Status: This is from a roleplay a friend and I did ^_^ quite proud of the work. We are still currently roleplaying this story, so I will update whenever I have a new batch done.

Link's Trial

43

Link held her tightly to him after the child had kicked him. "And thank you for being mine Zelda." He kissed her gently on the cheek and fell asleep holding her.

Link awoke early in the morning, and seeing as how he would be gone for a good while he decided to go speak to the captain of the guard and a few others in the village while he awaited the Gerudos. He slipped on his purple tunic, no chain-mail, and his boots and equipment belt with his various trinkets and useful items and his hat and walked out the door leaving his sword and shield and all war-gear at the house.

The guards nodded to him. "Where is the captain of the guard?” he asked one of them.
One replied, "Over in the tavern getting breakfast I believe."
Link nodded and patted the man gently on the shoulder. "If Zelda awakens, tell her I will be back shortly and that I haven't left the village; don't want her worrying unnecessarily."
The guard nodded. Link walked off towards the tavern seeing a few cuccos here and there, a few kids out playing in the water from the rain two nights before laughing and smiling. It warmed his heart to see this; Link walked on, his boots making sloshing noises in the grass from the walk to the stone of the steps leading up to the tavern. He didn't ache as badly as he did the night before; amazing what being around Zelda did for him.

He waved at a few villagers as they hung out laundry or went about their morning duties. He noticed the food vendors setting up getting ready for the day. It seemed as though there was no war in this town, but appearances weren't everything. Link walked up the final set of steps reaching the tavern and walked in; a few villagers here and there eating breakfast, some soldiers in the corner talking drinking coffee. Link saw the captain of the guard, Larasha, a huge man, bigger than Link with no less of a bearing of a man that deserved his respect and admiration. Link walked up to him and tapped him gently on the shoulder and was met with a mustached face
"Good morning Link. You look a little under-dressed for battle?”
Link nodded and spoke to him. "I won't be joining you for the next few days, something important has come up."
The Captain looked at Link. "You have not been missing ever since the war started. It must be rather important if you won't be here."
Link nodded to him meeting is gaze. "More than you know."
The captain raised an eyebrow to that. "I trust you Link, but who will lead?"
Link smiled a bit. "You. I trust you and Darunia. He will be here within the hour I would guess with over one thousand Gorons. I trust you both," Link said and began to walk off. "I will return in a few days, I promise.”
The captain nodded and went back to eating as Link walked out of the tavern and slowly back to the house.