‹ Prequel: Chances Risked
Sequel: Life's Chances

The Three C's

Chapter Six

“Pat! I swear, I’m fine!” I groaned as I sat on my kitchen counter and held the phone to my ear.

“Are you-“

“You finish that sentence- So help me I will fly to Chicago and kick your ass!” I growled and heard laughter on the phone; I knew he had me on speaker.

“I think she’s fine, Kaner,” I heard and knew it to be Corey.

“I’m fine guys, really. Doc just didn’t want me to play tonight to be sure, but I’ve been practicing with the guys, I’ll be traveling to Toronto with them- I’m all right,” I said and Pat sighed.

“All right, fine, you’re all right,” he said and I sighed, “Miss you.”

“I miss you too,” I said and then giggled when I heard the guys starting to bust him for being so ‘sensitive’, “Miss you guys too.”

“You better!”

-Kane-
“Make sure you’re in Winnipeg by Friday night, Pat,” Jon said and I nodded my head.

“I’ll be there,” I said as I hurried out of the locker room.

It was late at night and we had just won our home game against the Senators. I had a flight to catch because we had a small break in the schedule and I was going to Pittsburgh. It’s been a few days since I last talked to Maggie, I know she had two away games, one against Toronto, which she lost and then the other against Carolina, which they won. The Penguins’ were back home because they had a game the next night against the Bruins. Maggie looked more like herself in the game against Carolina than in the Toronto and I knew that she was going to be all right.

It was early in the morning when I flew into Pittsburgh, taking a taxi to Maggie’s house, punching the codes into her garage, grabbing the spare key in the old tool box in the back of the garage and then opening the door. I walked into the home, Jazz and Stanley came up to me, I was thankful that they didn’t bark, they just wagged their tails and wanted love. Bella let out a little bark, but I shushed her and then placed my suitcase by the stairs. I cursed when I heard footsteps and saw the stair light flick on, I almost laughed when I saw Bennett walk downstairs, trying to look intimidating with his bed head, drool on his face, sleepy expression and the fact that he had a tennis rack in his hand.

“Wow, I’m so scared,” I said and he just looked at me, blinked his eyes a few times and then rubbed his eyes, “Damn, if those are your reflexives, good thing I’m not a bulgier.”

“Kane?”

“And he’s awake ladies and gentlemen,” I snorted.

“It’s two in the morning!” he growled and I nodded my head, “What are you doing here?”

“Have a break, came to see Maggie,” I said and he sighed and dropped the tennis racket, turned around and headed back up the stairs, shaking his head.

I chuckled and then headed up the stairs and walked into Maggie’s bedroom, she was fast asleep on the bed. I kicked my shoes off, pulled my suit jacket off, loosened my tie, unbuttoned my shirt, took it and my undershirt off, kicked my pants off and walked over towards the bed, climbing in and pressing my chest to Maggie’s back.

At first, she relaxed into my touch, and then she tensed and shot up, flicking the light on and looking at me angrily and then realizing that it was me, “Patrick?” she asked and I smirked and nodded my head, “What- When- You’re-“

I cupped the side of her face and pulled it down and pressed my lips against hers. I felt her climb on top of me and I rolled her over so that I was on top of her. I laced my fingers with hers and heard her giggle when I kissed her neck and breathed in her scent, I missed her so much.

“I missed you Maggie,” I said and Maggie pushed herself up, I sat up and she pushed me off of her and climbed on me, straddling my waist. I smirked and placed my hands on her thighs and watched as she took her top off. I sat up and wrapped my lips around her breast and grabbed the other one and heard her groan and felt her hands in my hair.

Maggie pushed me back against the bed and sent kisses down my chest, stomach and right above my boxers. I groaned when she grabbed my forming hard on and sucked in a breath when she started to peel them down and I felt her breath on my skin. I let out a groan when Maggie took me into her mouth and I closed my eyes and tangled my hands in her hair.

-Maggie-
“Why do you look so tired, Sunny?” Pascal asked as Olli, Beau and I walked into the locker room to get ready for the game tonight against the Bruins, “Same with Olli.”

“I don’t know, they just look exhausted,” I giggled and saw the two glare at me.

“How are you awake?” Olli asked, “All night long,” he groaned and collapsed on the bench and leaned back into his stall.

“All night long?” Kunitz asked as he looked at me.

“Nothing,” I said and started to get dressed in my spandex.

“No, no, no, I wanna know what’s going on,” Pascal said and I giggled and shrugged my shoulders.

“Hey Mags!” I turned and saw Marc walk in, “I didn’t know that Kane was in town- Just saw him upstairs when I was dropping V off.”

Oooooooooooooooooooh!!!!” Kunitz and Pascal started laughing.

“Now I get it,” Pascal said and I rolled my eyes, “All night long.”

“Shut up,” I muttered, knowing my face was turning red.

“Yeah, sorry guys, should have warned ya- When Kane’s in town, whoever’s in the house- On that block, doesn’t get a lot of sleep,” Kunitz said and I threw back my head and groaned, completely embarrassed.

“Oh,” Marc laughed, “I’m catching on here- Don’t let Sid find out,” he said and I sighed and nodded my head, “You look like we’ve got something to work with today- Is it because we’re playing Boston?”

“Yeah, Horton and Seguin aren’t on the team anymore,” I sighed, two of my friends that were traded to separate teams, “But, Lucic, Marchand, Rask and Chara are still there.”

-Kane-
Maggie and I were sitting on her couch, downstairs in her basement, just watching some show called Baby Daddy; Maggie seemed to be obsessed with it. I think it was because she thought that the one actor was hot, her words, not mine.

“He’s so pretty,” Maggie gushed as a scene appeared of this guy shirtless and I rolled my eyes.

“Thanks Mags,” I said and she slapped my chest and I tightened my arm that was already wrapped around her, “I feel your love.”

“You better,” she giggled as she climbed onto my lap and wrapped her arms around my neck.

“I do,” Maggie breathed and then pressed her lips against mine and I wrapped my arms around her waist and pulled her closer to me, tilting my head back, because Maggie was higher than me. She groaned when I grabbed her ass and she tangled her fingers into my hair.

“Maggie, Maggie, Maggie!” Maggie and I pulled apart and looked towards the doorway, hearing Emma coming down the stairs, “Look what I found about Pat- Who’s here- When did you get here?”

“Last night, what did you find about me?” I asked and she smiled brightly and I saw the laptop in her hand and she ran over towards the TV.

“Ok, I don’t know how you’ll react to this- But I know that Maggie and I will be laughing our asses off,” Emma said and I watched her hook up the laptop to the TV and I saw that she was watching a TV show called Sirens, “This is a show based in Chicago and their EMTs, the white guy is straight and the black guy is gay, the gay guy got invited to an ex’s wedding and he doesn’t want to go so he and his friend are going to the Blackhawks and Bruins game,” she said and it peaked my interest. Emma pressed play and Maggie plopped down next to me, Emma was already snickering.

“Go to that wedding tomorrow and shine like a jem!” the one old guy said, “Just make the promise son and make it now.”

“Fine, I’ll go.”

“See, what’d I tell ya! Father figure!”

“He’s not going, padre, he just said that to shut you up!” the woman said.

“You are?”

“Yup,” he said opening the door, “We’re going to the Blackhawk Bruin game,” he said and then left.


“That’s it?” I asked and Emma giggled and shook her head. The show fast forward to when the two men were in the car and looking like they were heading to the game.

“Oh great day for a game!”

“Oh yeah, beers-“

“Fights-“

“Bodychecks-“

“Jonathan Toews-“

“Patrick Kane-“

“Patrick Kane’s eyes and his ass,” the black guy said.

“Ok, ok, just this once, I will talk to you about Patrick Kane’s eyes and his ass- Because today! I’m going to be the greatest wingman of all time- And tonight! I’m gunna get you laid! Not that you need any help because you can basically snap your fingers and twenty blow jobs appear out of thin air- What I wouldn’t give to have your life, all your one night stands, casual sex- I mean, sex is never casual for me, ever, like- like ever!” the black guy had a serious look on his face and started to turn the car around, “Whoa, whoa, whoa, where are we going?”

“Wedding- I changed my mind.”

“I can’t believe I’m saying this, but it is an emergency- Three words- Patrick Kane’s Ass!”


I looked over towards Maggie and Emma to see them laughing so hard tears were in their eyes and I was just shaking my head, hoping that none of my teammates, or anyone in the league ever found this or I would never live this down.

“It is a pretty sexy ass,” Maggie said and I just shook my head, “What is this show! I gotta start watching it-“

“NO!” I said and the girls just laughed, “Oh my god.”

“I did say that I didn’t know how you’ll react to this,” Emma sang as she laughed and I just shook my head.
♠ ♠ ♠
The show is called Sirens, it's freakin' hilarious! I love it so much and if you wanna watch the whole episode you need to go to www.watchseries.to go to the search and type in 'Sirens' and it's the 2014 one and it's episode 7, this scene happens about 11 minutes into the show.... It's a really funny show and I'm hooked!

Happy Reading