The Ocean

The Ocean

The ocean is a hard environment to describe without constant repetition. The water starts to look the same after the first couple of waves and the sand never really changes. The beach is a cyclical being constantly going through the same motions. The water rolls itself up into a wall of blue green with a white foaming crest. It waits until the last minute before breaking onto the shore sending that bubbling white water over the shore. The white foam turns the tan sand into dark brown mud, and reclaiming some of it as the water rushes back. The rocks around the water that are grey and unappealing when dry reveal their colors once bathed in the salty sea. The sea changes with the day, as the sky intensifies so does the sea. It will start off a pale aquamarine and throughout the day change to a deeper hue finally resting at night in a shade of indigo. This will all cycle around when the sun rises the next day. It becomes boring after sitting and watch, waiting for something else to happen. For something to change, for a sea creature to meet an unfortunate fate washing up on the beach. The sounds of the beach remain stagnant as well, always the same tone. Crashing upon rocks and brushing up against sand, the tiny pebbles rolling against each other making faint clacking. Whatever remnants of pebble thrown against larger rocks when the waves crash around them, a slight scraping.