‹ Prequel: Chances Risked
Sequel: Life's Chances

The Three C's

Chapter Seventy Six

-Kane-
“Wake up! Wake up! Wake up!” I heard and felt jumping on the bed, “Wake up, Pat!”

“No,” I groaned, shoving my face into the pillow. I felt the blanket being pulled from me and cold air hit my bare skin, “Maggie,” I whined and tried to grab for the blanket.

“Come on Pat! Wake up!” I yelled happily and I sighed, clearly not going to win here, “Pattie!” I rolled onto my back and sat up, my eyes were sit closed and I was still sleepily, I heard her whine my name again and then felt her jump onto my lap. My eyes opened and I saw her smiling at me, “Merry Christmas, Pattie,” she said and I chuckled, feeling her hands move from my sides, up my chest, over my shoulders and then getting tangled in my hair as she pressed her lips against mine.

I leaned back and moved my hands from her sides to her thighs, flipping her over and squishing her body in-between mine and the mattress. Maggie let out a groan when I started to nip at her neck, I felt her hands move down my chest, and I was about to rip her long sleeve pajama shirt off, but there was a knock at the door and we both stopped and jumped out of bed.

Maggie answered it and I walked over towards the closet to grab a hoodie. It was her brother at the door, telling us that her parents were downstairs and breakfast was ready. I looked at the clock and saw that it was after eight in the morning. Jon, Emma and Troy were going to be over later this afternoon for lunch and to exchange gifts, I knew that Maggie was excited to show her nephew what she got him.

We walked downstairs and the smell of food hit my nose and I smirked, it smelled awesome. We walked into the kitchen and saw the spread that Maggie’s mother made and I looked at Maggie to see her smiling and giggling.

“Just like the old days, right Mags!” Nick said and Maggie nodded her head.

“Chocolate Chip pancakes, French toast, bacon, eggs, hashbrowns- Damn Momma, it looks so good!” Maggie said and I chuckled and looked at all of the food in front of me.

“It smells good too,” I added and her mother smiled towards me.

“Welcome to the Marshall Christmas breakfast, Patrick,” Maggie’s mom said and I nodded my head, feeling Maggie’s lace into mine, “Oh Nicky, I made some oatmeal for you, I know you’re not going to be able to eat any of this with your teeth out.”

Maggie laughed, “More for me!”

“Maggie! No fair!” Nick whined and I chuckled, “Why couldn’t we wait until tomorrow?”

“It would have probably been worse if you had.”

“It’s tradition that we eat in front of the TV and attempt to watch The Christmas Story,” Maggie’s father said and I snorted.

“I’ve seen that movie a thousand times,” I said and Maggie nodded her head.

“So have we, that’s why he said attempt,” she said and I chuckled, “Mostly though, it was Nicky and Mikey,” she got quiet for a moment, “It was them begging to open up gifts.”

I nodded my head, wrapped my arms around her shoulders and kissed her head, “Maybe we should make some new traditions.”

“Maybe,” she whispered against my chest.

“Hey, hey, hey! No smooching around the food!” Nick yelled when I pressed my lips against Maggie’s.

“Shut up, Nicky,” Maggie giggled and playfully shoved him.

-Maggie-
“All right, all right, everyone have a seat, let’s see what Santa brought us!” Mom said and I giggled as I sat in-between Pat’s legs and leaned against his chest.

“I remember when it used to be milk or juice in those cups, not coffee,” dad said as I took a sip of my coffee and I nodded my head.

“All right, first gift is for,” mom picked up a box and looked at the dad, “Papa bear!”

“That’s me!” dad said, pushing himself closer to the edge of the seat and rubbing his hands together in anticipation.

“This is from you, right?” Pat whispered in my ear and I nodded my head.

“Mom, that box that is the same size as this one, it’s Dad’s too, put them together,” I said and mom nodded her head and handed my father the two boxes.

“So many presents!” dad said excitedly and I giggled. He opened the first box and let out a laugh when he saw the new sweater, a home Chicago Blackhawks jersey with my name and number on the back, “Great,” he teased, “Another team to support!”

“Hey!” I laughed, knowing that he was joking.

“Dana sent me one too, so many sweaters,” he said and I smiled. Dad opened the next box and let out another laugh, picking up the away Chicago Blackhawks jersey, but this time, with Pat’s name and number on the back, “Well, I guess I have to cheer for my future son-in-law.”

I smiled brightly and felt Pat hug me tight, kissing the top of my head, “Less than a year,” Pat breathed into my ear and I giggled and nodded my head, leaning back against him and closing my eyes.

“Thank you Pat and Maggie.”

“Any time,” we said and giggled.

“All right, next is Nicky,” mom said and handed a box that looked like it was from her.

Presents were handed out, I got some clothes from my mother, a vintage Patriots sign from my father, a cheesy University of Pittsburgh picture frame with ‘Best Sister’ on it with a funny picture of Nick and I at one of his football games, I loved it. Pat got me, and I found this funny, my very own Psp, so I could stop stealing his on the plane or bus, it also game with all of the games that the guys played, a t-shirt that said ‘I don’t always scream at the television, but when I do the Patriots are on’, because apparently I’ve been known to scream at the television when the Patriots are on.

“Oh, here, there’s one more- Well, two more,” Pat said as he handed me two small boxes.

“Pat!” I giggled and then opened the boxes and found Patriots vs Bears tickets and two concert tickets to see Ed Sheeran. I freak out and jump him, hugging him tight and was squealing like a teenage girl.

“You can take Emma to the concert, but you and I are going to the football game,” Pat said and I smiled brightly and nodded my head, loving all of my presents from him.

“Now, it’s your turn,” I said and then handed Pat all of his presents.

-Kane-
“Merry Christmas man,” I said as Jon walked into the house holding Troy, “Hey buddy!”

“Merry Christmas,” Jon said and then I took his jacket and hung it in the closet by the door. Emma had already walked in and was drug away by Maggie, “I haven’t seen the house decorated, you guys did a good job,” he said and I chuckled and nodded my head.

“Thanks,” I said and then took Troy from Jon, “What did you get for Christmas, buddy?”

“Toys!” he yelled happily and I chuckled.

“Santa was good to you?” I asked and Jon chuckled and rolled his eyes.

“Too good,” he said and I laughed.

“JON!” Maggie yelled and we turned and I saw Maggie jump onto Jon and hug him tight, “She’s so cute!”

“Merry Christmas Mags,” Jon breathed out as Maggie hugged him tight.

“What’s so cute?” I asked confused.

“Jon got me a puppy for Christmas,” Emma said and I chuckled.

“Dawwww,” I teased and laughed when Jon’s face turned a little red.

“She’s a little cocker spaniel, and she’s so cute!” Emma said and I smiled brightly.

“What’d you name her?”

“Troy named her Lady, because she looks like the dog from Lady and the Tramp,” Jon said and Maggie giggled and then came over towards me and stole Troy.

“How’s my favorite nephew doing? Come on, let’s go see what Grandma’s baking,” she said and then left the room heading towards the kitchen.

“So was Santa good to you, Pat?” Emma asked, a smirk on her face and Jon and I chuckled.

“Mrs. Clause did really well,” I answered and Jon laughed while Emma rolled her eyes.

“One present I can’t have until her parents leave,” I said and Jon playfully shoved me.

“Thank about this, next Christmas, ya’ll will be married!” Emma said and I smiled and nodded my head.