‹ Prequel: Chances Risked
Sequel: Life's Chances

The Three C's

Chapter Nine

“So when’s your flight?” Pascal asked as I was throwing my hair into a clip, just finishing with my shower after helping win the game against the Anaheim Ducks.

“Five in the morning,” I said and he nodded his head, “I’ll land there around nine, this time- It’ll be seven in Denver.”

“And he doesn’t know you’re coming?” Kunitz asked and I smirked and shook my head.

“Nope, it’s his birthday tomorrow and I didn’t want to miss it. I’ll leave Denver around six in the morning the day after and fly to D.C. for our game against the Caps,” I said and they nodded their heads.

“Kane lucky guy,” Geno said and I giggled.

“I keep hearing that,” I said and they smirked.

“It’s true though,” Marc said as he came over and wrapped his arm around his shoulder, “The true of you are just- I don’t know, you travel for short visits just to see each other.”

“Every chance we get,” I said and Marc smirked.

“See! That’s what I’m talkin’ about!” he said and I giggled and shrugged my shoulders, “What’d you get him for his birthday?”

“Wait, wait, wait! Question,” Sidney said as he looked towards us, “If he doesn’t know that you’re coming, then how is this plan going down?”

“Toews is my informant,” I smiled brightly and Sidney chuckled and shook his head.

“Should have guessed,” Sidney said and I smirked and shrugged my shoulders.

“Duh,” I laughed.

“All right, now what did you get him?” Pascal asked.

“Um, on December 1st, Eminem is going to be at Madison Square Garden and it’s his favorite artist- So I got him tickets for us to go see him,” I said and the guys nodded their heads.

“Not bad, not bad, what else?” Marc asked as he leaned against my shoulder and motioned with his hand for me to keep going.

“What else do I have for him?” I asked and Kunitz, Pascal, Geno, James, Sidney, Matt, Paul and Marc were looking at me.

“Yeah? Just tickets?” James asked and I scoffed.

“You’re forgetting one thing boys,” I said and they looked at me confused, “I’ll be personally hand it to him.”

“And?” Paul asked and I looked at them.

“Idiots,” I muttered and threw my hand over my forehead and shook my heads.

“Mags is gunna get it on!” Beau yelled from behind me and I rolled my eyes.

“Man, you guys are gettin’ old if the youngest- Well, one of the youngest in the room understood that!” I said and the guys scoffed, “Crosby, I’m startin’ to see some grey.”

“Fuck off, Maggie,” he grumbled and I laughed.

“Get some of that ‘Just For Men’ hair dye,” I said and the guys started to snicker, “You know, the same kind I wanna use on Nealer’s ginger beard so that he’ll match!” the guys were crackin’ up and James and Sidney were glaring at me. I just winked towards them and then grabbed the rest of my things and headed for the door, “See you in Washington, boys!”

“Wait up, Mags!” Beau yelled as he and Olli caught up to me, seeing as how I was their ride and they were staying at my house.

It’s been about a week since Dana was in town and I took her to Boston, we were there for two days and then came back to Pittsburgh, where she watched us lose by one point to the Flyers, but then won against the Predators. She left to head back to Vancouver after that game, because she needed to really go back to school.

Tomorrow was Pat’s 25th birthday and I was going to surprise him in Denver, that’s where the boys were. They had a game against the Avalanches the night after and I was so happy that they had his birthday off, I was just sad that they were going to be in Chicago, they would be flying in from having a game in San Jose tonight.

I went home, finished packing my carry on and then fell asleep for about four hours. I woke up a few minutes after three in the morning, showered and changed and then left the house, being sure to leave a note for the boys to take care of the dogs and the house. I stopped for coffee before I headed to the airport, everything was happening so fast and I was so excited to see Pat, I hadn’t seen him since we played him in the preseason.

-Kane-
“You play that well tomorrow Kane, and we’ll be all set for the game,” Jon said as he patted my shoulder. We were in the elevator heading towards our floor at the hotel, just finished having an early morning practice, “So what are we doing tonight?”

“I don’t mind going out- Probably would be bigger if we were home,” I said and the guys chuckled, today was my birthday and I really wanted to party, but didn’t want to do it I didn’t call home.

“Maggie call you yet?” Sharp asked.

“She texted me at midnight, but I haven’t heard from her since,” I said and then looked towards Jon to see him smirking towards the guys, “What?”

“Nothing, you’re just so cute when you pout,” he gushed and pinched my cheek and I growled and shoved him away, hearing the guys laugh.

“Shut up man,” I said as the doors opened and we all headed out towards our bedroom. I turned around to see that Jon was holding back the guys from leaving the elevator, “What the hell-“

“Go ahead man, we’ll catch up- Uh, forgot something!”

“All of you?” I asked suspiciously.

“I didn’t-“

“Shut up!” Sharp hissed to Brandon Saad and I just rolled my eyes and shook my head.

“Whatever- This better not be a fuckin’ prank! The rule is-“

“I know the rule!” Jon barked as the door closed, thankful that he didn’t quote the rule about how we never prank each other on our actual birthday, but any other day is fine.

“Weirdos,” I muttered and headed over towards my room, slid the key into the door and pushed it open when the light turned green. I sighed and walked into the room, “I need normal teammates.”

“Now, now, I like them just the way they are,” I heard and snapped my head around to see Maggie leaning against the wall, she was in a dark purple silk bathrobe, black lacy thigh highs and black heels.

“Maggie,” I breathed and she smirked and walked over towards me, placed her hands on my chest.

“Happy birthday, Pat,” she smiled and I looked at her.

“You- You came to-“

“I came to see you on your birthday,” she giggled, “Does that surprise you?”

“Best surprise ever,” I said and she smiled, I looked her up and down, “You look amazing.”

“And you looked like you need to get out of your clothes,” she said and I chuckled and felt her hands move under my shirt.

Maggie pulled the shirt over my head and worked on my jeans, she pulled them down and I moved my hands to her hips as I kicked off my shoes and pressed my lips against hers. I pushed her against the wall and grabbed one of her thighs and pinned it to my side. I loved the feel of her skin against my hand and could already feel my hard on, even when Maggie now had more clothes on than me.

I pulled Maggie forward from the wall, untied the tie around her robe and then watched as she let the material fall to the ground and I groaned at the sight of her. She was in a lacy push up bra and boy shorts, I pulled her to me and then pushed her back onto the bed, climbing on top of her and attacking her lips so happy that I didn’t have a game tonight.

-Toews-
“What the fuck? I wanna go to my room!” Shaw whined and I smirked and looked towards my teammates.

“None of you are gunna get any sleep if you stay on that floor,” I said and they looked at me confused and I looked towards Sharp and Duncan.

“She in town?” Sharp asked and I chuckled and nodded my head.

“You little sneak! You two were planning again- Weren’t you?!” Duncan asked and I smirked, “Where would Pat be without you?”

“He most definitely wouldn’t be getting laid,” I said and the two laughed.

“I’m confused,” Saad said.

“You idiot, Maggie’s in town,” Shaw said, understanding, “When did she get here? She come in for his birthday?”

“While we were at practice and yeah, but she leaves tomorrow morning, she’s got a game against the Caps, I think,” I said and the guys nodded their heads, “Hopefully this’ll be the last year for all of this.”

“Why? Is he breakin’ up with her?” Saad asked and I sighed and shook my head, hearing a crack and turning to see that Corey as slapped Saad over the head.

“You’re an idiot- We’ve talked about this- Stan’s gunna offer Maggie a contract with the Hawks because her contract ends this season with the Penguins,” Corey said and I nodded my head.

“Really?” some of the guys asked and I nodded my head.

“Sweet.”

‘…Yeah, pretty sure we’ll be unstoppable with all of us. The Penguins seem to do pretty well with Maggie- It’s our turn now…’