Status: I hope you enjoy this, I'm just posting it straight from my wattpad because idfk how this website works o k a y

Counting Down the Days for Christmas

2 - Friendship

It was Kellin's second Christmas today, so his parents decided to make it special.

His mum invited over the family and some friends to host a big Christmas party at their house. Her friend, Vivian Fuentes, had a son, Vic, who was a year older than Kellin. She hoped that they would be friends.

She glanced over at little Kellin, who was sat next to the tree gazing at it admiringly, oblivious to the world around him. She could feel a smile creeping up on her lips; Kellin was the cutest thing she'd ever seen.

She heard the doorbell chime loudly. That must be their guests, she thought, before making her way towards the door.

Kellin himself was a little overwhelmed by all the bright lights and decorations around him. He felt like he was in a magical fairy-tale, because it all looked so beautiful.

He grabbed one of the big squashy parcels in his chubby hands, waving it about and squealing in excitement.

His mum entered the room with two strangers. One of them was a big lady, just like his mummy Kellin thought to himself. Then he saw the little boy standing beside her.

He had big chocolate brown eyes and shoulder-length brown hair with a short side-fringe that hung in his face. He was clutching onto his mothers' leg, probably slightly afraid of Kellin.

"This is Vic," Kellin's mum said softly, gesturing towards the boy, or Vic, as Kellin had been told.

Vic looked up at Kellin shyly, giving him a nervous smile. Vic was always slightly shy around new people.

Kellin smiled widely at the young boy, grabbing his hand and pulling him over towards his previous spot besides the tree. They sat next to it in a contented silence.

Kellin and Vic's mums both exchanged knowing glances, either parent being fully aware that their sons had just silently made friends.

Kellin's hand didn't leave Vic's once that evening.