Status: On Going

You'll Never Take Us Alive

Chapter 3: Let me out!

My wing felt like it was in pain yet again. I felt cold from where the feathers had been pulled but I was no longer chained to the floor. I heard foot steps coming to the room I was in and I hid in the darkness. I was not going to let them touch me. Not ever again.

The door opened and the vampire that had come in twice before, Gerard stepped in. He looked around and sighed.

“I’m not going to hurt you, please just come out. I need to check your stitches to see if they have infected and if they have I need to clean them. Your parents want to see you, and meet you once again. We were going to get you all just so you would be safe, but you escaped. They didn’t die they were just sedated. Please come out” The vampires voice was full of hurt while I was full of anger and my eyes filled with tears.

He was lying, he had to be. I saw my mother and father die. I flew away as far as I could at the time. Though I had wings they were still fairly weak. I knew he was lying. The vampires always lie. He just wants to get me into his bed, and make his way with me. I was not going to fall pregnant to a vampire. I was saving myself for my mate.

The vampire got closer to me, I was ready to pounce if the need be. I could run. I didn’t need a vampire to take care of me. I was not going to let him get his hands on me. Pain or not I wouldn’t let him touch me.

The vampire stopped just in front of me and looked down with sad eyes as my broken wing was bent half way up and the tip out flat.

“My god you are beautiful, I just wish we had saved you sooner” The vampire looked me in the eyes and I knew that he was going to try to touch my wing.

I growled and loudly to. A warning. I was not to be touched by anyone. The vampire took a step closer and I snarled. My teeth showing, nostrils flared. The vampire took a step back.

“It’s ok, I’m not going to hurt you. I want to help you. But I need to touch your wing to help you” I still growled and my teeth still showed. The vampire sighed. “I will bring your family to you”

The vampire walked out and shut the door. I moved to a darker corner. I was not going to let him find me this time.

The door opened and three pair of feet walked in. I stayed in my place. I looked to see my father and mother in the room. My mothers peacock like wings and my fathers black wings. I stayed in my spot.

“See? Your parents are alive. Your mothers also expecting a sibling for you. She lost the one she carried when you were little but the baby is doing just fine now.” The vampire smiled as he turned to look around the room. I stayed in my spot.

My mother walked towards me, a smile on her face. Her eyes were the most wonderful shade of green, I just wanted to hug her but the vampire was there looking at where I was. I snarled at him and looked back at my mother and she looked upset.

I bowed my head, knowing that the snarl had up set her. My father was standing back though. I didn’t want to seem standoffish, but I just wanted to be alone. The vampire tried to get closer to me and I growled lowly. I still didn’t trust him. My mother looked at me and looked at my wing.

“Trust” She told me looking at the vampire. I shook my head. She frowned “Protect”

My mother was telling me that the more I trusted the vampire the more he would protect me. I looked at the vampire and he was moving closer to me. I full on snarled and my mother flicked my forehead.

A look was sent to me, saying I knew better, act it. My father still stayed back. The vampire was now about five feet away. I moved to try and get away from him but my mother stopped me. I looked at her and the vampire was right by her side now. I was about to snarl when I was flicked once again.

My mother shook her head and nodded to the vampire. I showed my teeth and the vampire seemed unaffected by this. He slowly took a few small steps toward me a low growl started to form in my chest. The vampire touched my wing and I lost it. I lunged and the vampire seemed to be upset and surprised. I was about to bite the vampire when my mother knocked me to the ground.

“No” She said firmly and stood up. Her hands on her back and nodded to the vampire. My wing was touched once again and I was in pain once again. I didn’t want to make any noise to show I was weak.

“Your wing is healing and the stitches look fine. Within a week it should be healed.” The vampire smiled at me. I just kept a straight face.

A cup was handed to me and it smelled awful. I backed up but was stopped. My mother was pushing me forward.

“Drink this, it will help you to heal a bit faster. It’s not going to taste very good I’m afraid but it will help with your pain as well” I gingerly grabbed the cup and looked in it.

“Drink” My father deep voice broke the stillness in the room. I nodded and plugged my nose and down it went. I started to feel a bit dizzy. I looked at the vampire with a hurt look.

“It’s normal to feel a little dizzy, Your mother drinks a glass of it everyday so she's use to it by now” The dizziness was passing but I was pissed for being forced to be in a small dark room and not getting to be alone.

I hissed as the vampire touched me, he looked upset. “I’m not going to hurt you, I need you to trust me so I can take you out of this room and let you wonder the grounds freely but I need to know that you wont try to get away. I need you to trust me so I can trust you and protect you a bit better”

I was left alone when everyone left. I looked at the markings that started to come into view as I got older. The markings were rare but my grandfather had them. So it was genetic.

The drink was working it’s way and I had a migraine and groaned. I wrapped my self in my unharmed wing and shed tears. I was such a fuck up! Why couldn’t I just have fell to my death back in the cave. My feathers felt soft but rougher then normal. I was disgrace to my family.

I looked at the black thread that held the bone in place. I started to pick at the smooth stitches. Blood did start to seep onto my feathers. I just wanted to be free. How hard was that? How long had I been here?

The door opened and a new vampire walked in and he was tall and looked like he was going to hurt me. I didn’t growl or snarl, I just wanted to die.

“Stop it! The stitches need to stay in. I know they itch but they need to stay in. I will get Gerard in here. But I would prefer not to. I’m Mikey Way, the angel doctor but I need to see your wing” The vampire tried to step closer to me but I growled. I could feel the blood dripping down my feathers. “I need to see your wing but I’m not going to hurt you.”

With a second step I snarled and bared my teeth. The vampire backed up. He shook his head and backed up. Shutting the door behind him. A few minutes later the vampire that I knew Gerard. Stepped in the door, Mikey behind him.

I didn’t pay a care to them, I still picked and pulled at the stitches, I wanted them out.

“Stop, please. We just want to help you. But in order to do that you need to let us look at your wing.” The vampire from before spoke. I bared my teeth. I wanted out of here!

I slowly looked up and unfurled myself from my wing. I let the vampire look at my wing and he sighed. “This might sting a bit but I have to flush the wound. It’s just saline so it might tingle a bit.” I just ignored the pain. I just wanted to be free.

I would trust the vampires so they would let me walk the grounds but in order for that I had to stop being a recluse. I would wait till I had my wing back and when no one was looking I would fly away. But I had to gain trust first. I also was getting hungry the bread wasn’t lasting very long.

“Gerard I need you to get me a bottle of water and a good meal, but I need to know what is your name?” The angel turned to me and was asking me. I had to answer the question to gain the trust I needed.

“Frank” I whispered. My eyes to the ground. I saw Gerard smile as he walked out the door. I stayed still and I wrapped myself in my wing again. I was slightly cold and the heat from that would help. Angels tended not to wear any clothing that covered our chests unless they were a woman in that case they would but getting our wings through the holes in the back could be hard.

“You’re cold? I can turn the heat up in here.” The vampire walked back to a wall and tapped a few things and it started to get warmer. “Better?”

I smiled and nodded. The vampire smiled back slightly and Gerard came back in with a plate of something that smelled amazing. I looked at the green piece that wrapped around something else and though it smelled good but it looked weird.
“Gerard sushi is not the best thing for him right now but later I will mix him a second shake and I’ll add some of the meds I got earlier for the broken bone and it will heal it faster and make his wings stronger.” Mikey took the plate from Gerard and handed it to me “It’s raw fish and sewed, I can eat my own wight in this stuff”

I was a bit nervous as the fish was raw and I would always cook it a bit when I was by myself. I brought a piece to my mouth and chewed it. It was different, but I liked it. I slowly ate each piece off the plate, each had a unique flavor and taste. Some were sweet and others were like licking salt.

I felt full but not so full that I felt like I would have to be rolled around. I nodded to the two vampires and started to feel a bit tired. I curled myself into my unbroken wing and drifted to sleep.