‹ Prequel: Chances Risked
Sequel: Life's Chances

The Three C's

Chapter Eighty Four

“You’ve got to be joking?!” Jon asked and Wirtz shook his head and stood next to Coach.

“His name is Grant Brunley and he is the Senator’s son, from what I looked up a real asshole, but, someone that can cause me- Cause us a lot of trouble,” Wirtz said, “So! I suggest you all get your sucking up panties on, but you’ll be doing it around this shithead.”

“Maggie’s not going anywhere near him,” I said and Coach looking at me.

“I don’t think you have any room to talk, Kane-“

“No, Wirtz,” Jon said, “She doesn’t go near him, we’ll deal with this.”

“You weren’t there that night,” Sharpie said, “The way he acted- We don’t want her in the room.”

“Can you control you cool, Kane?” Wirtz asked and I looked at him.

“I’ll try,” I said and he nodded his head and then looked at Maggie.

“Go wait in Coach’s office,” he said and Maggie stood up, nodded her head and then headed for the door, “Not that way, he’s out there.”

“Fuckin’ kidding me, the prick’s already here,” Corey said and Maggie sighed and decided to go the long way, through Doc’s office, out into the other hall and two doors down.

-Maggie-
I knew that I was supposed to wait in Coach’s office, but I couldn’t pass up the chance to hear what this prick had to say without actually seeing him, or him seeing me. I stayed in Doc’s office and sat on the ground leaning against the wall.

“You know you shouldn’t listen to this,” I heard and looked to my side to see Doc sitting at his desk, “It’ll only get you fired up again.”

“I need to know what he’ll say, I know the guys will just sugar coat it for me,” I said and Doc sighed.

“Not my place to tell you to leave,” he said and then just went back to doing whatever he was doing.

“What do you want?” I heard Shaw ask, I was just guessing that the guy was in there.

“We’re missing someone,” the guy said and I scoffed.

“No,” Jon started, “We’re all here,” he said and I sighed, turned around and inched my head up, looking through the window to see the guy in the middle of the room, “What do you want?”

“An apology.”

“Not getting one,” Pat growled as he stood up, Sharpie put his hand on Pat’s shoulder to keep him back from doing anything, “If anything, you owe Maggie an apology!”

“Well where is she?” he asked, a smirk on his face.

“You won’t be seeing her, you won’t be going anywhere near her,” Sharpie said.

“Protecting her?” the guy asked and I scoffed.

“More like protecting you, dude,” Saad said and I smirked, “She’ll tear you apart- We weren’t joking when we said that you didn’t know who you were messing with.”

“And you obviously don’t know who you’re messing with-“

“A politics son- Big fuckin’ whoop!” Corey said and I snorted.

“I have the power to twist the words of people, obviously you saw that this morning in the newspaper,” he said and I bit my lip.

“You’re a fuckin’ liar, we did nothing to you!”

“How did I get this bruise on my face?”

“You deserve that bruise and ten more just like it,” I heard Pat growl and I smirked, “You insulted Maggie and really pissed me off.”

“Why are you so protective over this meat-“

“Stop calling her that!” Sharpie growled.

“I see what’s going on here,” the guy laughed, “You take the meat home and try her out, that’s why she’s here- She’s your little fuck buddy-“

“She’s our teammate and friend and you’re pissing off the wrong people,” Corey said, standing up and glaring the guy, “You’re power if fuckin’ bullshit.”

“I have enough power to make your deaths look like accidents!” the guy growled and I scoffed, stood up and went for the door, but Doc jumped up and stopped me from going outside, he didn’t make it.

“No,” I said and everyone looked at me.

“Maggie,” Pat breathed.

“You’ll get your daddy to hire someone to do that job for you,” I growled, “The thing about politics is, you never like to actually get your hands dirty- Where you see the thing about hockey players,” I walked over towards him, “We’re not afraid to kick your ass ourselves.”

“I’d like to see you try and kick my ass, meat,” the guy said and I growled, knowing my teammates were on their feet waiting to stop me do something I’m going to regret.

“Do you now?” I said and then took a step back, “I can promise it won’t be fun,” I smirked, “For you.”

“I can guarantee that you won’t hurt me,” the guy laughed, “A tiny piece of meat like yourself has no-“

I grabbed his hand, twisted it behind his back, kicked the back of his legs in and watched him fall to his knees. I pinned the guy to the ground, “Now, what were you saying about this tiny piece of meat?” I growled and saw some of my teammates smirking, “Because I’m pretty sure, I just kicked your ass.”

“This isn’t over,” he growled and I sighed, grabbed him by the back of his shirt, picked him up and threw him towards the door.

“Yes it is,” I said and Jon opened the door for him, “Don’t come back here.”

The guys pushed him out of the locker room and Shaw slammed the door shut, a bright smile on his face and then Pat walked over towards me, “You were listening, weren’t you?”

“You think I was going to run away? That arrogant piece of shit!” I barked and the guys laughed.

“What’d he mean when he said this wasn’t over?” Saad asked and I scoffed.

“He’s a dumb bastard, he didn’t mean anything by it,” I said and then walked over towards my locker and sat down.

“What the hell happened?!” Wirtz said as he charged into the locker room, “He left bleeding and roughed up!”

“He wasn’t bleeding when he left here!” Corey yelled and I looked at the owner.

“We barely touched him,” Shaw said and I scoffed.

‘…This prick is trying to make us look like the bad guys!...’ I thought and then looked at Pat, he just nodded his head towards me, knowing what I was thinking, ‘…What is this kid up to?...’

“Well he’s saying that the team tried to kill him! Saying that you could do it and make it look like an accident!” Coach said and I sighed and shook my head.

“He’s the one who fuckin’ said that!”

“And where were you during all of this?” Wirtz said and I looked at him to see him looking at me.

“I’m the one who roughed him up,” I said and saw the fire in the owner’s eyes, he was angry.

“You have no idea what you’ve started when you put a hand on that guy!” he said and I stood up and looked at him.

“He’s the one who started this shit, and no offense, but our job is to win games and get you money, you deal with all the PR bullshit,” I growled, knowing that I was so going to regret that comment, “I don’t know what this kid is trying to pull, but we’re not the ones to blame about this.”

“Well, since it is my job to deal with the PR bullshit,” he said and I just bit my tongue, “There’s a meeting later on to discuss what will happen about this.”

“What will happen?” Jon asked and Wirtz looked at him, I felt a little better knowing that the attention wasn’t on me anymore, words were just pouring out of my mouth.

“I’m not sure yet, I don’t know if he’s pressing charges on Kane for the pouch last night, on Marshall for today- I don’t know, everything will be discussed today,” he said and then sent me a look, “One way or another, you and Kane will be apologizing to this boy, Marshall.”

“Are you kidding me?!” Pat growled and I just sighed and looked down.

“No, I’m not, at this meeting too!” Wirtz said and then left the room and I just sighed, leaned back against my locker and shook my head.

“This is so fucked up,” I breathed and then just shook my head, ‘…What is this guy up to? I wish I knew...’