Status: Eh, it’s not that good..

Just the Girl I’m Lookin’ For.

(whoa, first post. btw, I’m changing bands in the Warped Tour because...why not? c:)

-

It was never a secret that Alex had feelings for his best friend, Olivia. She was one of the main stage photographers on the Vans Warped Tour when his band played, and he grew attached to the innocent twenty-four year old girl.

She wasn’t the girl who got tens of tattoos in one sitting, or who pierced their lip for a dare; no, she was the type of girl who wouldn’t even wear shorts without thinking she looked provocative.

That’s what Alex loved. How she was innocent. How she was herself. But, Olivia didn’t seem to even remotely return any feelings towards him whatsoever, which sort of crushed his dreams a little, but he’d always have hope.

Literally. Jack, his other best friend (and also bandmate, but they were basically brothers) had a girlfriend named Hope, who’d always assure Alex that he basically had Olivia in the palm of his hand.

-

But now, Alex was holding on by a string. It was their last day of Warped, and his last day of seeing Olivia. He’d tried to figure out where she’d be working after this whole rodeo but she wouldn’t tell him, let alone glance his way.

The four boys, who loved to call themselves All Time Low, had just walked off main stage. The boys were sweating and swearing under the hot Florida sun. Olivia managed to sneak some shots of them pouring water on themselves, but Alex had seen her and went up to try and talk to her again.

“Olivia!” His eyes lit up as he ran over towards the camera-clad girl, her green eyes meeting his. “Hey, uh, w-what’s up?” Alex wasn’t usually stuttering and acting all shy, but it was because of goddamn Olivia that he’d been messing up a few songs on Warped lately. She was constantly on his mind.

“Nothing really, just getting some last minute shots. Which I should be getting Bring Me The Horizon right now..” The girl tried lying her way out of the conversation. Alex saw right through it as he mentioned that Bring Me The Horizon wasn’t playing for another two and a half hours, plus they were side stage.

“Come on, why do you always ignore me? What’ve I done to make it seem as if I’m so terrible?” The twenty-six year old singer was vulnerable, and he hated it. His guard was being knocked down as his sweaty hair stuck to his forehead, his prominent gaze fixed on the linoleum floor beneath their feet.

“Alex, it’s not like that..”

“It seems so, Olivia. I can’t even ask you a simple question.”

“Well, Alex, I’m sorry. It’s hard to look someone in the eye after knowing they’ve saved for life for years, and you can’t even thank them.” Her voice lowered as she rambled on. Alex’s gaze left the floor and traveled to her sad eyes, which were cast upon him.

“W-we saved your life?” He hadn’t known Olivia to be..upset like this. She’d always been that innocent, joking girl who’d tell you jokes she’d find from Tumblr, and laugh her little ass off.

“You did, you saved me, Alex. Multiple times.”

“Olivia, I didn’t-,“

“I know, but now you do. So if you’d like to place pity, please come on the fifth of never.” She fastened the camera strap and little looser around her neck, just something to keep her gaze from the smiling idiot in front of her.

“Go on a date with me.”

“What?” Her head shot up.

“Yes, go on a date with me. Tonight.”

“You’re cra-,“

“Please, Olivia?”

“Fine. Right after Of Mice and Men, nine-fifteen. If you don’t show, forget the date, Alex.” Olivia tried to keep the growing smile off of her face as he pointed a finger at the sweaty boy, turning on her heel and walking towards side stage to get more snap shots of Mayday Parade and Hey Monday.

Maybe Hope had given him just enough...hope.