‹ Prequel: Chances Risked
Sequel: Life's Chances

The Three C's

Chapter Seventy Three

“My baby!!!” I heard and Maggie and I turned our heads to see Maggie’s parents and brother coming towards us, I smiled as I watched as Maggie ran over towards them and hugged them. I stood there and watched the bright smile on Maggie’s face as she hugged her mother, father and brother.

“Patrick! How are you son?!” Maggie’s father asked as he came over and shook my hand, “Finally popped the question I hear.”

“Yes sir,” I smiled brightly and he chuckled.

“Good to hear, I’m happy to see her taken care of,” he said and I blushed, but then my eyes widened as I felt arms engulf me in a hug.

“Oh it’s so good to see you, Patrick! How are you?!”

“Mom,” Maggie giggled, “Don’t suffocate him.”

“Oh! I’m sorry!” she said and I chuckled as she pulled away and grabbed my face, “He’s still breathing! It’s ok!”

“Come on, let’s go home,” Maggie giggled and I laced my fingers with hers and I watched as her and her mother linked arms on the other side.

“Oh yes! I want to see this house! You built it from scratch, correct?”

“Yup!” Maggie said proudly.

“Maggie designed it, and I paid for it,” I said and chuckled a little, groaning when she elbowed me.

“I helped pay!” she growled and I smirked.

We all got to Maggie’s Escalade and I drove, while her father sat in the front with me, as Maggie sat in the back with her mother and brother, talking to her mother about everything. The drive home was a little longer than I would have liked, accident traffic and then to add on top of that, snow was coming down like crazy. However, when we finally got to the house, I smiled at the Christmas lights hanging from the front porch, Maggie, Jon, Emma and I worked on those the other day. I could hear her parents enjoying the lights and the house.

“Oh, it’s beautiful, honey!” Maggie’s mom said as I parked the car and we all got out, I helped her father grab the bags.

“Wait until you see the inside, Mom!” Maggie giggled and I looked to see them already heading towards the front door.

“No, that’s ok, I’ll get the bags!” her dad muttered sarcastically and I chuckled.

“I’m guessing this is something I’ll have to get used to?” I asked and Mr. Marshal chuckled and nodded his head.

“Son,” he placed his hand on my shoulder, “There’s a lot you still need to learn about women! Hell I’m over sixty and I’m still learning! But one thing I know is that we’re part pack mule!”

I let out a laugh and nodded my head, “I’m starting to see it, when we go shopping I end up holding all of the bags.”

“Yup, that’s just the start!” he said and I chuckled and nodded my head.

-Maggie-
“Well, it’s beautiful, Maggie! You and Patrick did a wonderful job! I love the Christmas tree too!” mom said and Pat let out a laugh and I smiled towards him, “What?”

“We had a lot of fun putting the tree up,” I said and Pat smirked, pulled me closer to him and nodded his head.

“So, when-“ my dad started to ask a question, but was interrupted by Pat’s alarm going off, I sighed and looked at Pat, “What’s that?”

“It’s noon already?” I asked and Pat nodded his head, my parents had an early morning flight.

“What’s that mean?” Mom asked.

“Pat and I have to be at a photo shoot with some of the other guys at one,” I explained and they nodded their heads.

“If you guys want to come-“

“No, it’s all right, I actually think I’m going to take a nap, I’m so tired from the flight,” mom said and I nodded my head, “If you want to show me where our room is.”

“Of course, it’s actually downstairs,” I said as I stood and linked my arm with my mothers and walked towards the downstairs guest bedroom.

“Where are your dogs, Mags?” Nick asked and I looked at him.

“Enjoying the snow,” I said and nudged my head towards the window that looked out into our private fenced in backyard.

After I got my parents and brother situated into their rooms, Pat and I left, knowing we would be back in a few hours to head to the rink to get ready for our photo shoot. I know they also wanted to do some sort of holiday video too, they’ve done it in the past.

“Hey, you made it!” I heard and saw Saad.

“We’re right on time!” Pat chuckled as we walked into the locker room to see Sharp, Crawford, Bickle, Seabrook, Hossa, Keith, Leddy, Kruger, Shaw, and Jon.

“So what are we going to be doing?” I asked and just as Jon was about to answer, Coach walked into the room with a man and lady.

“All right, Marshall, Kane and Toews, follow Eric here! The rest, go with Vicky!” Coach said and then left the room and we all just looked at each other for answers.

“Come with me, please,” the woman said and the others left while Jon, Pat and I stayed in the locker room.

“So what’s going on?” I asked the man and he looked at me.

“We’re going to have the three of you dress in full gear and come to the visitor’s locker room,” he informed and then left.

“Well, ok,” Jon said and then sighed, sat at his locker and started to put his gear on. Pat and I each followed and then the three of us headed for the other locker room to see that it was set up like a studio.

“Ok, first we’re going to have single shots, and then group shots!” the guy said quickly and then grabbed Pat and pulled him away and Jon and just looked at each other.

“Right this way, Ms. Marshall!” a woman said and I followed her to a chair, she started to put makeup on me and I just let her do her thing, next working on my hair and then fixing up my gear, “All right, you’re all ready.

I stood in front of the camera and did different poses that the man wanted. After a few singles of myself, he worked on Jon and Pat, and then as soon as they were finished, we were called over for group. The man wanted Jon in the middle and Pat and I on either side of him, took a few pictures like that and then had me in the middle. Next he wanted us in just our sweaters, so we had to go back to the locker room, take off all of our gear and then put our jeans back on and then our sweaters and head over towards the other locker room again.

We took goofy ones, serious ones, more goofy ones. I was on Pat’s back and poking Jon, had the two of them in a headlock. Pat had his arm around my waist and an arm thrown around Jon’s shoulder.

“All right, Maggie go to make up,” the man said and I nodded my head.

The girl quickly curled my hair and fixed my make up before pushing me back in front of the camera and then threw a stick at me. I did a few poses with my stick and then they said it was finished. I sighed and then walked out of the room and threw my hair back into a pony tail and headed towards our locker room to change and meet up with the others.

“Where are they?” Pat asked and Jon looked at his phone.

“Media room,” Jon answered and we nodded our heads and headed for that room.

When we walked into the room, I stopped and just broke out laughing. All of the boys were in ugly sweaters and singing along to remixed holiday songs that they could use their last names in. It was hilarious and when the girl walked over and told Pat and Jon that they had to get in ugly sweaters too, I was laughing so hard I couldn’t breathe.

“Keep it up, Marshall! You’re next!” Shaw yelled and I just shook my head.

“Oh no, you’re not getting me in that fugly outfit!” I stated and then watched as Pat came out in this ugly Christmas sweater and long hat, I had to bite my tongue, but you could tell that I was struggling.

“Ok,” he sighed, “Let it out! I know you want to, Mags,” Pat said and just bit my lip, covered my mouth and shook my head. He smirked and just shook his head, “Just let it out,” a snort/ laugh sound came out and I covered my mouth again, “Maggie, I know-“ I just burst into laughter as I see Pat and he just shakes his head. Tears were coming down my face as I looked at him and then Jon.

“I can’t do this,” I laughed and then turned around to turn and catch my breath, my stomach was hurting my from not being able to breathe from laughing so hard, “So what song do you have?”

“I don’t know, but I have to say, Pat Kane will sign!” he said and I just shook my head.

“And what do you have to sing?” I asked Jon as he walked over.

“Nothing, I just have to smile and hold up my jersey,” he said and Pat scoffed.

“You smile?! It’s a Christmas miracle!” I said and the guys that were close by laughed and Jon scoffed and playfully shoved me.

“Love you too, Mags.”

“Awww, I know you do,” I giggled and wrapped my arms around Jon’s shoulders and then patted his cheek.