Status: On Going

You'll Never Take Us Alive

Chapter 2: Never trust

I woke up with a searing pain coming from my right wing. I inspected it closer to see why it was in so much pain. At the bottom of my right wing the feathers were rustled, over lapping a bit and my wing was bent too far back. I tried to move it but it only caused it to flare in pain. I reached out to touch it, just a mere inch away from touching my feathers something stopped me from reaching any further. I looked down to my wrists and found that I was bound to the ground, chains seemed to link to the leather cuffs.

The bonds prevented me from touching my wings. I sighed in frustration and kept tugging on the bounds hoping it would break. I knew it wasn't going to budge but I tried anyways. After some time I just gave up and sat there. I figured that if I'm gonna be here I might as well take a closer look at my surroundings. It was hard to see though, everything was really dark. The only light that shined was coming from the window to my left but it was really small and it only lit so much of the area.

I took a look around. There was a door across from me, to my right was a bottle of water and bread, and to my left there was nothing but a wall. It feels just like a prison. Not that I've been in one.

I reached for the bottle of water but that too was out of my reach I leaned a bit hoping it would get me closer to it but I only managed to put pressure on my wing. The sudden pain was enough to make me yelp loudly and go back sitting position.

It appeared that my yelp was loud enough for someone to hear, because the next thing I knew someone barged into the room making the door hit the wall with a 'smack!'.

I took a closer look at the man standing across from me and realized it was the same man that threw me in this cell like room. He took a step closer to me and a low growl erupted from my throat. It seemed that my warning displeased him because his face formed into a frown.

"I'm not going to hurt you. Trust me." He said. Did he actually think I was going to believe him? His face still looked upset as he took another step closer to me and I growled again, this time louder. "My family and I help angels and we keep them safe. We have for a long time." If he has my family would've still been alive. "Liar." I told him. His frown seemed to deepen when I said it.

"I'm not going to hurt you." He insisted as took yet another step closer to me. And I let a growl escape again and that's how it was going. Another step, a louder growl, another step, a louder growl, another step, a louder growl. It went on and we were face to face this time.

His nose was almost touching mine and his hot breath was against my face. I was growling uncontrollably almost at a snarl. I yanked on the bounds once again trying to break free. Yet, I couldn't. His eyes roamed my face taking in my features. He turned his head to the right looking directly at the bottom of my wing. By now I stopped my growling.

"You're wing," He started. "It's broken." He looked at me again. "I'm sorry I stepped on it." I looked deeply into his eyes. Searching if he was only faking it, but he actually looked sincere. I didn't softened my face though, if I did he might think that I'm finally trusting him. I will not trust these vampires, they would have to prove that my family were alive first.

"I'll be right back." He told me and exited the room closing and locking the door behind him. Sure enough, two minutes later he came back with a knife, tweezers, a needle and thread. My eyes widened in fright and I started growling again.

"I'm not gonna kill you. Or take your wing" He said. "I'm going to try and fix you're wing." He started approaching me with the three objects and I got up from where I was sitting and backed up. There was a wall behind me so I couldn't back up any more. He sat in front of my right wing and reached out for it. An intense pain shot through me and I groaned.

"This might hurt a bit." He then took the bottom of my wing where it was bent with a flick of his wrist he put it back in place with a loud 'crack'. The action made me yelp loudly. It hurt like hell. He got the knife and cut where the bend was. With the tweezers he took what look like pieces of broken bones and shifted my bones so that they connected.

He then got the needle and thread and sewed the wound back. He reached for the water bottle to my right opened it, and poured a small amount on my wound so the blood would wash away. With his hands he plucked the rustled feathers from my wing. That process hurt immensely and I cringed every time he plucked one off.

"I don't think I introduced myself properly." He said with a humorless laugh. "My name is Gerard Way, what's yours?" He looked at me expectantly but I just stared blankly back at him. He sighed and frowned again. He reached over to grab the water and bread and positioned it in front of me.

"Here. You must be hungry." With that he got up and exited the room without so much as a glance back. When he left so many questions filled my mind. One was there the first time I came here though. Why hasn't he killed me yet?