Status: This is from a roleplay a friend and I did ^_^ quite proud of the work. We are still currently roleplaying this story, so I will update whenever I have a new batch done.

Link's Trial

20

The day drudged on and on. Zelda stared out the window and up into the sky. Dark ominent clouds loomed about, making the comforting feeling in her dissolve. She could just barely make out the castle in the distance, her castle. She vaguely remembered her childhood. Her mother died giving birth to her and her father had always been busy. There had been times though that he would take a day off and spend it with her; she cherished those memories dearly. Then there was the day Link arrived. She had snuck out while Impa had been giving her lessons and had went to see her father. Upon coming to the throne room, she heard him and an unfamiliar voice speaking. Sneaking around to the side window, she peered in and saw a red haired young man standing before her father, kneeling. He wasn't a handsome fellow at all, far from it, but she listened carefully. That's when she heard a rustling sound from behind. Turning with a start, she saw a young boy run in through the stone doorway. He wore a green tunic and hat, and carried a small sword and shield. He stood there staring back at her, debating on whether to run or stay.
"Who are you?" She had asked, curious as to why the boy had come.
He only stood there, not meeting her eyes.
"Do you know the man that's in there with father? He's the Gerudo king. He's come to ask my father for support."
The boy stood there, shy. Zelda had smiled at him and stuck her hand out. "Come and see."
The boy moved quickly and peered in. Then the Gerudo king looked their way, scaring them both. Zelda giggled next to the young boy.
"It's Link."
Zelda jumped; he had spoken. She smiled. "Link..." Then her brow furrowed. "That's strange...it sounds almost...familiar."
The boy gave her an odd look. Giggling, Zelda shook his hand. "It is nice meeting you, Link."
The boy nodded and stood, making a dash all of a sudden for the exit. Zelda's face fell at the sight of him leaving. Razing a hand, she called back to him. "Perhaps we'll meet again! Until then!"
Ah, those had been the days. Young and nothing wrong. Then everything happened and led up to this. Sighing, she stood and stretched her stiff limbs. Grabbing a pail, she opened the door and headed to the well for water.