Status: On Going

You'll Never Take Us Alive

Chapter 6: Sunlight

A few days have passed and Frank's wing has healed. Over time for his recovery we have gotten closer to each other. The nice thing about Frank being an angel is that he heals fast. So it only took him about a week and a half to fully heal.

He doesn't really talk much but I guess that's normal for angels. I would usually have to go off of his body language or the slight vocal sounds that Frank would make. This was nice but I would just once like to hear Frank say my name.

I decided that today I should show him around. I could tell he's been dying to be outside for awhile. I don't blame him I'd be losing my mind too if i was stuck in a poorly lit room for a long time. Mikey has found out that Frank's wings are rare. The feathers had slight patterns if you looked at the black. It looked like the precious medals were running down a river to the tips that then split and repeated the pattern all over again. It's pretty awesome if you ask me.

I headed inside the room to see Frank looking out the small window longingly. His eyes seemed distant and like he was recalling a memory or day dreaming about something. When I shut the door he turned around and smiled when he saw me. He was in a sitting position and turned so he was facing me. His back was now to the window and the sun was reflecting off of the medals in his wings.

"Hey Frank how's your wing doing?" I asked. He just smiled and nodded; as if he was telling me that his wing was fine. "You know, it's really nice outside." I said, he nodded again, his head turned around to look out the window and he smiled at the sight that lay before him though the glass.”How would you like it if maybe....oh i don't know...go outside and I could show you around the place?"

To this he immediately sprung up and nodded his head frantically. It reminded me of a child that was excited. He was grinning wide and his face has excitement written all over it. I had never seen the angel look like this before. I would get small smiles sure but this was like Frank was a teenager and he wasn’t the stone that we thought he was. I laughed a bit at his eagerness and stood up, I had without knowing it leaned on the door frame in the shadows.

"Ok, we'll only go outside if you promise not to fly away." He nodded and made a cross motion over his heart, letting me know he promises not to. I felt happy that Frank had gotten to the point that he was now trusting Mikey and I. Not just an act that most tried to pull to get away.

I let a smile come on my face as I led the angel out of the room and down the twisting hallways of the house that I called home. I would have to show Frank the room that had been given to him. It was fairly close to Mikey’s and I’s so we would be able to hear if any trouble was going on. Frank was so rare that it wouldn’t be uncommon for a vampire to break in the house or trick the angel into thinking that they were part of the Way family then try to rip off the wings that belonged to that angel. It was a problem that had been going on for as long as I can remember.

"Alright then let's go outside" In a second he was by my side. I opened the door and went out. Right when Frank stepped foot outside he flew up and spread his wings far out.

The full wing span that Frank had was almost as far as I could see. The way his wings seemed to be just a long fluid line that was dark on the pale blue sky and seemed to have the sun reflect back on the feathers and the way the light refracted was just so cool. He looked absolutely beautiful with the sun behind him. His hair blew in the wind and smiled. His head was thrown back, eyes closed, lips slightly apart, and arms above his head as if relishing the sun. He slowly opened his eyes and smiled to me.

He descended to the ground and smiled up at me with the smile that never seemed to leave his face now. He looked so happy to finally be outside. We walked around for a bit, I was showing him different rooms and waved hello to the other angels.

Frank had seen his parents and stopped to very carefully hug his mother. Frank’s mother was now six months in and she was a bit uncomfortable. The only reason that Frank’s mother had miscarried when she was carrying his sibling when he was younger, was the fact that his mother had just gotten to the fourth month in her pregnancy and when she had flown the weight of the baby had torn the fluid sac and it was a mess to clean up. Not to even think about an angels screams, they will shatter your heart. But hearing them speak will soothe even the sickest of people.

The whole time I was showing Frank around he kept smiling. God, how I love his smile. Every time I show him a different room his eyes seem to light up a bit. Frank had teeth that were prefect and still were spaced slightly. Then his skin. It was smooth, the color was pale but still had color so he didn’t look like he was death walking. He has such beautiful eyes. They made me think of summer and fall meeting together.

I think maybe I might even like Frank more than should. Every night when I close my eyes his face would be the first thing that pops up in my mind. The soft curves of his face and the way his eyes would light up when he was happy over something. The cute way he would brush his hair out of his face so he could see but the very way he walked was so feminine it was beautiful.

This has been going on for some time, but of course I'm not going to tell him. He can't know I have feelings for him, he just can’t. That would kill him and I couldn’t let that happened. I know I liked Frank better then any Way should like an angel. It was illegal, and if we had any offspring they would be killed during the pregnancy or after the birth. If I was found I would be killed as well. Frank would be de-winged and used to fulfill the dirty pleasers of other vampires. I shivered in fear of what would happen if Frank ever found out my feelings or he felt the same way for me.