‹ Prequel: Chances Risked
Sequel: Life's Chances

The Three C's

Chapter Ninety Two

“You did what?!” I laughed as I looked at my cousin as she sat across from me, her face red as a fire truck.

“I don’t know what happened,” she laughed and then covered her face, “I left the party right after you did, went back to the hotel, got a text from Olli to come to their hotel- Which turned out to be my hotel, they were seven floors up,” she said and I nodded my head for her to continue, “Well, most of his team was on that floor, they had alcohol, we drank, we partied, we laughed, and then I left with him back to his room and we sort of, may or may not have, yeah.”

“You slept with him?” I asked and she hid her face and I smirked and rolled my eyes, “Were you protected?”

“Yeah, I mean, I remember everything, I wasn’t that drunk, but I still can’t believe it happened,” she said and I laughed, “It’s not funny!”

“It actually is,” I said and then just shook my head, “You slept with Olli Maatta. I knew you had a crush on him when you first met him that time you came to visit, but damn Dana.”

“Yeah, he had to leave the room to borrow a condom off of someone and I almost debated on running when I heard them laughing,” she said and I slammed on the table and was laughing, trying to control it from being loud, “Maggie, come on!”

“No, I’m sorry, it’s just so funny because back when I was a Penguin, we had this thing every Christmas where we’d exchange gifts and Nealer got him a virgin kit because he’d never been with a woman before,” I said and Dana blushed.

“He told me that last night,” she said and laughed.

“Were you each other’s?”

“Firsts?” she asked and I nodded my head, “Yeah.”

“Well, you picked a decent first, usually they’re horrible, trust me, mine was,” I said and Dana laughed.

“Who was yours?”

“Some asshole from high school,” I said and then sighed, “I don’t know what I was thinking, Mikey ended up kicking his ass anyways after he found out.”

“Damn,” Dana said and I nodded my head.

“Well, it’s three, you ready to head back?” I asked and she sighed and nodded her head, we had been sitting at the little café table for about three hours now. We walked over towards my car and I drove her back to her hotel just in time to see the Penguins’ bus pull up.

“Oh no, Maggie, don’t!” Dana said and I smiled brightly, parked my car and got out, heading towards the bus, “Maggie!”

“Relax, D!” I yelled and jumped onto the bus, smiling brightly.

“HEY!!!” the guys smiled brightly.

Before I had gotten out of the car I grabbed a spare condom from the console, Pat usually kept them there if he or I decided to get kinky. I made my way to the back of the bus and saw Olli trying to hide, I laughed and plopped myself on his lap.

“Aw, your so cute when you’re trying to hide,” I said and he looked at me, his face was bright red, it only made me laugh harder, in turn made some of the other guys laugh, “Make sure, you always have a spare on you,” I said and handed him the condom and sent him a wink, hearing the whole bus start to laugh and chirp Olli for having some fun with my cousin last night.

“She out there?” he asked and I nodded my head, he stood up and headed off the bus.

We all glued our faces to the glass and watched as Olli walked over towards Dana, wrapped his arm around her waist and pressed his lips against her. The guys were cheering on the bus and I smiled brightly watching my cousin’s face to red.

“That’a boy Olli!!!” Beau yelled from the bus and I smirked and then turned and headed for the front.

When I stepped off of the bus, Ollie was hugging Dana, they looked towards me, I smirked and sent them a wink and their faces went red, “I’ll see you guys soon.”

“Bye Maggie,” Dana said and I waved and headed back for my car and then drove home.

-Kane-
Our schedule was set, our first game back was tonight, we hadn’t played a single game for a little over a month and we were itching to get back. Maggie and I looked at the schedule as we sat in the kitchen, enjoying our pregame meal, it was packed.

“Not a lot of time to rest,” I said and Maggie sighed and nodded her head.

“Not a lot of time to find a dress either,” Maggie said and I looked at her.

“Well here, you’ve got two days off in two weeks, go to New York with the girls then. Fly out after the game and hit every store the next day, come home the day after that,” I said and she looked at me and then looked at the schedule.

“I guess that could work,” she said and then sighed and started to rub her temples.

“You all right?”

“Just a headache,” Maggie said and I walked over towards her, kissed her cheek, wrapped my arms around her waist and laid my chin on her shoulder, “Mhmm, you’re warm.”

I chuckled and then sighed when the alarm on my phone was going off, telling me that it was time to get ready to head to the arena. Maggie and I headed upstairs, I changed into my suit, Maggie threw on a dark green knee length dress with a thick black belt in the middle and her black pumps. She left her hair down and grabbed her long sleeve short sweater and threw it on, figuring her arms would get cold.

“Are we going out after?” Maggie asked and I looked at her.

“Probably for dinner,” I said and she nodded her head and then also grabbed her favorite black leather jacket.

Once we were ready, Maggie and I headed for the United Center, meeting our teammates in the locker room, we looked at each other and smiled, we were back and we were happy.

“All right guys, we’ve got a lot of catching up to do if we want to make it into the playoffs,” Coach said as he walked into the room and we were changing into our gear.

We were up against Edmonton and were ready to show the league that we were back in action. Everyone was pretty pumped and ready to get on the ice, when Coach called for warm ups, we practically ran out of the door. Even though the stands weren’t full yet, hearing the fans was really making us all happy, it’s something we’ve waited to hear for a month.

-Maggie-
“Yes!” I yelled as I skated back towards my teammates and joined them in a giant hug, we had beaten Edmonton in overtime with the final score being five to four. Duncan Keith had set me up with a real good pass and all I had to do was tap it into the net, assisting me in scoring the winning goal of the night.

The boys and I were on the ice for a while, listening to the fans cheer, we were so happy to be back and playing again. When it came time to going into the locker room, Coach came in, a bright smile on his face and he told us that we did well. Wirtz even came in and told us well done, which made us happy that the owner was happy.

All of us answered questions when the reporters came in, someone of them came over towards me and asked how I felt about the winning goal and how I felt to be back, “I can’t take all the credit, Duncan Donuts over there set me up with a beautiful shot, so I’m going to go all Mean Girls here and pass half of the tiara to you double D!”

The guys were laughing about my movie reference and once the reporters had left, we all headed into the showers, blasted the music and then got out, got dressed and headed to the local steakhouse to celebrate our victory. I was wearing the same green dress that I wore into the arena, but instead of wearing the sweater, I threw my leather jacket on and walked handed in hand with Pat as we walked from the car to the restaurant.

The boys and I, some had their wives or girlfriends with them, took up the largest room, ordered a lot of food, drank a good portion of alcohol and enjoyed each other’s company. We couldn’t go too crazy though, we had a game the next night against Vancouver and we were ready for another win.

After dinner, Pat and I headed home, it was close to midnight when we walked through the doors. I heard a bark and then saw Bella trotting towards us, I smiled, scratched the top of her head and then headed towards the kitchen, kicking off my heels and throwing my jacket on the hook on the wall.

“Babe,” Pat muttered as he came up behind me, wrapped his arms around my waist and kissed my neck, “Are you going to be up for a while?”

“I’m just going to take the dogs out and then I’ll be up,” I said and looked at him, “Why?”

“Thought we could lay in the tub together,” he said and I smiled, turned around, wrapped my arms around his neck and giggled.

“You know I’ll never turn down a bath with, love,” I said and Pat smiled brightly and then pressed his lips against mine and pulled me close to him.

“I know, I still thought I’d ask,” he said and then let me go to get the dogs, “Love you!”

“Love you too!”