Status: This is from a roleplay a friend and I did ^_^ quite proud of the work. We are still currently roleplaying this story, so I will update whenever I have a new batch done.

Link's Trial

38

Zelda lightened up on the scrubbing, almost stopping completely. "But what about the soldiers? Who will lead them if you are here with me?"
She looked up into his blue eyes. They held hers firmly, unwavering. Sighing, she dropped her hands into her lap and rested her head against his side. It was warm, comforting. His hand stroked her head, easing her even more. Without warning, he pulled her up onto his lap and hugged her tightly.
"Link...?" Zelda was startled by his actions.
He nuzzled her shoulder and rested his head against it. "I will find someone to lead. One of the Gorons will be happy to do it."
"But Link you can't just-" She stopped her words as she saw his face.
"Zelda, I won't leave your side. Even though there is a war going on, I am going to be right here until the matter at hand is abated."
She laughed and ruffled his hair. "You sure are a stubborn man, aren't you?"
He laughed and hugged her again. His face fell though as he stared at her stomach. Reaching over, he placed a hand on it. "How much longer do you have?"
She placed a hand on top of his. "Just over a day." She could tell his thoughts just by seeing his face. "I've already contacted the Gerudos. One should be here soon. She'll take care of what needs to be done."
Link nodded and wrapped his arms back around Zelda, unrelenting to let her go.