Status: On Going

You'll Never Take Us Alive

Chapter Nine: Fade Away

I'm currently flying as fast as possible. My wings are getting tired but i couldn't stop. Not now I can't stop now. I have to get away. Far away from the house, the angels, my parents. From Gerard

I know that once he reads the letter he'll come look for me. He'll send people to search for me. I won't stick to the water routes anymore it's too obvious. He'll look for me there I know he will. I dodged every tree branch that got in the way. I have no idea where I was going I just kept flying.

I can't let them catch me. If they do they'll take it away from me. I won't let that happen even if it is from a vampire. I'll take care of it all by myself if I have to. If they ever find out they'll kill it.

I kept on flying mindlessly. My hot tears rolling down my cheeks blurring my vision. Thinking it was far enough I came to a complete halt and lowered myself to the ground.

I sat sobbing into my own hands. How could I have been so careless? I don't know how long I sat there bawling my eyes out after several minutes maybe an hour, I finally looked up. The tree I'm sitting in front of looks strangely familiar. I flew up to get a better look a it.

It wasn't until I made it to the middle of the tree that I realized where I was. The tree was hollow. There were cobwebs from years without use. How did I fly here without realizing? I don't know. I went inside and looked around. It looked practically the same when I left. My home.

I sat down in the nest and just thought. I thought about what happened today in the morning. I had known something was wrong the minute I opened my eyes.The events just seemed to be looping in my head over and over.

I woke up feeling pressure around my waist. I looked down to see an arm wrapped around me and smiled. Memories of yesterday came flashing back. I turned my head around and was met with a beautiful pale face framed with raven black hair.

Gerard was sleeping soundly. Small little snores were emitting from his pink parted lips. I grabbed his arm and slowly released myself from his embrace. I stood up and stretched. I shouldn't have stood up. I felt my stomach twist and churn. Out of no where I started feeling sick.

I immediately rushed to the bathroom. I opened the lid of the toilet bowl and started spewing my guts out. I held on to the porcelain bowl for support. After a few minutes of puking I unsteadily stood up; my hands shaking slightly and knees feeling weak.

I flushed the toilet and rinsed my mouth with water I was breathing heavily from the lack of air. Why is this happening to me? The sickness came out of nowhere.

Millions of things started running through my mind. There are only two reasons why this would be happening. 1. I’m deathly sick and I'm going to die or 2. I'm pregnant. I really hope it's the second one

I walked back into the room. Luckily Gerard's a heavy sleeper so hasn't heard me heaving in the bathroom and woken up. I exited the room and entered the hallway.

When Gerard was showing me around, he showed me a room where Mikey kept all of his medical stuff like bandages, gauze, needles and saline, clothes, and fortunately pregnancy tests. I started walking down the hallway.

I took several lefts and rights until finally, I found the room I was looking for. The room was fairly large which made sense considering there are a lot of angels and vampires here.I opened cabinets desperately searching for a test. It wasn't until i opened the fifth cabinet that I found stacks and stacks of pregnancy tests.

I took one and quickly hurried back into the room. When I got there I saw Gerard sleeping peacefully. I hurried into the bathroom and locked the door. I examined the box for a few seconds. I may not know how to say many words, but I sure as hell know how to read.

Took the testing stick out of its box. Carefully reading the instructions I urinated on the stick. I had to wait five minutes for the results. I was lost in my own thoughts. Sooner than I hoped five minutes passed. By now I was a nervous wreck. With a shaky hand I lifted up the pregnancy test.

Positive. A pink plus sign. The pregnancy test was positive. I felt tears running down my cheeks but this time they were tears of joy. There is a life in me. There is a little person in me that I made. I'm gonna be a mommy. I'm gonna have a child. My child. Gerard's child. Our child.

Gerard. What will he think of this? Will he accept the baby? Will he have his kill the baby when it's born? No, that won't happen. I won't let them take my baby away from me. Never. I have to get away. I need to leave. They can't find me. They cant take my child away.

I immediately discarded of the pregnancy test and the box. As i was going out the door I looked back at Gerard's sleeping form. I don't want to just leave out of the blue.

I searched around for a pen. Oddly enough I found some on a desk next to the bed. I quickly wrote the letter and took off.

Gerard,
There is no simple way to do this but you should know. I'm pregnant with your child. I took the test and it came out positive. I don't know how you'll react to this. I'm afraid that if I told you face to face you'd want to kill what we created. I couldn't let that happen; I’m sorry. So, i\I’m leaving far away from here, where no one can find me. If I have to I'll raise this child by myself. I’ve seen others do it and I know and hope I can as well. Even if it means that she or he won't know who their father is. I love you. I always will and will never forget the times and emotions we’ve shared together.
-Frank

Tears were streaming down my face once again. I curled up into a ball and slowly drifted off to sleep. They'll never find me here.