‹ Prequel: Chances Risked
Sequel: Life's Chances

The Three C's

Chapter Eighty Two

The boys and I had just won our home game against the Rangers, the final score being five to two, everyone was feeling really good, we had tomorrow off and only practice the day after, so everyone wanted to go out and have a good time. There was a new night club that had opened and everyone wanted to go and check it out.

I’ve learned to always keep a spar party dress or outfit on me, because being on a team with these boys, we were most likely going to party after a game. Emma’s parents were in town to visit their grandson and were more than willing to watch him while Emma came out with us.

I didn’t want to wear the dress that I wore to the game to the night club and I could change in the locker room and wear my outfit out, because it wasn’t professional enough. So, Pat was making fun of me as I changed in the car as he drove to the club. I changed in the backseat of his Hummer, changing into dash wash skinny jeans, which was hard to do in a moving vehicle, I had my high heel black ankle boots and then changed into a strapless silver sequenced top, throwing my black leather jacket over and then climbing to the front seat when he stopped at a light.

“You good?” Pat asked and I giggled and nodded my head, “You look hot,” he smirked and I shivered when I felt his hand rest on my thigh and then tease me by rubbing in-between my thighs.

“Stop,” I giggled and grabbed his arm, “Or we won’t make it to the club.”

“We can do a little quickie here-“

“Patrick!” I laughed and he smiled brightly at me.

We got to the club, went through valley parking and walked inside the club. Some of the guys were already there, waiting for us just inside the door.

“Leave with one outfit, come in with another,” Corey teased and I giggled and playfully shoved him.

“She was falling all over the backseat trying to put her jeans on,” Pat said and I giggled and shook my head.

“Sorry if I wanted to look nice,” I said and Pat smirked, placed his hands on my hips and kissed my cheek.

“You always look good,” he breathed into my ear and then kissed my shoulder.

When the team was here, we made our way up to a VIP area, I hung my jacket on the coat rack and then walked over towards the balcony, looking down at the full dance floor below us.

“Looks like fun,” Abby said as she and Emma appeared on each of my sides.

“Definitely,” I smiled brightly and then took their hands and headed down.

-Kane-
We were all having a good night, dancing, drinking, laughing, just enjoying ourselves. Maggie had snuck off with Emma and Abby in the beginning to go and dance with them, but they came back for drinks and then drug Jon, Sharpie and I with them. Maggie did pretty well at batting those crazy fan girls away from us, and I did pretty well at keeping the guys away from her.

By the end of the night, the bar called for last call, we all rushed over and got as many drinks as we could and drank them, I knew that Maggie didn’t want to get drunk, so she was going to be the designated driver tonight. When the club finally announced that they were closing soon, the bar was closed, we all decided to leave. On the way out, we were goofing around, Saad and Shaw were jumping around and knocked themselves into me, and I nudged into Maggie a little. She bumped into someone and it went all downhill from there.

The man that Maggie had bumped into was a guy a little older than myself, but less than thirty and he was a real piece of work. Apparently when Maggie bumped into him, she accidently spilled his drink, and she felt bad and wanted to replace it, but he wouldn’t let her.

“I’m so sorry, I didn’t mean to bump into you, let me get you another drink,” she said, trying to be nice, I stood behind her eyeing at the guy that stood next to the older man, looking at Maggie.

“Don’t even bother! You couldn’t afford it anyways!” he spat and I saw that Maggie was a little taken back, hell, I was taken back.

“Excuse me,” she growled.

“Oh no,” I muttered, she was pissed, “Mags-“

She held up her hand to stop me and then looked at the man, “What were you drinking?”

“Top shelf whiskey, sweetheart,” the man said and held out his hand and shoo’d Maggie away, “Now go away, your bugging me.”

“No, I’m trying to be nice and replace the drink I spilled,” Maggie said and some of the guys came over, they had left but came back in to see what was the hold up.

“What’s going on?” Jon asked.

“This guys being an ass to Maggie,” Saad said and I nodded my head.

“She won’t let me get involved,” I said and Jon sighed.

“Do you know who I am?!” the guy told Maggie I threw back my head and groaned.

“No, and I don’t really care, I’m trying to be a decent person and atone for my mistake of spilling your drink,” she growled and then looked at the bartender nearby, “Get him his drink.”

“It’s not in your price range,” the guy said and Maggie laughed a little.

“You don’t know that,” she said and I sighed.

“Mags, let me handle this,” I said and Maggie shook her head.

“I’ve got it.”

“No, run along and let the men handle the business,” the man said and I sighed, I was grabbing my wallet to help this guy, but as soon as he said that, I just put it away and shook my head, hearing my teammates sigh, we knew what was coming.

“I’m sorry, what was that?” Maggie said, laughing a little.

“You heard me, piece of meat like yourself, that’s all you’re around for,” he said and I got angry at that.

“Listen sir, you-“ I started, but didn’t get really far.

“You’ve got a lot of nerve at thinking that I’m just some piece of meat,” Maggie growled.

“Look how you’re dressed.”

“Look where you are,” Maggie growled back quickly, “A night club, how the hell do you think people are going to dress?” the bartender placed the drink on the counter, Maggie didn’t ask how much it was, the bar tender didn’t tell, she slammed her credit card down and told the bartender to charge it, “Now, you’re going to take this drink, enjoy it, and then carry on with your night like the jackass that you are, and who knows, maybe you’ll find some girl who’s stupid enough to go home with your worthless ass.”

“Actually, I’m worth a lot,” the guy said and I scoffed, I had a good comeback, but I figured if I said it out loud, this situation would just get worse.

“Dude, she’s trying to buy you your drink, what the fuck is your problem?!” Shaw asked and Jon placed his hand on Shaw’s shoulder to quiet him.

Sharpie and Jon stepped in front of us, “Is there a problem here?”

“No,” Maggie growled and held the drink in her hand, “Here.”

“The problem is, this meat is thinks that she can do a man’s job. You’re supposed to lay on you back and do what we say,” he said and I heard Maggie sigh out of frustration.

“You obviously don’t know who she is, dude!” Saad said angrily, “So shut your fuckin’ mouth!”

“I don’t care who this meat is!” the man said and I was getting pissed.

“Call her a piece of meat one more time, I dare you!” I growled and the guy looked at me.

“Meat,” he mocked and I tensed, wanting to go at him, but my teammates placed their hands on my shoulder.

“Look, I don’t care who you are, so take your fuckin’ drink and have a good night- I’m trying to be civil here,” Maggie said.

“If you really want to be civil meat, that you can do what you were made for and take those pretty plump lips and stick them right on my dick,” he said and I flipped. I don’t know how many guys held me back when I wanted to punch him in the face; all I was seeing was red.

-Maggie-
With that comment, I was done, the drink in my hand, I wasn’t going to waste it by leaving it for him, knowing he wasn’t going to drink it, or even throwing it at him. If this is top shelf whiskey, then I wasn’t going to waste a top, I just tipped that glass back against my lips and downed the whole thing, slamming the glass on the counter next to that asshole.

“You call that top shelf,” I scoffed, “Weak,” I turned to the bartender, signed the bill, apparently that one glass cost me over a hundred dollars, I scoffed and then turned back around, “Have a good life asshole.”

“What happened to being civil?” the man barked and grabbed my arm really hard.

“Let go!” I yelled and then my eyes widened when my teammates released Pat and he punched the guy right in the face and send him flying into the guy’s body guard, who was useless. Security was shoving their way through wanting to end the situation; they should have come a while ago.

“You ever touch her again, I’ll fuckin’ kill you!” Pat yelled and I grabbed his hand, he was shaking out of angry.

The guy got up and tried to come at me, but Pat pushed himself in front of me and security guards held the man back, he pointed at us, “You have no idea who you’re messing with you fuckin’ bitch!”

I wasted no time yelling back to his comment, “NO! You have no idea who you’re messing with, BITCH!”