‹ Prequel: Chances Risked
Sequel: Life's Chances

The Three C's

Chapter Eighty One

A month had gone by, I was all healed up from the broken ribs, participated in the 2015 All Star games, was happy to be on the same team as my cousin Dana, who was one of the rookies on the team, and everyone found it funny that I was going to be playing against Pat. I was sad that I wasn’t on the same team as him, the last two I was, I guess it was time for a change. My team lost this year, and Pat couldn’t help but shove it in my face that his team had won.

Valentines Day had passed, Pat and I didn’t really celebrate it well, we were on the road playing against Colorado. He did buy me some flowers and a cute card, Pat was so happy to hear that I’m not really into Valentine’s Day.

Our game had been ok, we had some ups and downs, being crushed one night against Los Angeles to shutting out Washington five to zero. Right now, in the middle of February, the team and I were getting ready for our annual Winter Blackhawks Ball. I was out shopping with Abby for a dress and listening to her give her two cent about tomorrow night’s ball, she and I both agreed, we weren’t happy about going.

“All we have to do is listen to a lot of friends of the owner talk and talk and talk to us,” I said and Abby nodded her head.

“And wives just need to stay by their husbands side and look like trophies,” Abby scoffed and I giggled.

“What does that make me?” I asked and she looked at me and smirked.

“A little bit of both I guess,” she smiled brightly, “An athlete and a trophy wife- Well, soon to be wife.”

I laughed, rolled my eyes and shook my head, “Great.”

“Just be on your toes for Mrs. Wirtz,” Abby reminded and I scoffed, remembering how the owner’s mother acted towards me the first time I met her.

“I don’t like that bitch.”

“No one like’s that bitch,” Abby said and then we both laughed.

Abby and I did our shopping, it took a while to find the dresses that we wanted, and then we met up with Emma and Troy, grabbed some food, I played with Troy at the table, drawing with him on the papers, and then at the end we all went our separate ways.

I walked into the house to see that Sharpie and Jon were sitting on the couch with Pat and they were in the middle of playing video games. I scoffed and shook my head, a smirk on my face, ‘…I just left their wife and girlfriend, thinking they’re gunna go home to their men, and here they’re men are at my place…’ I thought as I walked into the kitchen to find it to have empty beer cans and two pizza boxes, ‘…Really?...’

I grabbed my phone out of my purse, sent a text to Abby and Emma that their men were at my home and then walked into the living room, “I just left your women, why aren’t you guys home?” I teased and Pat paused the game and the three of them looked at me.

“Hey babe, find a dress?” Pat asked and I nodded my head.

“Kids went to friends’ house to play, so I come to play,” Sharpie said and I laughed and ruffled his hair.

“I got here right after you left,” Jon said and I smirked, rolled my eyes and then walked out of the room.

“Make sure you clean up the kitchen!” I yelled as I headed upstairs towards our bedroom.

I was sitting on the bed, more wedding stuff was spread across the bed, I was working on sending out invitations. There were a lot of people to invite to this Hawaiian beach wedding and five months until this wedding. I was maybe thirty names into the list, stuffing the cards, writing the name and addresses, stamping the envelope, when there was a knock on the door and it opened to reveal my maid of honor.

“Didn’t I just leave you?” I laughed and Emma smiled and nodded her head, “Where’s Troy?”

“With the boys,” she said and saw my mess on the bed, “Want help?”

“Please,” I begged and she giggled and nodded her head, picking up some of the list and just copying what I was doing.

We were about an hour into doing the RSVPs, Abby decided to come over and help us, bringing a bottle of wine with her. I had probably about fifty more to do before everyone from the invite list had a letter.

“Hey Mags,” Emma called and I looked at her, she was looking at the list, “I know you have a lot of question marks by his name but,” she sighed, “Do you really want to invite Kris?”

Abby shot her head and looked at us, I sighed and looked down and then back up, “Pat and I had this conversation already and he even said that we should invite him, but,” I sighed and shrugged my shoulders, “But I still don’t know how I feel about it.”

“Wouldn’t it be awkward?” Abby asked.

“I don’t know, I mean when he comes to town, or I go to Pittsburgh, we hug and say hi and it’s not awkward,” I said and they looked at me, “I don’t know.”

“I’d make it, but have one more conversation with Pat,” Abby said and I nodded my head.

By the end of the night, not only were all of the invitations done, only taking almost four hours, but so were three bottles of wine. There were three drunk girls upstairs with her men downstairs, we started talking about random things, but then it turned into talking about sleepovers when we were kids, pillow fights at the sleepovers, but then it turned into a pillow fight in my room. After the pillow fight, breaking two of the three feather pillows, it looked like it snowed a little in the bedroom, I rushed over towards my ihome, turned my music on and we were dancing.

The wobble came on, and we all know that I love that song; the three of us were doing the dance in the big bedroom, now covered in feathers. We were laughing and apparently making a lot of noise that it caused the guys to investigate.

-Kane-
Jon, Pat and I were downstairs playing videogames, Troy passed out on the love seat on the other side of the room, when the three of us heard music blasting from upstairs.

“What are the girls up to?” Sharpie asked and I paused the game and shrugged my shoulders.

“They’ve been up there a while,” Jon said and I nodded my head.

“Let’s go take a look,” I said and the three of us headed upstairs. Sharpie, Jon and I stood in the doorway and looked at the three girls that jumped when they saw us and then looked incredibly guilty for some reason.

“Whatchya doing?” Sharpie asked and Abby, Emma and Maggie giggled like teenage girls.

“Nothing,” they laughed and the guys and I smirked.

“Are you guys drunk?” I asked, laughing at how Maggie was leaning against Abby for support and then saw Jon step into the room and pick up three bottles of wine.

“I’d say,” he said, walking over and I chuckled and looked at the empty bottles of wine.

“Pssh, no, we’re like totally fine,” Maggie said taking a step forward, and then wobbled back and forth.

“What did you guys have a pillow fight in here?” Sharpie asked and I saw all the feathers on the floor, the girls just laughed.

“It was awesome!” Abby cheered and I chuckled.

“And why weren’t we invited?” Jon asked.

“But you are invited!” Maggie said and then grabbed an envelope from the bed and handed it to Jon, “See!”

“But this isn’t for a pillow fight!” Sharpie whined and Abby giggled and walked over towards her husband.

“We can have a pillow fight of our own,” she said and Jon and I whined.

“Come on, Abs! Not here!” Jon said and Maggie laughed.

“Come on Pattie,” Maggie said as she walked over towards me and wrapped her arms around my neck.

“Ok, think it’s time to go,” Sharpie said, picking up his wife and smiling brightly.

“Yes, yes, have a wonderful night!” Maggie said and I chuckled, the only way she was staying up is if she leaned against me.

“Come on, Emma,” Jon chuckled and wrapped his arm around Emma’s waist, “See ya, Kaner.”

I sat Maggie on the bed and then cleaned off all of the letters, seeing how she managed to get all of the invitations finished, I just needed to remember to mail them. I heard the front door close and looked out the window to see four cars in the driveway, I knew that Sharpie and Jon wouldn’t let Emma and Abby drive home, so I was going to have two cars in my driveway. I watched them drive off and then felt Maggie lean against my back.

“Come on Pattie,” Maggie groaned and I chuckled and turned around to see her looking up at me.

“You’re definitely something else when you’re tipsy,” I chuckled and Maggie smiled brightly and then pressed her lips against mine.

I grabbed her hips and pushed her back onto the bed, climbing on top of her, managing to not break the kiss and then moving my hands to her shirt. I got her clothes off and then tossed mine to the side, pulling her further up the bed, sending kisses all over her body. Maggie arched her back as I kissed her stomach, nipping her sides and then working my way day. I felt a sense of pride hearing her groan my name, it didn’t take long for me to get as turned on as she was.