Status: This is from a roleplay a friend and I did ^_^ quite proud of the work. We are still currently roleplaying this story, so I will update whenever I have a new batch done.

Link's Trial

5

He let her guide him from the door to the chair, wishing he could have held her a little longer; but now, he needed to speak to the princess, his ruler. “Zelda, it seems that the Zoras have blocked them from Lake Hylia and as you well know, the Gorons have held their ground. And the Deku tree has kept them from going into the Kokiri Village and the forest. But, the rest of Hyrule lies in waste…” He took the sword and shield off his back and placed them against the table. As he slid the tunic off, even his chainmail was damaged. He took a drink from a cup that was on the table. “For now, the Lizalfos and barbarians from old Hyrule have sunk back into the dessert. I gathered a few of our men and women, and Gerudos that survived, along with the Sheikah, and had them retreat into the forest.” He leaned back against the chair and looked at her, worry on her face. “We are holding the line near Lon-Lon Ranch but not making any progress. It’s like they are not human…” He lowered his head and stared at the floor, unsure of how to make her feel about this war.