‹ Prequel: Chances Risked
Sequel: Life's Chances

The Three C's

Chapter Forty One

We were all at Diesels, just winning a close game against the Hurricanes, even Jordan and Eric came out with us, I was really happy to be around those two, I always found myself laughing with them. Even Sidney was here and he had brought Kasey, his long time girlfriend and I smiled at how happy they looked.

I was drinking and having a good time with everyone when I looked down and saw that my drink was empty. I headed down from the V.I.P section that we always had and made my way to the bar, finding Sutter and Bennett already there and flirting with some girls. I smirked and rolled my eyes and leaned against the bar, waiting for the tender to come over.

“Eh! Maggie, how are you?!” I smiled when Andy came over; he was awesome and was always good at making drinks.

“I’m doing great, what’s up with you?” I laughed and pounded fists with him.

“Living the dream,” he snickered and I laughed and nodded my head, “What can I get ya? Surprise?”

“Yes!” I smiled brightly and he nodded his head and then turned around to work his magic.

“You’re a pretty little thing,” I heard and turned my head to see what looked to be a drunk college student.

‘…Little thing? Is this how boys talk to girls now?...’ I thought and then rolled my eyes and turned back towards Andy, he was looking down, but I saw the smirk on his face and swore that I heard his laugh, “Shut up.”

“Hey,” he laughed, “I didn’t say anything,” Andy said and placed the drink in front of me, “You should be used to it by now, Little Thing.”

“And just for that, I’m taking your tip away,” I teased and handed him a twenty, knowing that I don’t take change back, especially from a skilled drink maker like him.

“Oh, ouch, that hurts Mags,” he said and I laughed and we pounded fists again, “If I don’t see ya before the nights out, have a good one.”

“You’ll see me, nights not over yet,” I laughed and then grabbed my drink and headed back up the stairs.

I was leaning against the banister looking down at everyone dancing; I felt arms around my shoulders and a chest against my neck, turning my head to see Jordan there and Eric coming up behind him.

“How you doin’?” he smiled brightly and then kissed my cheek and I laughed and shook my head.

“Once a dork, always a dork,” I said and he and Eric laughed.

“Maggie,” I turned my head and saw Sidney and Marc walking over towards me, “Can you do me a favor?”

“Yeah, what’s up?”

“Kasey and Vero went into the bathroom a while ago and they haven’t come out yet, can you go check on them?” Sidney asked and Jordan stood up, I took a sip of my drink and handed it to Jordan and nodded my head.

“Yeah, downstairs?” I asked and Sidney nodded his head and I left the boys heading down the stairs, through the crowd and towards the back. I turned the corner towards the ladies room, opened the door and froze, my eyes widened and I instantly reacted, “HEY!!!” I growled and ran forward.

Vero was on the ground and there was a guy in the ladies room, he had Kasey pinned to the wall, her dress was ripped and he was trying to kiss her. I grabbed him by the back of his shirt and pulled him away, standing in front of Kasey and watching her bend down to see if Vero was all right.

“You picked the wrong person to mess with, sweetie,” the guy said and I glared at him.

“Obviously you assfuck, don’t know who I am!” I growled and clenched my fists.

“Maggie-“

“Go get Sid and Marc,” I said and Kasey looked at me, “Go!”

“Vero-“

“She’ll be all right,” I said and Kasey nodded her head and headed for the door. When the guy went to go at her, I moved in front of her and threw a punch across his face.

“You bitch!” he yelled and shoved me against the wall and then threw a punch across my face. I gasped and almost fell over; I tasted blood and looked up, glaring at the guy. Picking my foot up and kicking him back in the stomach, hoping that the heel from my high heels dug into him.

“You’re a fuckin’ pig if you think going after girls like this is all right!” I growled and then moved at him and punched him again.

-Sidney-
I was on the balcony looking down at everyone, waiting for Maggie to come back with Kasey and Vero, but even she was taking forever to come back. I heard my name and turned my head, I was standing with the Staals and Marc, one look and I saw Kasey and knew something was wrong. Her dress was ripped; I pulled my jacket off and threw it around her.

“What happened?!”

“This fuckin’ creep! He’s was in the bathroom- He knocked Vero out, Maggie told me-“

“Where?!” I yelled and she pointed towards the bathroom. I looked at the three and they followed after me, knowing that something was wrong.

When I got through the crowd and was about to head towards the back where the bathrooms were, the wall in front of me, it was only a think wall that could easily be destroyed, well, ended up being destroyed. A figure plowed through the wall and fell onto the ground, when the figure landed and skidded back a little, it wasn’t only until they started to get up that I realized it was Maggie.

The club music stopped, people were dancing anymore, they were crowding around us and I looked around to see some of my teammates coming over. Jordan moved forward and helped Maggie up and then we watched as this kid who looked to be a drunk football play move around the wall and glare at Maggie.

“You prick! Those were my favorite heels!” Maggie growled and I heard some people snicker as she kicked her heels off and then ran at him.

“Maggie!” I yelled and moved forward, but stopped when she punched the guy across the face and then leaned down and kicked his feet out from under him. She was about to go at him again, but he kicked her back and she flew back, if Jordan wasn’t there to catch her, I didn’t know what was going to happen. I was about to move forward again, but I was held back and saw Geno move in front of me, “G!”

“Stay out of trouble, I handle,” he said and I just looked at him.

“Where’s V?” Marc asked and looked around and I looked and moved over towards Maggie, standing in front of her and seeing her angry face.

“Sid! Did Kas-“

“She’s fine,” I said and Maggie nodded her head, “Where’s Vero?”

Maggie gasped and then jumped out of Jordan’s arms and ran towards the hole in the wall and climbed through, I followed her and knew that Marc was following me. We ran into the girls’ bathroom and I was Vero on the ground, her back leaning against the wall and she was groaning, just waking up.

“V!” Marc yelled as he moved in front of Vero and bent down, “Are you all right?!”

“My head hurts,” she breathed and Maggie stood up, got some wet paper towels and handed it to Marc, they were cleaning off of the blood because her head was bleeding, “Maggie- You’re bleeding!”

“I’m all right, let’s work on you first,” Maggie said and Vero nodded her head, “Sid, you’d better get out there and make sure Geno’s not killing the guy- That’s my job!”

“All right,” I said and then walked out of the bathroom and headed towards the floor when I saw Geno sitting on the guy’s back, smirking and then the security guards were making their way over.

“Sid,” Geno tossed me something and I caught it, saw it was the creep’s wallet.

I opened it, “Grant Stevenson,” I read the license, “From Ohio, student at Pitt,” I read and then bent down in front of the guy, he was on his stomach and trying to get Geno off of him, it wasn’t working, “You made a mistake by messing with us,” I growled and he looked at me and glared, “You touched my girlfriend, my teammate’s wife and my teammate.”

“All right Geno, we’ll take it front his!” the one security guard said as the two of them grabbed the guy’s arms and helped him up after Geno got off, “I don’t know how you got in, but you’re screwed this time.”

“He’s done shit like this before?” I asked and they nodded their heads, ‘…Why wasn’t something done the first time?!...’

“Mags!” I heard and turned my head to see Jordan, Eric and some of the others run over to her, she appeared behind Marc, who was carrying Vero.

“Where’s the fucker who did this?!” Marc growled as he put Vero down and I walked over towards him and placed my hand on his shoulder.

Soon the cops and ambulance showed up, the people in the club were asked to leave and soon it was just my team, the club staff, police and EMTs. I looked around, there were EMTs looking at Vero and Kasey, I walked over towards Kasey and saw the one just cleaning up a cut on her hand, it wasn’t that bad but I wanted her taken care of.

“I’m fine, Sid- Just a little shaken up,” she said and I leaned down next to her and placed my hand on her lap, she ran her fingers through my hair and I sighed and looked around again, “Go check up on Maggie, I’m fine.”

“Geno!” I called and he looked over, “Can you keep an eye on Kas-“

“I don’t need a babysitter,” Kasey hissed and the EMT lady giggled.

“No, but I might,” the EMT said and Geno smiled brightly and I smirked and rolled my eyes.

“I take care of pretty ladies,” Geno said and I patted his shoulder and walked off to see Maggie getting helped by an EMT.

“How are you?” I asked as I looked at her.

“Pissed, he broke my favorite heels,” she said and I chuckled, “How’s Kasey and Vero?”

“They’ll be all right- Thanks to you,” I said and she looked at me and shook her head.

“Naw, if you didn’t come get me to check up on them- Who knows what would have happened, Sid.”