‹ Prequel: Chances Risked
Sequel: Life's Chances

The Three C's

Chapter Fifty Nine

I had a beer in my hand and stood in the VIP area looking down at the people dancing to the beat the DJ was playing. I felt someone come up behind me and stand next to me; I knew it was Sidney without even looking.

I felt his arm around my shoulder and looked over to see him leaning in, “I never congratulated you on your trade.”

“And I never congratulated you on your three trophies,” I said and he chuckled, “You’re MVP this year.”

“You gunna win it next year?”

“Gunna try,” I said and he chuckled and nodded his head.

“Maggie!” I heard and felt a body leaning over me, “Come dance!”

I saw that it was Benn; I laughed when he grabbed my hand and started to pull me towards the dance floor. Carter and Duchene had found some girls and we’re dancing with them, Timber from Pitbull was playing and I was facing Benn dancing with him. We were holding each other’s hands and dancing goofily, just having a fun time.

When the song ended, the Wobble song from W.I.C. started and the DJ yelled over his mic that he wanted to see people dance. I laughed because Dana had just taught me the moves of the summer while we were in Texas, after going to an eighteen to party, twenty-one to drink club.

“I don’t know the moves!” Carter yelled and I smiled.

“I do!” I yelled and he and the two other looked at me, “It’s easy! Watch!”

-Kane-
I was just getting back to Jon’s house, we had finished training, it was pretty late on a Saturday night and I was really tired. I was walking into the guest bedroom, just getting ready to get comfortable when there was a knock on my door; Jon walked in and said that Emma wanted to show me something. I’ve been in Winnipeg for about three weeks now and Emma and Troy have been with us the whole time, I think her and Jon are together, but they’re keeping it quiet for now.

I walked into the living room and saw Emma and Jon on the couch looking at Emma’s laptop, they were watching a video. I came over and sat on the other side of Emma and saw that she was on twitter and looking at a video on Maggie’s page.

“What’s this?” I asked and looked at the tweet to see that it was a name I didn’t know. #MaggieMarshall46 #JeffCarter77 #Matt9Duchene #jamiebenn14 spotted Wobbling at #TipsyTables

“Looks like Maggie and the boys went out to party,” Emma said.

“Wobbling? Are they drunk?” I asked, getting a little annoyed because it doesn’t seem like something she would do.

“No,” Emma laughed, “I don’t think so, it’s the name of the song,” she said and I looked at her confused, she pressed play and I watched, Maggie and the guys were dancing and the guys didn’t know what to do, it was pretty funny.

“When does she come back to Chicago?” Jon asked.

“Next week she’s finished with training, I’m gunna meet her in Chicago and we’re gunna go and see how the house is turning out,” I said and the two nodded their heads, “We’re gunna head to Pittsburgh for a week after that because Maggie wants to be there for her brother’s first football game of the season.”

“Conditioning starts after that,” Jon said and I nodded my head.

“We’ll be there,” I said and he nodded his head.

“You’ve had a busy summer,” Emma said and I laughed.

“That’s an understatement,” I groaned and leaned back on the couch.

“You know we’ve got a photoshoot the week we go back,” Jon said and I looked at him, “You, me and Mags.”

“What? Since when?”

“Last week, Eric called me,” Jon said, talking about his manager.

“Tim didn’t tell me anything,” I said, talking about my manager, “Which reminds me, Maggie’s got to get herself a manager.”

“Whatever happened to that Tosha girl? She didn’t last long,” Jon said and I snorted.

“She shacked up with Stamkos and moved down to Tampa with him- That happened a while ago, though- You didn’t know?” I asked and he shook his head.

-Maggie-
“There’s my girl!” I heard and turned around, smiling brightly when I saw Pat and his head full of curls. i giggled and ran over towards him, jumping in his arms, out hats that were on to cover our faces fell off when I kissed him hard, not seeing him in over a month.

“I missed you,” I breathed against him and Pat chuckled.

“I missed you too,” he said and then set me down on the ground, “You ready to see how our house looks?”

“Yes! I’m excited! Have you seen it?” I asked and he nodded his head, “How’s it coming?”

“Good, the outside of the house is all finished, they just need to finish off the inside, we have stairs- But that’s about it,” Pat said and I laughed and nodded my head, “How was training?”

“Torture- Yours.”

“Same,” we both laughed as Pat and I headed out of the airport, towards his Hummer and then headed in the direction where our house was being built.

“When will it be finished?” I asked as we were on the street.

“The house will be finished in October- That’s when we can start getting furniture and everything- I think the guy said the second week in October,” Pat said and I nodded my head.

We came up to our driveway and I smiled when Pat pulled in and I saw the men working on building our house. The two of us got out of the car, walked over towards the man in charge, took two hard hats and got a tour of our work in progress, it wasn’t a long tour.

“I’m so excited!” I laughed and Pat smiled and nodded his head.

“Everything is going all according to schedule, Ms. Marshall,” the man said and I nodded my head.

“Thank you,” I said and then Pat and I left, heading back to his condo. My three dogs were there, Pat had taken them up to Winnipeg with him while I was in Colorado, I heard they had fun in Jon’s pool while they were there.

We took the three dogs for a long walk around Chicago and then headed back to the condo. As soon as the door to the condo closed, Pat pulled me to him and crashed his lips onto mine. I groaned against him and wrapped my arms around his head and tangled my fingers in his curls.

Pat’s hands moved all over my body and I had to push him away, “Pat, I need to shower, I probably smell.”

“You’re fine,” he mumbled against my neck and I groaned when he started to nip at my soft spot under my ear.

“Pat, come on.”

“Fine, fine,” he growled and I giggled and pulled away from him, turning around to head to our room, letting out a little squeal when he slapped my ass hard.

“Pat!” I yelled and he just gave me a bright smile, I laughed, shook my head and headed into the bedroom, into the bathroom, stripped my clothes, turned the shower on and stepped inside. I wasn’t alone for five minutes before I heard the shower door opening and felt arms around me. I giggled and turned to see Pat, “Really?” I smirked.

“I missed you,” he said and then closed the door, pushed me against the wall and pressed his lips against mine and I groaned at the feeling of his arms around me, holding me tight, his bare skin touching mine, his hard on pressed against my stomach, and then of course, his lips attacking mine.

“I missed you too, Pat,” I breathed and then groaned, throwing my head back and letting out a few rough breaths as he slipped inside of me quick and hard.

“Fuck, Mags!” he growled against my neck and then felt my feet leave the ground and I gasped and groaned to the feeling of Pat. He put me back on the ground and turned around, I was pressed up against the glass walls, he grabbed my ass roughly and then pounded inside of me, I cried out of shock and then felt his teeth digging into my shoulder, “It’s been too long, Mags.”

“Definitely,” I groaned out and was pressed harder against the glass.

-Kane-
“What’s gotten into you tonight, Pat?” Maggie giggled as she laid underneath me, her hands and feet bound to the bed.

“I just fuckin’ missed you,” I growled against her skin, to be honest, when I saw her in airport, I wanted to jump her right there. I sent little nips at her skin and heard her groan and felt her arch her back as my hands and lips got lower.

“Let me go, Pat,” Maggie said and I looked at her and nodded my head, undoing the ties at her hands and feet and then huffing when she jumped on me, pinning me to the bed and grinding her hips into mine.

“Oh no,” I hurried, jumping up and pushing her back onto the bed, “This is my time-“

“But-“

“No,” I said and ran my hands down Maggie’s body, stopping at her thighs and bending them up and then slipping myself between her legs. I wasn’t even doing anything, but the anticipation of something happening was making Maggie groan and buck her hips a little, “I didn’t do anything, Maggie.”

“Shut up,” she breathed out and I chuckled and slipped my head between her legs, she cried out and I felt her hands in my hair and she bucked against my face.