Status: On Going

You'll Never Take Us Alive

Chapter 4: Watch

I watched as Frank slept soundly on his unbroken wing. He looked extremely peaceful in his sleep. He's curled up against the wall, chest slowly rising and falling with each breath that he took, his eyelashes when closed looked long and dark, the shadow that fell upon his face from the darkness of the room was just adding to his beauty, and the black hair that slightly covered the side of his face.

His cute little button nose was a bit scrunched up, and his rosy pink lips were slightly parted as small snores escaped. So beautiful to be honest. Okay, call me weird for watching him sleep, but you' debate doing the same thing too.

He's just so....so.....perfect even in his sleeping form. His facial features and body and...well, his whole self is just breathtaking and his wings are like no other angel's I've seen. The black that looked like onyx and the dark sky the moon hung in, and the purest of gold, sliver, copper, and platinum at the tip. When I had to pull the feathers from him wings we had them tested and they were true metal.

I truly feel bad for Frank. Since he was nine he spent so many years thinking that his parents were dead. The worst part, though, was him thinking me and my family were responsible for their death.

I couldn't blame him. He was at a young age when he saw it happen. You see, what Frank saw was us kill his parents, but obviously we didn’t kill them. Instead we sedated them; it was the only way.

Vampires and angels aren't supposed to get along. We were supposed to hate each-other and just be rivals for some reason. Luckily my clan could see past that and the angels we saved managed to put that behind them too and we're trying to make peace with others.

Years ago we tried to get Frank's family to safety because we found out some other vampires were out to get them. When we approached them his mother spotted us and she started freaking out so we sedated her.Unfortunately Frank's father saw us and got angry so he lunged at us. Of course we had to sedated him too. One of my clan members spotted Frank and went for him but he escaped.

For years we've been searching for him but somehow we always seem to loose track of him. The whole time it felt like a wild goose chase until we finally found him. But trying to get him to the house; was what caused the issue. Frank seemed to move every week or two. But he would stick the where the water was. When it was decided that it was time to bring him to the house; the fight that he put up was impressive. The bite that Frank delivered was close to the blood vain that ran through the arm. But Frank was safe now.

I really hope Frank is starting to trust us. We're different from other clans. My family and I have been helping angels for years, well, it wasn't just now but generations before. It started when the out break of angels happened about a hundred years ago. My I believe it was my Great-great-great-grandfather that started to save the angels

My father, Donald, is the clan leader. The whole angel protection thing was passed on to the oldest son. He said that one day it's going to be up to me to protect as many angels as I can.

My father is very brave. I admire him immensely. Then there's my mom, Donna, her clan decided to make peace with my father's clan and help with saving angels too. They both got married and had Mikey and I. Mikey he's my younger brother. He's also the one who heals hurt angels.

Mikey had always liked helping to heal the angels. It was a few years ago that we found out that he was the carrier of a gift known as Uno con la guarigione degli angeli. Basically what that is, is that Mikey is the only person that knows just off the top of his head what to do when an angel is ill or about to give birth. I know for a fact that Mikey liked to help the angels, the only problem was that they had an reflex to protect themselves from anyone. But Mikey knew how to get the angels to let him see what was wrong and fix it.

Anyway, throughout the years there was always a struggle with trying to keep angels safe. Day by day there are news about another angel being brutally murdered and it affects the rest of them. Knowing that my own species was the reason for causing millions of deaths of angels sickens me. The very thought that they enjoyed watching a creature in pain and pull out part of them out and then taking joy in raping them and killing them.

Movement coming from the corner of my eye stopped my train of thought. I looked up and was met with beautiful green eyes the color of emeralds with specks of honey gold in them. Frank looked at me intently as if he was wondering what I was about to do next.Right when I was going to say something to him the door slammed open and Mikey came in with a kit.

"I'm gonna have to do a check on him." He said. I nodded. I took one last glance at Frank. "Be careful with him." I told Mikey and walked out of the room, shutting the door behind me.