Status: This is from a roleplay a friend and I did ^_^ quite proud of the work. We are still currently roleplaying this story, so I will update whenever I have a new batch done.

Link's Trial

1

Link stared out across the field of Hyrule. The fires burned from Death Mountain as he crouched and stared out at the battle field, or at least what was left of Hyrule field. The armor, the dead soldiers, and the dead Lizalfos, he looked from left to right as blood dripped down from his head and from under his red hat. His armor had scratches and niches in it and his tunic had more slashes. As for his shield, the beautiful art and designs that were on the front were so damaged that the only thing left on it that would be seen from even up close was the Triforce at the top. He breathed heavily as he sheathed his sword; this was different than all of his previous battles he had ever faced. There was no main enemy, no evil man in black armor. No, this was war. He was very tired, and worn out; he had not met up with Zelda in weeks. He was supposed to have seen her at the entrance of Kakariko Village. He darted through the tall grass under the cover of night; as he rushed along he thought of how it all ended up this way. So many greedy people had tried to invade Hyrule for the Triforce that Zelda guarded as well as the Temple of Time. It all seemed as if it were a dream. The castle was overrun, and the guards had closed it off so that nobody could get into the castle. The moat had been changed from water to a fire; Link had donated Din’s fire, a magical item, to what remained of the royal guard and they took turns keeping it going. He dashed into the creek that followed along the route; Link dove under the water and swam to the entrance of the village. He snuck past the remaining Lizalfos and the other brutes from the surrounding continents and climbed over the walls that led to the city and hopped down and leaned against the gate. He was so very tired.
♠ ♠ ♠
Each number is a part in the roleplay; there is not actual "chapter".