‹ Prequel: Chances Risked
Sequel: Life's Chances

The Three C's

Chapter Eighty Three

“Maggie, Maggie- Shit, Pat! Come on, both of you need to calm down,” Jon said as we stood in the parking lot of the night club.

I was pacing back and forth and from the smash I just heard, I’m think that Pat broke one of his windows, or at least ‘a’ window. I looked up and side, it was one of the back windows of his Hummer.

“Maggie,” I felt arms around me, I looked up and saw Emma and Abby hugging me, “You showed really go restraint. I don’t know if I would have,” Abby said and I just sighed, they guys were trying to calm down Pat.

“That douchebag has some fuckin’ nerve talking to her like that! I’ll fuckin kick his ass!” Pat yelled and I watched as Jon, Sharpie and Corey all try to calm him down.

“Are you good to drive, Mags?” Jon asked and I nodded my head, “But you just downed whiskey.”

“How the hell did you do that?” Shaw asked, “Wasn’t that top shelf? Strong shit?”

“Where am I from, sugar?” I said and looked at Shaw, “Mikey, Emma and I were drinking moonshine at fifteen, that shit wasn’t strong at all.”

“The stars at night, are big and bright, deep in the heart of Texas,” Emma quietly sung and I gave her a small smile.

“Let’s get out of here before we attract some unwanted attention,” Sharpie said and we all nodded our heads, got in our cars and left.

I drove home, Pat quiet in the passenger’s seat. I knew Jon wanted to come over to make sure his friend and teammate was all right, but I insisted that I would handle this, so Jon just told me if I needed him, call.

Pat and I got home, I saw that his hand was a little cut up from where he punched in the window. I pulled him into the kitchen, sat him on one of the chair, went underneath the sink to grab the giant first aid kit and brought it over towards the table.

“Can I see you hand?” I asked softly and Pat handed it over, I sighed and then started with cleaning the cut, placing some ointment on it and then bandaging it up. I kissed his bandaged hand and then looked up at him, “Pat,” I managed to get him to look at me, “Talk to me, please.”

“I just,” he sighed and then ran his hands through his hair.

“Pat,” I breathed and placed my hands on his knees.

“I’ve never been that angry before, Maggie- Never!” he said and I just looked at him, “When I said I would kill him again if he touched you, I- I actually felt like I would fuckin’ kill him.”

“Pa-“

“The things he said to you- When he fuckin’ grabbed you!” Pat growled, his good hand clenched until his knuckles were white.

“Baby,” I said, getting up, sitting on his lap and wrapping my arms around his neck, “Come on, let’s go to bed.”

“I’m not tired,” Pat said and I sighed and ran my fingers through his hair.

“Then just come lay in bed with me,” I said and then kissed his neck, he was still shaking, I was just trying to calm him down, “Please.”

“I think I’m just gunna surf the internet to find out who that fucker was,” Pat said and pushed me off of his lap and stood up.

“No, Pat, come on! Baby, just let it go, forget about that ass,” I said as I took Pat’s hand and looked at him sadly, “Just come to bed with me.”

“Maggie-“

“I know it’s asking a lot, but please, don’t look for this guy,” I said and Pat sighed, “Promise me.”

“Fine,” he said and I took a step forward and wrapped my arms around his chest.

“Come to bed?” I asked and he nodded his head and we walked up the stairs and to the bedroom.

We both changed out of our clothes, Pat’s dress shirt had blood on it from when he punched the window, so he was going to just throw the shirt out. I changed into my pajamas and then watched as Pat climbed into bed in his boxers. I turned out the lights and then climbed into bed next to him, he wrapped his arms around me and I wrapped mine around his chest, we were both lying on our sides. Pat kissed my forehead and then I felt his chin on top of my head.

“I love you, Maggie,” Pat breathed and I looked up at him and then pressed my lips against his.

“I love you too, Pat.”

When morning came, I awoke to an empty bed, I felt Pat’s side and it was cold, telling me that he had been up for a while. I sighed and then climbed out of bed, looking at the clock to see that it was after nine in the morning. I left the room, went downstairs and then went into the kitchen to see Pat sitting at the counter, his laptop in front of him and he looked intent on what he was doing.

‘…Oh Pattie…’ I thought as I walked over towards him, he looked up at me and immediately shut his laptop. I sighed and just walked over towards the fridge, opening it and grabbing creamer for the coffee I was about to make, “How long have you been up?” I asked when I saw a half a pot of coffee in the maker.

“Couple hours,” he said and then sighed, “Couldn’t sleep.”

“Did you get any?” I asked and he shook his head, “Pattie,” I said and he looked at me, “What did you find?”

“Mags-“

“I know you’re looking for him, I’m not stupid and I’d like to think I know you pretty well, Patrick,” I said and Pat sighed.

“I think I found him,” Pat said and I walked over towards him, “He looks familiar, but I was a little drunk and on blind rage that I can’t remember too well,” I walked over towards the laptop, there was a blown up picture on the screen, it was him, it was the guy from last night, “Well?” I debated on whether or not to tell him, “It’s him, isn’t it?”

“Who is he?” I asked and Pat sighed.

“A Senators son,” he answered and I sighed.

“Fuckin’ politics,” I said and Pat chuckled, “Great.”

“Are you worried?” he asked and I shook my head.

“Highly doubt he knows who we are, we’ll never see his pansy ass again, Pat- I wouldn’t worry about him,” I said and Pat nodded his head, “And I don’t plan on going back to that club either.”

“Same.”

-Kane-
At practice, two days after the club issue, I told the guys who the guy was; they were just as surprised as Maggie and I to learn that he was a Senators son. The only reason I found him was because he was recently in the news for getting in trouble at another bar. And like Maggie, Jon also said that he highly doubted that we’d see that guy ever again. Not five minutes later, Coach had to prove us wrong.

Coach walked into the locker room with an angry expression and a newspaper, “I just want you to know that the PR department is have a field day with this bullshit!” he growled as we all sat and looked at him in the middle of the room, “Someone wanna tell me what the hell happened on your night on the town?!”

“Coach-“

“Someone who isn’t Kane!” Coach spat when I tried to speak up, “NO?” he yelled, “Well you made the fuckin’ news!”

Coach threw the newspaper onto the table, Maggie stood up and grabbed it, opening it up and the expression on her face was anger, “That’s fuckin’ bullshit!” she yelled, “That’s not what happened!”
“What?” Jon said as he stood up and walked over, earning the attention of a few others who were there that night. They all read the article, I couldn’t make myself go over and read it, I didn’t want to know what it said, “Coach, I swear, that’s not how it happened- I was there, he attacked Maggie!”

“So Kane didn’t threaten to kill a man?” Coach said and I sighed.

“Well-“

“Well? Well what?” Coach said and I stood up.

“I did threaten him! After he grabbed Maggie!” I snapped and Maggie walked over and shook her head.

“I bumped into the guy and spilled his drink, I offered to buy him a new one, but he was going on and on about how I’m just a fuckin’ piece of meat and let the men handle this-“

“There were words that shouldn’t be repeated what that asshole said, Coach,” Jon said and Coach looked at him, “Yeah, Kaner shouldn’t have threatened and punched him, but that fuckin’ son of a bitch deserved it.”

“I’m not apologizing! If that’s what he’s looking for, it’s not happening!” I said quickly when Coach sent me a look.

“You won’t have to,” Coach said Maggie sighed, “Not by statement at least.”

“What do you mean?” Sharpie asked, we were all confused.

“The kid knows who you are, knows who he’s messed with. Apparently he’s told Wirtz that he will come here and personally handle this situation faced to face-“

“Coach, if you put me in the same room as that fucker, I can’t promise I’ll be civil,” Maggie said and she gave him a hard look, “I can’t look at him without wanting to rip his face off. You weren’t there to hear his comments, so just trust me when I say- I won’t be there.”

“I’ll kill him,” Pat said and Coach sighed.

“I’m with Mags and Kaner on this, Coach,” Saad said and Shaw, Sharpie, Corey, the whole team that was there were nodding their heads.

“Coach, he didn’t even know who we were,” Jon said, “He treated Maggie like trash and I don’t think I’ll be able to hold myself back if he makes another comment like what he made that night.”

“Well, then I hate to be the bearer of bad news then,” we looked up to see the owner, Wirtz, walk into the locker room, “But he’s here, right now. And there’s no way out of this because there’s a picture of Kane punching the gentlemen in the face, on the front page of the sports section.”