‹ Prequel: Chances Risked
Sequel: Life's Chances

The Three C's

Chapter Sixty Three

-Maggie-
The two games that we had in Sweden, we won one game and lost the other, we had already started the regular season; our first three games were away, two against the Panthers, wining the one, and then losing our other away game against the Red Wings. Tomorrow night we had a game against the Avalanche, our home opener.

Right now we were just getting off the ice, just finishing practice, each of us were at our stalls changing out of our gear. Coach came in and said that Cabbie was here, I looked up and smirked, he was the reporter that went to every team and everyone loved him.

“What’s up, my girl?!” Cabbie yelled as he happily walked over towards me and hugged me, “Man, look at you all in red and black like the colors were made for you!”

“Damn right,” Pat said and I giggled.

“How was your move?” he asked and I smiled towards him.

“It was good, the house is pretty much finished, just need to get it inspected and we can start moving in,” I said and Cabbie nodded his head.

“Ok, ok, ok, so that’s off the record- Now what’s on the record,” he said and I looked at the camera man behind him.

“Going well, I’m liking the transition to Chicago,” I said and Cabbie nodded his head.

“We’re liking her here too,” Pat said as he came up behind me, wrapping his arm around my shoulder and pulling me closer to him.”

“I’m sure you are,” Cabbie laughed, “So tomorrow’s the game opener- How are you feeling?”

“A little nervous, but more excited,” I said and Cabbie nodded his head.

“So I found out that tomorrow at the opener, when each player is announced, there’s going to be music playing for each song,” Cabbie said and I looked at Pat and he shrugged his shoulders, “No way, no one told you- Oops, maybe I spilled the beans.”

“So what’s going on with the music?” I asked, “Something in particular, or-“

“So, well, it’s on Twitter too- Fans got to vote on what song was going to be played for each player- Well, I guess you’ll find out tomorrow what song was picked for you.”

“I kind of want to know now,” I laughed a little, “Prepare myself for this.”

“It’s a little scary to know that hormonal teenagers are picking our personality songs,” Jon said and I nodded my head.

“Well, I know for a fact that I’m going to be enjoying not only the game tomorrow, but the opening act,” Cabbie teased and I smirked and rolled my eyes.

-Kane-
“Babe- Ok! So, Cabbie said that it’s on Twitter-“

“Yeah, and?” I asked as I walked over towards Pat, he was sitting on the couch with his laptop in front of him. I was in the kitchen making a sandwich because I was starving from just getting home from practice.

“I found it,” he said and I plopped down on the couch next to him, “Fans had to post what song they thought would be perfect for us-“

“What’s mine?” I asked, leaning closer to the screen.

“You don’t wanna know,” he said and moved the screen away from me and I looked at him confused.

“Why? What song is it?” I asked and I saw that Pat was biting back a smirk, “Patrick Kane, what song is it?”

“You’ll find out tomorrow,” he said and I growled, grabbed my phone out of my pocket, “NO!” he yelled, taking my phone and sitting on it.

“Pat! What the hell?!” I growled and he closed his laptop and I glared at him, “Give me my phone.”

“Nope, you can’t see it,” he said and then I stood up and moved in front of him, trying to push him off of his seat so that I can reach my phone, “Not happening,” he laughed when I struggled to push him away.

“Pat,” I let out a frustrated laugh, “Move your big ass!”

“No way,” he laughed and then wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me down onto the couch and then climbing on top of me.

“Why can’t I see?!” I whined and Pat chuckled.

“Because it’s gunna be a surprise!” he smiled brightly and I rolled my eyes, “Promise you won’t look.”

“Nope,” I said and Pat pouted.

“Maggie!”

“Nope!” I giggled.

“I’ll sit on you all night just to make sure you don’t look,” he said and I scoffed.

“Like you can hold me down all night,” I said and Pat leaned down, pressing himself against me, a sly smirk on his face.

“I can if I’m fuckin’ you,” he said and then pressed his lips against mine and grinded his groin into mine.

“I hate you,” I groaned and Pat chuckled.

“No you don’t.”

“I should.”

~~~~~

I sat in front of my sat, staring at the ground, dressed in my gear, wearing red and black for the first time, my first official home game as a Blackhawk. I saw skates in front of me and looked up to see Jon standing in front of me.

“You ok?” he asked and I looked up at him, stood up and looked around the room, everyone was looking at me.

I looked back at Jon and smirked, “Never better.”

“Good,” he smirked and then patted my shoulder, “Let’s kick some ass!”

“All Star style,” I said and he nodded his head and we did our famous elbow tap, don’t ask me how it ever got started, it just happened, instead of high fives or knuckle bumps, we always just tapped our elbows together.

We had our home opener against Colorado, we had already warmed up, but now it was time to head out onto the ice. Everyone lined up, I was in the middle we pretty much went in numerical order, except for Jon, Captain went last and Corey, our main goalie always went first. With my number forty-six, I was in-between Joakim Nordstrom and Andrew Shaw. As we stood in line we heard the announcer thank the fans for coming out and informing them, if they didn’t already know, about the songs that were voted to match our personality, I couldn’t wait to see this.

I laughed so hard as they called Corey’s name and then listened to Baby Got Back blast over the speakers as he skated onto the ice. Sharp’s song was Eye of the Tiger, Saad’s was Hero from Enrique Iglesias and we were all laughing until we were crying as he skated onto the ice and skated around like he was a figure skater.

When Nordstrom’s name was called, a song was played that I didn’t recognize, I sighed and looked back towards Pat, three players behind me, he was smirking, “Are you gunna tell me what they picked?”

“Nope,” he said and I sighed.

“Thanks Pat.”

“Anytime, babe,” he said and I scoffed and looked forwards, hearing Shaw and Hossa snickering.

“Ladies and Gentlemen, Chicago had gained new players this year, but we are very excited to have the first person to defy all odds in the sport of hockey,” I smirked and cracked my neck a little, taking a deep breath, “We’re happy to introduce the Chicago Blackhawk, Maggie Marshall!”

“Oh you’ve got to be fuckin’ kiddin’ me,” I muttered as I listened to Wiggle blast over the speakers. I laughed and shook my head as I jumped onto the ice, hearing the cheers of the fans, as I skated around my teammates to take a spot in the line, they didn’t really care where you stood, some of the guys were yelling for me to wiggle, “Shut up!” I yelled towards Corey and he laughed.

I heard my teammates cheer as I gave the little rap and took my spot next to Nordstrom, he was laughing and shaking his head. I danced in my spot a little and then shook my head and then heard Shaw’s name being announced and Turn Down For What blasted. We laughed when Hossa came out and Club Can’t Handle Me blasted. This was it, there were two players left and we were all interested to see what their songs would be.

“Ten bucks says he does the shuffle,” Shaw said to Hossa and I snorted.

“Naw, he’s gunna do something else- It’s Kaner, he’s already looked up what his song is and came up with something,” Hossa said and I smirked and leaned forward.

“Twenty bucks says he does both,” I said and the two look at me.

“You two live together! It doesn’t count!” Shaw said and I snorted, “You probably know!”

Pat’s name was called and we laughed when Sexy and I Know It blasted and I smirked and shook my head as Pat skated around and acted like Pat. I wish the boys took my beat, because I was right, he did his own thing and then ended up doing the Kaner Shuffle.

I think Jon’s was the funniest out of everyone’s, the fans had picked Jon’s song as Bad from Michael Jackson and begged him to do his moonwalk, Captain Serious’ face turned bright red and I could tell from right there that Jon was going to be just like Sidney when it came to teasing him.

‘…I’m going to like it here…’