‹ Prequel: Chances Risked
Sequel: Life's Chances

The Three C's

Chapter Eighty Nine

Three weeks had gone by, we were all out of the hospital, home and even starting practicing again. No one thinks that we’ll be able to play a game in a week or two, but we were all going for a week. The NHL had passed word along that we were all awake and reporters were in doing interviews, we were all basically saying the same thing, we were ready to get passed this and start playing again.

In celebration for us being awake and on our feet the NHL was having a big event were all of the teams were coming to Chicago for this dinner. When Coach told us that, I asked him where the hell he was going to fit thirty teams under one roof in Chicago; that was almost a thousand people, he wasted no time saying, here.

The United Center was going to host all of the teams for this dinner. The ice would be covered, boards taken down, some seats pushed back and then allow the space to be bigger for this dinner, and of course, it would be in one day, well we’ve known about it for a week, but the event was tomorrow. I had my dress and was already getting texts from friends from other teams that they were excited to see me and happy that I was doing better.

Since the guys and I had today off, Pat and I were doing something constructive, we were working on wedding things. We had a place, Hawaii; we had a date, July 29th; we had a theme, beach; we had a color, coral; our RSVPs were mailed and our mark the wedding were ready to be sent out in a month. It was the second week of March, we had four months until the big day.

The dress was looked at, but I still hadn’t found the right one yet. Abby, Emma and I were going to try going to New York to find one. My maids and maids of honor and Pat’s best man, Jon and his grooms were ready to help with anything and everything. Our bachelor and bachelorette parties would be after the season was over and we were letting our maid of honor and best man plan them.

Right now I was lying on the bed, my laptop with my, headphones in my ears and I was trying to figure out what our song could be for the wedding. We needed our first dance and then I was looking for the song my dad and I would dance to. Pat came in with the dogs behind him and climbed onto the bed.

“What are you doing?”

“Finding our wedding song,” I said and Pat smirked.

“What have you come up with so far?” he asked and I looked at him and giggled.

“A few, but I wanted to see what you thought so far,” I said and he nodded his head.

“Nothing country!” he said and I giggled and looked at him to see he was giving me a look.

“Wait, you’re serious?” I asked and he nodded his head, “What? Pat!”

“Come on, Mags, they’re corny.”

“Well, you’re corny!” I said and he chuckled.

“No, I’m horny, there’s a difference,” he said and I sighed, “All right, what do you have?”

“Well, I had Leann Rimes, how do I live without you,” I said and he just shook his head, I groaned and moved onto the next song, a smirk on my face as I hit play and played 98 Degrees, I do.

“We are not having a boy band song!” he said and I laughed, “I’ll get laughed at forever!”

“Ok, what about this,” I said and played Christina Perri, A thousand years.

“No, that’s that Twilight shit,” he said and I giggled and rolled my eyes, “No Taylor Swift.”

“God no,” I said and he smirked.

“At least we agree on that,” he said and I nodded my head, “What else?”

“Well,” I looked at him and smirked, “I always loved this song,” I said and hit play, playing N’Sync, This I promise you.

“No boy bands!” he said and I laughed, “Can you seriously picture yourself dancing- Our first dance, to that?!”

“Well,” I giggled and he sighed and shook his head, “All right, all right, no boy bands!”

“Thank you!” he said and then smirked and shook his head, “Seriously woman.”

“What?” I laughed and he leaned over, wrapped his arm around my waist and pressed his lips against mine.

“You’re lucky I love you,” he said and I scoffed and rolled my eyes, “What else do you have?”

“This,” I said and then hit play, hearing all different songs, all of them Pat didn’t like, “Ok, what would you like?”

Pat looked at me and smiled, “I want a song that’s about you,” he said and I looked at him confused, “A song that’s about how you made me a better person,” I smiled towards him and watched him look down, playing with my fingers, “It’s true though, Mags, before I met you, I wasn’t a good person, I was a manwhore, and then I met you and was sworn to one woman only.”

“That woman better be me,” I giggled and Pat smiled, leaned up and pressed his lips against mine and then kissed my head.

“Damn right it better be,” he said and I smiled, “Can you think of a song like that?”

“Maybe,” I said and then sighed and leaned against the headboard, “But I also had a song in mind.”

“Yeah, like what?”

“Well, I’d like a find a song that will sort of tell both of our stories, not just ours,” I said and he looked up at me, “Pat, I left Pittsburgh to be with you, I’d like something that will represent the fact that wherever you go, I go,” I said and Pat smiled brightly, closed my laptop and placed it on the floor, coming back up and pressing his lips against mine. Pat laid me back on the bed and climbed on top of me, I laughed as he smiled down at me, he leaned down and then kissed me again. I wrapped my arms around his neck and then held him close to me.

-Kane-
Maggie and I didn’t come up with a song that night, we became a little distracted. The next morning we woke up, I made breakfast and then enjoyed my time with Maggie before Emma, Abby and some of the other wives that were coming in from out of town, took her away to get pampered for the day.

It was ten in the morning when the doorbell rang and the first of the lot came inside. They were Penguins’ wives, Maggie was happy to see them and give them a tour of our home, next were the Staal wives, her cousin came with them and then Emma and Abby showed up. They all met in the kitchen I walked in and found a lot of women, they all looked at me.

“I feel really over powered right now,” I said and they all laughed, “There’s too many woman,” I looked down at Jazz by my side, “Us men have to stick together now.”

“Oh hush,” Maggie said and I smirked, walked over towards her and kissed her cheek.

“Have fun, see you tonight,” I said and she nodded her head and the girls gushed.

“So cute,” one said and I rolled my eyes and smirked.

Soon the house was emptied and I was left alone with the dogs. Lucikly that was going to last a long time. Jon came over with Troy, Sharpie came over with his two daughters and then Seguin, Benn, Neal and Del Zotto and a few other friends came over. The girls were going to get pampered at the spa, we were going to be pampered in front of our video games and then get ready ten minutes before we were supposed to, typical guys.

-Maggie-
I spent the day with the girls, there were sixteen of us that went to the spa and then lunch. We talked all day about all different things, mostly the wedding and the attack. Everyone received their RSVPs and we all coming, they were apparently already mailed back to me, I just didn’t get them yet.

After lunch we all headed our separate ways, the girls were heading back to their hotels, expect for Emma and Abby, they were coming home with me and we were getting ready together. All three of our dresses were hanging in my closet and I knew that Sharpie and Jon would be at the house with the kids.

“Oh, I hope the girls’ dresses are still clean,” Abby said and I giggled, “Knowing Pat, he probably wasn’t watching them and they got into something.”

“Probably,” I said and then we laughed as we pulled into my driveway, walked to the house, through the door and found it to me invaded with guys, “Now I know how Pat felt this morning.”

“Yup,” Emma said as I saw all of the guys in the living room playing video games on one TV and watching a game on the other, “Where’d the other TV come from?”

“Kitchen,” I said and then sighed, “Where’s Troy and the girls?”

“Good question,” Abby said and then we started to walk around the house until we found them in the room with the guys. Troy was sitting on Jon’s lap wearing a Bears hat and Madelyn and Saddie were terrorizing Neal and Seguin with hair pieces, they had bows in their hair and paper stuck to their chest, arms, back and legs, there were drawings on them, “Well, that’s a sight.”

“Yup,” Emma said and I giggled.

“So what’s going on here?” I asked, flipping the light switch on and all of the guys turned around looking like they were caught with their hands in the cookie jar, especially Neal and Seguin.

“MAGGIE!!!”