Status: On Going

You'll Never Take Us Alive

Chapter Ten: Panic.

woke up to a cold bed. I sat up and saw the covers had been moved and tussled. I bolted up and then looked down seeing that I was both naked and a note on Franks letter. I started to shake. Please tell me it isn’t what I think it is.
I picked the letter up with shaking hands and looked at Frank’s neat handwriting. I closed my eyes before reading it.
Gerard,
There is no simple way to do this but you should know. I'm pregnant with your child. I took the test and it came out positive. I don't know how you'll react to this. I'm afraid that if I told you face to face you'd want to kill what we created. I couldn't let that happen; I’m sorry. So, i\I’m leaving far away from here, where no one can find me. If I have to I'll raise this child by myself. I’ve seen others do it and I know and hope I can as well. Even if it means that she or he won't know who their father is. I love you. I always will and will never forget the times and emotions we’ve shared together.
-Frank

I can’t believe it. Frank’s pregnant. With my child no less. The condom must have had a tear in it. I knew it wasn’t nearly as full as it should have been. I had that worry in the back of my mind but now I have to find him. I have to find Frank. I must.

I pulled on all of my clothing and went to run out the door but I forgot that I was in Frank’s room and that the door was closed. I ran right into the wood. I fell back and groaned. I looked over to my side and saw one of Frank’s feathers that had fallen. The marbled metals on the tip, the gold, sliver and platinum that was just stunning. The last piece of Frank that I had.

“You stupid fuck” I whimpered as I got up and opened the door rushing into the hallway. Only after I placed the feather in my room in a glass jar that was black.

I needed to find Frank. It would be only ten months before he gave birth and I was worried. I was on the verge of a panic attack and it was scary as that time that Mikey thought he was pregnant from just that one day a few weeks ago. Frank and I had been careful but I guess something was meant to happen and it did. Frank and I had been mating and making love for over a month and it was always a sight to see him asleep in my arms in the morning.

In the back of my mind I knew Frank would try and stick to the water routes. I needed to find him and be as close to the child as I could be. I wanted to be apart of their life. I needed to be there for every moment with Frank.

I tripped down the stairs “Mikey! Mikey! Where the fuck are you?!” I yelled, we needed to find Frank.

“What the hell shoved itself up your ass, and what did you do to your head?” Mikey asked, raising an eyebrow taking a sip of coffee. His mate had an arm wrapped around Him.

“Frank’s gone and he’s pregnant with my child. I ran into the door. We need to find him Mikey! He can’t protect himself very well and get food easily if he’s pregnant!” I rushed out and Mikey was shocked.

Mikey’s eyes were wide and he nodded quickly as he bolted up and started to gather other vampires for the search. But stopped. He pointed at me.

“Gerard. Get your ass in here so I can seal the wound on your head.” Mikey said as he put a hand on his hip and eyebrows raised.

I jogged over to Mikey getting hit upside the head as I was pulled into his med room.

“You jackass! You didn’t tell me that you and Frank had hooked up! Then he gets knocked up! Did you even use a condom?” Mikey asks as he cleans the wound and I flinch when he presses to hard.

“Yes! But I think the first one broke and we didn’t know it.” I explained to my brother who sighed and shook his head.

I needed to be there for both Frank and this child’s life. I would be there for Frank. I would be there for his pregnancy to see him with his baby bump and to hold him close to me. I would be there for the birth. I would be there to see Frank hold our child for the first time. I would be there for him when he needed me. I would find him and I would kiss him many more times.

Frank was going to stick to the water routes and I would find him. I wanted to see him and make sure he was alright. I just hoped Frank would understand that I would always be there for him once we found him.

If there is a God out there please make sure that Frank is safe and doesn’t suffer to greatly. He’s mine and I love him for all that I am worth.