‹ Prequel: Chances Risked
Sequel: Life's Chances

The Three C's

Chapter Fifty Five

“Mags! Kaner!” I heard and looked up to see Seguin running off of the boat and over towards us, “You made it!”

“Yeah man, sorry we’re late, couldn’t find a parking spot!” Pat said and Seguin smirked and shrugged his shoulder, giving Pat a bro hug and then looking at me and pulling me into a hug.

Despite our bumpy start, Tyler and I aren’t that bad, I wouldn’t push it to call us besties, but we are friends. The three of us headed for the boat and when I got on I heard laughter and turned my head to freeze and groan.

Pat came up behind me, I felt his hand on my waist and he came up close, “Be nice,” he breathed into my ear.

It was a good thing I had sunglasses on, Mike Del Zotto couldn’t see me glaring at him. I didn’t like him, on or off the ice, he was one of the few that were cockily everywhere they went, his personality was one of the reasons that his ass was traded from New York to Nashville. Then again, Tyler’s personality was one of the reasons why he was traded to Dallas from Boston.

“Well, well, well, Maggie Marshall,” Del Zotto smiled as he stood up from his spot surrounded by girls and walked over, “Been a while.”

“Yeah,” I said and felt Pat’s arm around my waist, “Last time I saw you, your ass was on the ice holding onto your broken nose.”

“You punched me for no reason-“

“No reason? I had every reason- You elbowed Neal in the face and gave him a concussion!” I hissed and Pat pulled me back a little and Tyler stepped in-between us.

“Now guys, come on- This is offseason, forget about what happened in the past,” I heard and turned my head to see Brad Marchand coming up from the bottom of the boat.

“Marshy!” I smiled and walked over towards him and hugged him.

“How are ya, Mags?!” he laughed and hugged me tight.

“I’m good, what are you doing here?”

“Segs, invited me- We’re gunna have some fun,” he smiled brightly, “Look at all the ladies-“

“You mean, bunnies,” I said and he chuckled and shrugged his shoulders, “Enjoy those, I need a beer.”

“Coming right up!” Brad said and then disappeared back down below.

“Can’t go anywhere without pickin’ a fight, eh, Marshall,” I heard and looked up and smirked, Seguin had moved to the top part of the boat.

“Well, the depends on entirely who pissed me off,” I stated and then felt Pat’s arms wrap around my waist and I leaned back into him.

“Try not to fight anyone, we’re on vacation,” he said and I giggled and turned around in his arms and kissed his neck.

“I’ll try.”

“Thank you,” he chuckled and then a beer appeared in front of mine and Pat’s face.

“For the new comers,” I heard and laughed, Pat and I taking the two beers and turning to see Brad.

“So how long is this voyage?”

“Just one night,” Tyler said and I nodded my head, “There’s a little island a couple miles out that we sometimes go to, we party and camp out there and then come back in the morning.”

“Cool.”

-Kane-
“So is Maggie going to Chicago?” Tyler asked as we were on the top part of the boat, he was driving us towards the island, some more people came after us, mostly his hometown friends, one was the guy who came to my house, Freddy.

“Yeah, it was supposed to be announced the week after the awards, but they’re waiting until other teams gather their trades up,” I said and he nodded his head, paying attention to the water as I take a few sips of my beer.

“Bet that makes you happy,” he said and I chuckled and nodded my head, “How long have you two been together?”

“About two and a half years,” I said and he nodded his head.

“And you never once screwed up?” he asked surprised.

“Once- Well, if you’re talking about cheating wise- Then no, I never once screwed up,” I said and he looked at me even more surprised, “You and I have- Well, had a pretty bad reputation going on there for a while.”

“I’d like to think that I cleaned up my act once I got traded- It was kind of an eye opener,” he said and I nodded my head, “I miss Boston though.”

“I’d miss Chicago too, if I got traded.”

“Will you?”

“Naw, they’re never trade Tazer or I.”

“That’s what I thought too,” Seguin said and I looked at him.

“You’re playing better in Dallas-“

“No, I’m playing the same I played in Boston, it’s just Boston was a better team- Had better players-“

“You helped Dallas make it to the playoffs for the first time in- How long?” I asked him and he sighed and nodded his head, “You did better.”

“So what’s gunna happen when she comes to Chicago?” he asked and I looked at him, “Will you live together?”

“We have a house being built,” I said and he looked at me.

“You’re just full of surprises today,” he said and I smirked and leaned over the side of the banister and looked to the front of the boat to see Maggie lying on a towel soaking up the sun. She was by herself, everyone else was in the back with the handful of girls that Seguin invited, “Next you’re gunna be telling me that Mags’ is gunna be popping out some mini me’s,” Seguin laughed and I chuckled.

“Not quite yet-“

“Not quite yet?!” Seguin said and then laughed, “You really love her, eh? If you’re talkin’ like that I mean.”

“Maggie’s contract with Chicago is for three years, after the three years, she’s going to try and push for a one year contract because she wants to participate in the 2018 Olympics- But if they don’t give it to her, she’ll be all right.”

“That when she’s gunna pop out some little ones?” Seguin asked and I smirked, took a swig of my beer and just looked at Maggie.

“Maybe.”

-Maggie-
“Oh, it’s so good to be home,” Pat laughed as we walked through the doors of his Chicago home.

“Yeah, for like two days,” I smirked and Pat chuckled and nodded his head.

We had just gotten back from a weekend with some players, mostly Pat’s friends, and then in two days we were heading down to Texas for two weeks to spend some time with my family before we split for over a month to train for the upcoming season.

My three dogs, Jazz, Bella and Stanley were already down in Texas, I had flown them off before Pat and I went on the boat trip. Now basically my two days were going to be spent, doing laundry and then repacking everything, not to mention, getting all of my gear ready for training in Colorado with Sidney, Jeff Carter, Jamie Benn and Matt Duchene. Dana wasn’t going to be joining us this year, because when we have training, that’s when she has rookie camp with her NHL team; however, we were going to see her in Texas.

As I was in the middle of doing laundry, my cell phone went off; I looked to see that it was an unknown number calling me. I looked at it confused and then decided to answer it, “Hello?”

“Hello, I’m looking for Margaret Marshall,” he said, sounding like an older man.

“Uh, yes, that’s me- Who’s this?”

“Oh, my apologies, my name is Colonel Stevenson, from the Holloman Air Force Base in El Paso, Texas,” he said proudly and I leaned against the washer.

“Well hello, Colonel, what can I do for you?” I asked curious as to why this man was calling me, and how he got my phone number.