‹ Prequel: Chances Risked
Sequel: Life's Chances

The Three C's

Chapter Forty Three

“You’re here! I’m so happy you’re here!” Pat smiled brightly as he picked me up, spun me around and then pressed his lips against mine. He still had me in the air, I wrapped my legs around his waist and he chuckled, moving back until we fell onto the couch and he was on top of me.

“Pat,” I breathed as he started to nip at my next, “Come on, the,” I groaned and gripped his hair, “Bedroom, bedroom-“

“Yes please, this is not the kind of thing I expected to walk into,” we heard and turned our heads.

“Shit,” Pat breathed and I threw back my head and gave an embarrassed laugh, knowing my face is red as I see two of Pat’s sisters standing in the doorway, “Forgot they were coming.”

“Hi Maggie!” Erica smiled brightly and waved towards me and I pushed Pat off of me and sat up, pulled myself from under him and standing up.

“You’re a wonderful brother, you know that?” I teased and Erica and Jessica laughed while Pat rolled his eyes.

“I forgot!”

“Uh huh,” Jessica said and I giggled, “When did you get here, Maggie?”

“Uh, ten minutes ago- If that,” I laughed and walked over towards me suitcase, I’m here for a few days, before playoffs start and life’s crazy.”

“Good, you’ll get out of here before Pat starts growing that stupid mullet of his-“

“Hey! Don’t dis the mullet!” he yelled and I giggled and rolled my eyes.

“What do you think of the mullet, Mags?” Erica asked and I looked at her and then looked at Pat, he looked like he was waiting for an answer.

“Don’t get me involved, I didn’t say anything about the mullet,” I said and then grabbed my bag and headed for the bedroom.

“This isn’t over, Marshall!” Pat yelled and I snorted and shook my head.

‘…How do I love that dork again?...’ I giggled as I walked into the room, laid my suitcase down and then plopped on the bed, really wanting to just sleep all day.

I had three days until playoffs started, we were going to be up against the Columbus Blue Jackets, I didn’t know how this series was going to go, we couldn’t let it end like last year. Pat and the hawks were going to be up against the St. Louis Blues, a team that hadn’t made it to the playoffs since Nixon was in office and has never won a Stanley Cup before.

There was a knock at the door and I picked up my head and saw Pat walking into the room, “What’s up?”

“Just thinking,” I thought and then laid back down, looking up at the ceiling.

“About what?”

“Playoffs, wondering how far we’re going to make it,” I said and Pat sighed and I felt him lay on his side above me. I looked up at him and he kissed my head, “You know, there’s a good chance that we might play against Philly.”

“You’ll be fine,” he said and I sighed.

“We always seem to let them get into our heads- We did in 2012-“

“Well, it’s not 2012 and I know you’ll do great,” he said and I smiled at him and then turned onto my stomach, leaned up and pressed my lips against his, “Remember, Pittsburgh versus Chicago for the Stanley Cup Finals.”

“It’s a date,” I giggled and Pat smiled brightly, “I’ll be accepting your congratulations when I hoist the Cup over my head-“

“Hey-Whoa now, I couldn’t go that far,” he chuckled and I laughed and squealed when Pat wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me close to him, “We all know Chicago’s gunna win.”

“Who’s we? You and the voices in your head?”

“Me and these voices are doing perfectly fine,” he said and I laughed and wrapped my arms around his neck.

“I love you, Pattie.”

“Love you too, Mags- I can’t wait for you to move here,” he said and I smiled and nodded my head.

“I have to house hunt-“

“Why? Just move in with me!” Pat smiled brightly and I giggled.

“I’ve got three dogs, Pat,” I said and Pat was about to say something and then closed his mouth, “Exactly- And before you say it, NO, I’m not leaving them behind!”

“I didn’t say anything,” he said and I smirked and climbed on top of him, looking down at him.

“No, but you were thinking it,” I said and he scoffed, “Don’t deny, I can read your pretty little face like a book.”

“You think I’m pretty,” he said and I threw back my head and laughed and then shook my head and laid it on his shoulder, kissing his neck and then sighing.

“Pat.”

“Hmm?”

“How are we gunna fuck each other with your sisters here?” I asked and Pat groaned, not thinking this one through.

“Shit!” he sighed and I just cuddled into him move, “We can-“

“If that sentence ends with you tell me that we can be quiet, then you can just stop right there because we both know that’s not gunna happen,” I said and Pat chuckled, “You’re too much of a screamer, baby.”

ME?!

“Yup,” I laughed and sat up, straddling Pat’s waist and laughing.

“I think you need to rethink the whole reading my face like a book, babe,” he laughed and I smirked and shrugged my shoulders, “And you’re the screamer.”

-Kane-
“Am I even allowed to sit next to my girlfriend?” I laughed as Sharp and Jon sat on both sides of Maggie as we entered the restaurant.

“Nope, Sparky’s sittin’ with us- Sharing is caring, Kaner!”

“That can be interrupted in so many ways, Sharpie,” Maggie said and he and Jon laughed and I smirked and shook my head, sitting next to Jon.

The team was out to dinner at a fancy restaurant, we were having a fun time, everyone was making Maggie laugh and I smiled, picturing her wearing the tradition black and red instead of black and yellow. I kept telling myself that we needed to get through this playoff series and then before I knew it, she’ll be in Chicago.

“That your phone, Mags?” Jon asked and I looked over to see Maggie answering her cell phone.

“Hell- Ow!” she winced and pulled phone away and then slowly put it back, “Ok, ok, ok, calm down- Breathe, pause, rewind and play,” the guys chuckled, “What did you just say?” she giggled and I wondered who she was talking to, “You’re such a dork- Of course I knew you were going to make it- Why are you so surprised by this?!”

“Who’s she talking to?” Seabrook asked from the other side of me and I shrugged my shoulders.

“I have no clue, but your chances are good- From the sound of things, you’re not going to be the only girl there,” Maggie said and I looked at Jon, “No I mean-,” Maggie looked up and around, we were all looking at her, “Yeah I’m still here, just watching as everyone creepily stares at me,” she giggled and we all laughed, “I’m in Chicago,” she said and then sighed and pulled her phone away from her ear and hit a button, “Ok, say hi to everyone, Dana.”

Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!” I chuckled at Maggie’s crazy cousin.

“What’s the news, Dana?” I asked, leaning over Jon, closer to the phone.

“I officially got my letter that I was accepted to the- And I quote- 2014 Philadelphia NHL Draft,” she squealed and I smiled brightly and Maggie laughed.

“Oh great, another Marshall,” Jon teased and Maggie laughed and playfully pushed him.

“Did you slap him- Someone slap him!” Dana yelled over the phone and we all laughed and Jon just shook his head.

“That’s abuse towards your future Captain-“

“You’re not my Captain yet!”

“Hence the future,” Jon teased and I smiled brightly at the fact that we were talking about this, I was getting what I wanted, the girl, the teammate, the girl as the teammate, everything.