‹ Prequel: Chances Risked
Sequel: Life's Chances

The Three C's

Chapter Seven

-Maggie-
“You’re here!” I giggled as she walked towards me and jumped me.

“It’s so good to be out of Vancouver, Maggie- Like, you have no idea,” Dana said and I giggled and nodded my head.

“I’m surprised your parents let you come, with school- And hockey,” I said and she sighed.

“They wanted me to go to Texas, to stay with your parents, but I begged to come here,” she said and I nodded my head, “You know, they’re starting the trails soon,” Dana said and I just looked down, “It’s been about six months since Anna-“

“You don’t have- I know,” I said and I sighed, “Come on, I’ve got a few days and I need to pack,” I said and she looked at me.

“Where are we going?” Dana asked as I walked her out of the airport and towards to my car.

“You’ll see,” I smiled towards her and she giggled, “Actually, our flight is tonight, so we’ve got about seven hours to get ready.”

She looked at her watch, “Where are we going, Maggie?”

“Surprise,” I said and looked at my clock, it was just after one, we had an eight o’clock to a destination that was going to make my cousin really happy.

We were ten days into the month of November, Pat had came and left a little over a week ago and it was really great to see him. The Penguins had an away game last night against the Blues, which we lost, but it was only by one point. We flew in this morning and then I went back to the airport a few hours later to pick my cousin up and then in another few hours, we were going to fly out.

I pulled into my driveway and Dana crawled out of my car and headed into the house, “Now, I gotta let you know, you’re gunna be rooming with me.”

“What happened to my room?” she asked confused.

“Currently occupied.”

“Emma’s old room?”

“Currently occupied,” I said and she looked at me confused.

“By who?” she asked and Beau and Olli walked up from the basement and Dana looked at them and froze.

“Hey Mags- Who’s this?” Beau asked, never meeting Dana before.

“This is Dana-“

“Ooooh, you’re the one that everyone talks about,” Beau said and I smirked and nodded my head, looking towards Dana to see that she had her eyes fixed on Olli.

‘…Oh for the love of- No!...’ I watched as Dana shook Beau’s hand and Olli walked up to her and introduced himself.

“Mag-“

“No,” I said and she looked at me, “No.”

“But-“

“No,” I said, knowing what she was thinking, “Not happening.”

“What’s going on?” Beau asked and Olli just shrugged his shoulders.

“Nothing, we do this- Don’t mind it,” I said and the boys just looked at us, “Listen, we leave in a couple hours, you’ve got the house for the next few days- Try not to burn it down.”

“Party!” Beau cheered and Olli laughed, I glared at the two, “No Party!”

“Better,” I said and Dana giggled.

“Yeah, you guys have fun in-“

“Hey!” I yelled and looked towards Beau, “Zip it!”

“Oh, right- Surprise!” he said and I rolled my eyes and Dana sighed.

“Do you know where we’re going Olli?” Dana asked and Olli looked at her, at me, at her, at me.

“Uh-“

“Say one word and the Olli Maata and I will-“

“Let’s be nice here!” Beau said and swung his arm around Olli’s neck, “After all, you already scarred the poor kid.”

“How?” Dana asked and Beau and I started to laugh at the poor kid’s face turning bright red.

“You don’t wanna know,” Olli said and then headed upstairs and I just shook my head.

We rested the rest of the day, waiting for it to be time to go to the airport, the day was supposed to be spent with my cousin, but I didn’t have any hard feelings when she ditched me to talk with Olli. I knew the second she saw him a little crush was formed and once this girl likes someone, she makes it her mission to get to know them.

When it was time to head to the airport, I made it my mission to hide where we were going. I managed to get her on the plane and even in the air before she started to ask again where we were going.

“So you gunna let me see the ticket to see where we’re going?” Dana asked and I giggled and shook my head, “You know they’re going to announce it, right?”

“Shit, I forgot,” I said and then sighed.

“Just tell me,” she said and I sighed and looked at her.

“All right, deep breath,” I said, turning my body to face her in our first class seats, “We’re going to Boston.”

“Are you serious?!” she asked excitedly and I nodded my head.

“Yup, tomorrow we’ll shop, have lunch with some people and then we’ll go to the Bruins and Lightning game,” I said and her eyes widened.

“We’re going to be in the Garden?” she asked and I smirked and nodded my head, “The actual Garden- In Boston- Bruins-“

“Yes!” I laughed and she squealed and hugged my tight.

“THANK YOU!!!”

“Shhhhh!” I laughed because people were looking at us, “So sorry,” I said as I looked at the annoyed faces.

When we landed in Boston, it was a little late; we took a taxi to the Four Seasons, which was a few blocks from the garden. Dana was aw struck by the suite that we stayed in that had an amazing view of the city at night.

“Just think, it’ll look a lot better in the morning,” I said and she smiled and nodded her head, “Get some rest, Dana- We’ve got a busy day tomorrow.”

“Who are we having lunch with?” she asked and I smiled, she already knew the answer to that questions, “Are you serious?!”

“Yup, they know we’re in town- Though, Horton and Segs won’t be there- Just Looch, Tuuk and Marshy,” I said and she squealed and nodded her head. My phone buzzed and I walked over towards it and smiled.

“Who is it?” Dana asked and I looked at her.

“There’s a reason why I chose this hotel,” I said as I replied to the messages, sending our room number to the person who contacted me and then plopped on the bed, “All right, so, you can’t go to sleep just yet.”

“Someone coming now?!” she asked and I nodded my head, “Oh my god! Who?! How do I look?!” she panicked and I laughed and rolled my eyes.

“You look fine Dane,” I said and waited a few minutes before the knock that I was waiting for came. Dana squealed and looked up from her laptop, she was sitting cross legged on her bed. I walked over towards the door opened it and smiled at my friend, “Stammers.”

“Maggie!” he chuckled, wrapping his arms around me, picking me up and hugging me tight, “It’s so good to see you again.”

“We just saw each other a month ago, but ok,” I laughed and he put me down and I looked over towards Dana to see her wide eyed, “Steven, this is my cousin Dana, D, this is Steven Stamkos.”

“Wow,” Dana said and I laughed.

“Wait, is this the hockey player?” Steven asked and I smiled and nodded my head, “Wow, nice to meet you, Mags talks about you a lot,” he chuckled and Dana and Steven shook hands, “I hear you’re signing up for the draft this year- Good luck.”

“Thanks,” she breathed and I giggled at her facial expression.

“Does Nealer know that you’re here?” Steven asked me and I looked at him and nodded my head, “Surprised he didn’t want to come with you.”

“Oh he did- I wouldn’t let him, though I wouldn’t be surprised if he just popped out of nowhere,” I laughed and Steven just shook my head, “I told him I wanted to spend time with Dana, she likes the Bruins, I kind of like you-“

“Gee, thanks,” he said and I giggled.

“So I figured bring her to this game so I see lots a friends at once and make my cousin happy,” I said and Steven swung his arm around my shoulder and looked towards Dana.

“Give ya a little friendly advice for the drafts,” Stevens said and Dana nodded her head, “You’re gunna be nervous- Don’t try to hide it.”

“Really?” Dana asked and Steven nodded his head.

“It shows that you want it more if you show emotion,” he said and I smiled and nodded my head, wrapping my arms around his chest, “See you before the game tomorrow?”

“I’ll stop by, I’m sure Martin would want to see me,” I said, talking about his Captain.

“And the others,” Steven said and I nodded my head, “All right, I’ll let you guys get some sleep.”

“Thanks for stopping by,” I said and walked Steven out of the room and then turned around after closing the door, only to be attacked in a hug.

Dana squealed into my shoulder, “Best cousin ever!”