Status: Just starting out.

Hey Girl

Lettin' the Night Roll

The following day Avery and I spent our time relaxing at the pool and we spent our time reminiscing about the previous night. Eventually our conversation turned to Tyler's get together that we were invited to later that evening. I was excited to meet more guys from the team, but I was also nervous. More importantly, I was looking forward to seeing Tyler again and that worried me. The last time I felt like this with a guy, I ended up with my heart broken.

"Who do you think is going to be there?" Avery asked, pulling my thoughts away from the past.
I shrugged and adjusted my sunglasses. "I don't know."

"I hope Val is!"

I shook my head at my best friend. Her obsession with the Russian rookie was a bit much. "Maybe. I hope he is too. That kid is adorable."

"I'll be sure to tell him you think so." A voice said from behind our chairs. With a gasp Avery and I both spun around to see who it was. We were greeted by the smiling face of Tyler Seguin.

I found myself smiling as I took in his simple shorts and v-neck combo. "What are you doing here?" I asked, removing my sunglasses.

"I was in the neighborhood and you weren't answering my texts, so I thought I'd stop by." He grinned.

I grabbed my phone out of my bag and saw that I did, in fact, have a text from Tyler. "Was there a reason you were texting me?"

"I wanted to see if you two wanted a ride to my place. A cab ride would be expensive."

"I appreciate the offer, but we are obviously nowhere near ready to leave." I said gesturing to my bathing suit.

Tyler shrugged. "Wear that and by ‘wear that’, I mean throw something over top. I have a pool that will be used and there is also a hot tub." He looked down at his watch. "Plus, we still have 2 hours before I have to swing by and pick up Chubbs and Darth."

Avery choked on her water. "Oh my god, you actually call him that?" She asked excited.

Tyler nodded and I chuckled. "You realize that she is going to use that against him right?"

"Good." He chuckled. "Now, are you ladies thoroughly sun kissed? We are on a schedule here."
Avery and I laughed and began gathering our things and led Tyler back to our room.

"I just want to wash off some of this sunscreen." Avery said heading for the bathroom.

"Make yourself comfortable." I told Tyler when we were alone. As Avery showered, Tyler and I talked and he told me that he had a chance to talk to his sisters. He also told me that he may have let it slip that he had met a girl. This news had me blushing and panicking all at the same time.

"So you told them about me?" I asked, slightly embarrassed.

Tyler nodded. "You kinda just came up because Candace asked how my night was. I told her everything and she said that she needs to meet you."

"She did not. We just met, she can't know I meant well."

"Yes she did. Candace is the most skeptical person in my life. I trust her when it comes to reading people."

"That doesn't mean she knows or trusts me." I stated.

"That's why she wants to meet you." Tyler grabbed my wrist as I walked past him again. "Hannah, relax. You're not meeting her today, just somewhere in the future."

"Future?" I asked out loud before I could stop myself.

Tyler nodded with a smile. "Yeah. I'm hoping we can be friends. I like you, Hannah."
"You want to be friends with me?"

"We talked about this last night. When I'm with you, I'm just Tyler. Not the hockey playing douche that others see."

I smiled at him. "I'd like being friends."

"Great." He beamed. "So are you excited to meet some of the guys?"

"Nervous is more like it. I may be the one needing the liquid courage to get through today."

Tyler laughed. "You'll be fine. You handled Jamie and I fine yesterday."

"That was just two of you. Today is I don't know how many of ya'll"
Avery walked out of the bathroom in an orange floral dress. "We're both nervous." She smiled, fixing her hair.

"Everything will be fine. The guys will love you. Now, are we ready?"

"Let me just throw on my dress." I went to my suitcase and pulled out a black and purple strapless sundress that I loved. I quickly fixed my make-up and hair before re-joining Tyler and Avery in the room.

"I love that dress!" Avery exclaimed.

"Thanks! I've had it for a few years and it's my favorite."

"It looks good on you, Hannah." Tyler commented.

"Thanks." I blushed.

The three of us left the hotel and Avery and I followed Tyler to his car. We filled the drive to Jamie and his brother's apartment with talk and singing on Avery and my part. After picking up the Benn brothers, we were on our way to Tyler's place. When we arrived, Freddy was waiting with a beautiful dog in the front yard.

"Is that Marshall?" I asked, excited.

Tyler smiled. "That's my boy."

"He's beautiful. Way more beautiful than the pictures I've seen of him."

"Thanks. Come meet him." Tyler helped me out of the car and led me to the dog. "Marshall, come." He commanded and Marshall obeyed his owner. "Sit"

"He listens so well."

Tyler simply nodded and went to pet Marshall, but he wasn't having any of that. The dog dodged his owner and came right over to me and gave me a puppy grin. With my own smile, I reached my hand and allowed the lab to sniff my hand. Marshall gave it one sniff before licking it. With a giggle, I scratched the dog behind his ears.

"He is so easy." Tyler chuckled.

"It's allowed. He's adorable."

"Hannah! You're giving Marshall all your attention, there are others who want it." Freddy cried from the porch.

"So needy!" I teased before making my way to him and giving him a hug. "Hi Freddy. How are you today?"

"I'm better now that you're here." He winked. "Ty couldn't wait for you to get here."

"Hence the pickup, eh?"

Freddy nodded. "Hence the pickup”

Freddy and I continued to talk on the front porch as more people began to show up and I couldn't stop laughing. Freddy seemed to know how to keep someone's mind off of things. Which at the time, I didn’t realize I needed but it was appreciated. While he also can distract, he can also party and Tyler's past proved that. I could tell that he meant well though. He loved Tyler and the rest of their friends from back home.

"I'm going to go see if Tyler needs help with anything. I'll come find you in a little bit." Freddy said, getting up and placing a light kiss on my cheek.

"Take your time." I smiled.

While Freddy went inside, I stayed on the porch with Marshall who has not left my side. Absentmindedly I began to pet him and take in the area where Tyler lived. It was secluded and beautiful, but not too far from the city and the rink. The house itself was beautiful even though I have yet to take a step inside.

"Han?" Avery's voice pulled me out of my thoughts. "Tyler's looking for you. He wants to introduce you to some of the guys."

I looked at my best friend and saw the smile on her face. "You look like you're coming out of your shell." I smiled

Avery nodded. "I am. The guys are so nice and Jamie had barely left my side. When he does Jordie is there to take his place. Plus the guys are so nice and welcoming." She sat down next to me. "I'm surprised you're not already in there wooing everyone."

I shrugged. "I was talking to Freddy out here and then got distracted by my surroundings. I didn't mean to be antisocial."

Avery stood up and grabbed my hand, pulling me up as well. "Come on. Stop thinking so hard, because I know that is what you’re doing. Go inside, get a drink, and hang out with Tyler. How often do you get to hang out with a group of professional athletes?” She smiled.

I laughed as I followed my best friend into the house. Just as I suspected, Tyler’s house was beautiful even if it was an evident bachelor’s pad. I noticed the wide open floor plan and all the windows. It was clear Tyler loved the view as much as I did. As soon as Tyler spotted me, I was being introduced to those whom I haven’t met. I was quickly accepted and joined into the many conversations around me with ease.

**
After spending a few hours inside, I found myself outside once again, this time by the pool with my feet in the water. Avery and I were heading back home in two days and I wasn't looking forward to it. I have really enjoyed our time here in the South, especially since we made new and unexpected friends. That made me wonder, would Tyler and I stay in touch after we left? Were we simply lucky to have run into them the previous night and this would be the last time we saw Tyler and Jamie?
I was so caught up in my thoughts that I didn't hear someone come outside or even make their way towards me until they took a seat next to me. An already familiar scent hit me and I knew it was Tyler, causing me to smile.

"Why are you out here all alone?" He asked quietly.

I sighed, leaning back on my elbows. "I leave in two days." I whispered, glancing over at the boy next to me. "I'm not ready to leave."

Tyler followed my actions and looked over at me. "Honestly, I'm not ready for you to leave either. We just met and I want to get to know you more, Hannah."

I sighed, trying to keep the sadness at bay. "I'd like to get to know you more too. Thank god for modern technology." I giggled.

With a chuckle Tyler bumped his shoulder into mine. We were quiet for a few minutes before he spoke again. "Come to the game tomorrow because we leave early the next day for a road trip and I'd like to see you one last time before you left."

"I didn't pack anything for a hockey game." I sighed. "But I’ll be there." I said, unable to turn him down and the chance to go to a game.
"Sweet." He smiled.

Tyler and I hung out by the pool for what seemed like just a few minutes but were really hours. Before we knew it Tyler's teammates were leaving and soon it was just Freddy, the Benn brothers, Avery, and I left at the house.

"Before you get too tired, we need a lift back to our hotel." Avery said from her spot next to Jamie on Tyler's amazing leather couch where she plopped herself once we all finished cleaning up.

"Yeah and Jordie and I do too. Unless we swing by before morning skate." Jamie added with a yawn.

"Why don't you and Hannah just crash here?" Tyler suggested. “I can drop you off at your hotel after I drop them off." He nodded towards Jamie and Jordie.

Avery looked at me and I gave her a tired shrug. Not moving sounded perfect to me.
"We can deal with that." Avery said, sinking lower on the couch.

Guest rooms were quickly claimed, but not without a fight. Jordie and Jamie tried to give up their rooms to Avery and me, but we would not let them. The Benn brothers quickly realized how stubborn Avery and I could be.

“Are you two sure you’re okay out here?” Jamie asked, looking down at Avery and back over to me.
I sighed with a smile on my face. “Yes, Chubbs, we’re fine for the hundredth time.” I giggled at the captain’s blush. “Plus, this couch is a thousand times more comfortable than the beds at the hotel.”

“Jamie, we’re fine.” Avery added. “You and Jordi are the ones who have to play a hockey game tomorrow. Not us.”

“That you’re coming to right?”

“Yes. We will be there. Now go get some sleep.”

Reluctantly, Jamie walked down the hallway to the room where he was spending the night. With a chuckle I looked at Avery who had a dreamy smile on her lips. With an eye roll and a smile of my own, I looked over at Tyler.

“Tyler, do you happen to have a shirt or something I could sleep in?” I asked, looking down at my dress and cursing myself for not bringing a change of clothes.

He nodded. “A, do you need something as well?”

“Yes please!”

Tyler went to his room and as soon as he was out of ear shot, Freddy was all over the situation. He glanced between the two of us with a smile. “So why are you two sleeping out here?” When the two of us gave him a confused look he continued. “Jamie was practically begging for you to take the bed or offer to share it.” He winked at Avery before turning his attention to me. “And you.” He pointed at me. “Asking Tyler for clothes. I see you.”

Avery and I couldn’t contain our laughter at Tyler’s friend’s antics. He seemed to be very supporting of the possibility of something happening between us and the boys. Avery told me about the situation with Jamie at the bar after Tyler and I left and how Freddy was trying to get Avery to rescue Jamie from a clinger. Now here he was pointing things out to us about how the guys have been acting and everything we do around them.

I was about to answer him when Tyler returned with shirts and pants for Avery and I. “One of you can use my room to change into while the other uses the bathroom if you’d like.” Tyler said handing us the articles of clothing.

Before I could even move, Avery was off the couch and in the bathroom. Mentally I cursed the girl as I turned to our host. “Guess that means I need to use your room.” I chuckled.

Tyler led me down the hallway and up a flight of stairs. “I didn’t say this earlier, but your house is beautiful.”

Tyler smiled back at me. “Thanks, I actually bought it off of Mike Modano.”

“Did you really? That’s pretty neat. Probably a lot less hassle than going around looking for a place eh?”
Tyler laughed. “You used “eh” again.” I stuck my tongue out at him and he laughed harder.
“But yes, it was a lot easier. He didn’t offer it to me until I had a few hits and misses beforehand.”
“That was still nice of him. He could have just put it on the market.” We stopped at one of the last doors in the hallway and I assumed it was Tyler’s room. “So does this mean you expect to stay down here for a while?”
Tyler sighed. “I think so. I like it here and have finally started calling Dallas home. I like the area and the organization. I’ve been playing some of my best hockey down here, so that is a huge consideration when it comes to things.”

“I sense a ‘but’ in there somewhere.” I said softly.

He sighed again and went into the room. Just like I thought it was indeed his room. I took a look around and saw this space was much more lived in, which is to be expected. There were pictures of him and his sisters on his night stand. There were also pictures with friends and his parents. His bed was made up with a soft looking, black comforter and the walls were a light gray color.

When I looked back at Tyler he was looking back at me. “Why are you so easy to talk to?” He asked quietly, pulling me into him. Not sure how to answer him, I simply shrugged. My sense were filled with everything Tyler. His scent was all around me and filling my head while his warm, muscular body was keeping me warm in his air conditioned room.

“So are you going to tell me what’s bothering you?” I asked quietly.

“It’s the same thing as last night. I miss Boston. It’s hard to call another place home after becoming so accustomed to one place. I know I’ll love it down here, hell I’m already falling in love with it. It’s just going to take time.”

I nodded. “Everything about this is going to take time. I know it’s not easy being uprooted so unexpectedly. You’ve adjusted and you will continue to do so. Boston will always be a part of you. You’re career started there and you have friends there. You’re lucky that you can visit when you want and you go there a couple of times out of the year to play so that’s a plus.” I looked up at him and got lost in his brown eyes. “You have a great future ahead of you, Tyler. Just keep doing what you’ve been doing and it will only get better.”

“Once again, you know what to say.” He said softly. The two of us were quiet for a minute or two before a shiver passed through me and Tyler pulled away. “Are you cold?”

“A little.” I answered with a laugh. “Crazy, right? It’s Texas I shouldn’t be cold.”

Tyler smile sheepishly. “I have a tendency to keep my air cooler than normal. I’m so use to the cold that it doesn’t bother me. My sisters hate it when they come to visit.” He walked over to his closet and pulled out a hoodie. “Here, wear this and I’ll grab you a pair of sweats instead of the shorts.”

“You don’t need to do that.” My protest fell on deaf ears as he went through his drawers and produced a pair of sweatpants. I smiled my thanks to him. “Thank you.”

“I’ll let you change.”

When he left the room, I quickly pulled my dress over my head and looked down at my bathing suit, wishing I had real underwear. I stepped into Tyler’s pants and laughed when I saw how long they were on my. After a few rolls of the waistband and the pant legs, they were finally at a safe length for me. I pulled the hoodie over my head and was instantly engulfed in Tyler’s scent. It was a smell that was becoming familiar and comforting very quickly. That was something that scared me a little bit. How could something as small as the way someone smelled have such an impact so soon?

There was a light knock on the door, pulling me from my thoughts. Tyler stuck his head in and smiled when he saw me standing in the middle of the room. “So everyone is already asleep and Avery is not in the living room. I’m think Jamie snagged her.” He grinned.

“Or she just went in there on her own accord. Freddy will love that in the morning.” I laughed not realizing that I was going to have to sleep in a strange living room by myself. Suddenly I wasn’t so okay with it.

“You and Fred really seem to be getting along.”

I nodded and stifled a yawn. “He’s a great guy. So full of energy and real easy to talk to.”

Tyler nodded in agreement. “One of the reasons we’re friends. He’s a no bullshit kind of guy. Just what I need in my life.” As he was talking Tyler turned down his bed and switched his shorts for sleep pants, causing me to blush.

“I’ll let you get some sleep.” I said, walking towards the door. “Don’t worry about waking me up in the morning. Especially since I have to be up at the same time you do.”

“Just stay in here tonight. I know how awkward it can be to stay at someone’s house and then have to sleep alone in their living room.”

I shook my head. “I’ll be fine, Tyler. You need your sleep and you don’t need some random person in your bed.” I blushed at my words and hoped he wasn’t offended.

“You’re not a random person, Hannah. You’re my friend. Now turn the light off and get in the bed.” He said with a stern yet still friendly tone.

“If you’re sure….” I trialed off hesitantly.

“Hannah…” He warned. “Don’t make me come over there and force you into the bed.” He paused. “That came out wrong.”

I laughed and went to turn the light off. Was I really going to do this? Was I really going to share a bed with a guy I just met yesterday? I mean we weren’t having sex, but still. Relax, you’re overthinking this way too much. He’s being nice. Besides A is downstairs with Jamie right now. Neither of you are doing anything scandalous. I told myself. “Fine. But if at any point you aren’t comfortable tell me and I’ll go downstairs.”

“Not going to happen, but okay if that gets you to agree then fine.” He smiled.

With a roll of my eyes, I crawled into bed and made sure to stay on my side. I knew I had a tendency to be a bed hog and I was afraid I was going to take over his bed and then he wouldn’t be able to get a full night’s sleep. Sleep that he needed if he wanted to play well in his game tomorrow.

“Whatever you’re worrying about, stop.”

“It’s really frightening how well you can read me already. Like really frightening.” I said, rolling over to face him.

He smiled down at me. “And this is only day two” he winked. “Seriously, stop worrying. You’re not going to annoy me or anything. Get some sleep, Hannah.”

I sighed. “Okay. Good night Tyler. Thank you for today.”

“Night, Hannah. I’m glad you came.” He wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me closer to him. “Relax” He whispered before he rolled onto his back with his arm still around me.

Relax he says. Easier said than done I am laying in Tyler Segiun’s bed with his arm around me. There was probably a very little chance of me relaxing…or so I thought. I was wrong though, as I laid there and listened to Tyler’s even breathing, I found myself matching his breaths and even scooting a little closer to him and soon enough I was drifting to sleep with all my senses once again being overwhelmed by Tyler.

****

TYLER'S POV

Tyler couldn’t believe it, earlier today Hannah was freaking out about meeting some more of his teammates. Now as he watched her from across the room, she threw her head back with a laugh at something Sergei Gonchar said. She easily relaxed and talked to everyone like she’s known them for forever.

“She’s a great girl.” Rich Peverly, Tyler’s teammate since he was drafted said joining him in his living room.

Tyler couldn’t help but smile at his friend’s words. “She is.” He looked over at the older man. “Can you believe this is only our second day knowing each other?”

Rich gave Tyler a look he was all too familiar with and he was quite sick of seeing. “Two days? Be careful Segs, I don’t want you to get hurt.”

“I appreciate the concern, Pevs, but I’m not worried about Hannah. She knows who I am and what I’ve done and she honestly does not care. She realizes that I’m young and most of all human.”

“Tyler…” Rich trailed off, worried that his twenty-two year old friend was just trying to fill a void. “Just be careful please, for both of your sakes. You’ve only known her two days.”

Tyler sighed and took a sip of his beer. “I know and I’m not going to rush into anything with her. I am just enjoying having another friend outside of hockey, who doesn’t care who I am.”

Rich nodded in understanding. He knew how important it was to have friends outside of your daily life, especially those who didn’t give a crap about the professional athlete aspect of their lives. Rich was about to give his young stall-mate some advice, Avery walked up to the duo.

“I’m sorry to interrupt,” Avery said when she was standing right next to Tyler. “Have you seen Hannah? I’ve looked everywhere for her.”

Tyler glanced over to the spot where she was last standing and sure enough the brunet was not there. “Last I saw her she was talking to Gonch, Goose, and Val over there” He pointed to the direction where she was last seen. He quickly looked around again before glancing down at Avery. “Go enjoy yourself. I’ll go find her.” He excused himself from the conversation and set out to find Hannah.

After a few passes through the house and no sign of the brunette, Tyler took his search outside. As soon as he stepped through the door, he smiled when his eyes landed on the girl. She was sitting on the edge of the pool with her feet in the water. She was oblivious to the groups of people who were standing around the pool. She was also oblivious to how beautiful she was. Tyler decided in that moment that Hannah’s profile in the moonlight was his favorite.

After a few more moments of taking in Hannah, Tyler walked slowly over to the water’s edge and sat down next to her.

"Why are you out here all alone?" He asked quietly, waiting for her response.

Hannah leaned back on her elbows. "I leave in two days." She whispered, looking over at Tyler. "I'm not ready to leave."

Tyler did the same thing, looking up at the sky. "Honestly, I'm not ready for you to leave either. We just met and I want to get to know you more, Hannah."

"I'd like to get to know you more too. Thank god for modern technology." Hannah giggles, causing Tyler to smile despite the sadness he was feeling.

"Come to the game tomorrow because we leave early the next day for a road trip and I'd like to see you one last time before you left." Tyler said after a few moments of silence.

"I didn't pack anything for a hockey game." She sighed. "But I’ll be there."

"Sweet." He smiled.

Tyler and Hannah hung out by the pool for some time and before they knew it, the party was gone and all that was left were Tyler, the girls, Freddy, and the Benn brothers. Everyone was lounging around Tyler's living room, just relaxing.

"Before you get too tired, we need a lift back to our hotel." Avery said from her spot on Tyler's amazing leather couch.

"Yeah and Jordie and I do too. Unless we swing by the house before morning skate." Jamie added with a yawn.

"Why don't you and Hannah just crash here?" Tyler suggested. "I can drop you off at your hotel after I drop them off."

Hannah and Avery shared a look before agreeing to Tyler's offer. Everyone claimed a guest room and when Avery and Hannah offered to sleep in the living room, Jamie protested. Tyler was going to as well, but decided to let his line mate handle it. The guys quickly learned that the best friends were two of the most stubborn girls they have met. After much pleading from Jamie, they finally sent him on his way and Tyler laughed at how easily he listened to Avery. After two days he was already whipped.

"Do you have a shirt or something I could borrow?" Hannah's voice pulled Tyler out of his thoughts.

Tyler smiled. "Yeah I do. A, you need something as well?"

"Yes please" she smiled.

Tyler went up to his room and quickly picked up anything laying in the floor. He threw his dirty laundry into his hamper and his clean clothes went into the closet. Once he straightened up a little bit, he grabbed some pants for each girl and a shirt as well. With a quick look over of his room, Tyler went back downstairs where he could hear the girls and Freddy laughing.

"One of you can use my room while the other uses the bathroom." He said handing each girl some clothes. Before Hannah could even blink, let alone move, Avery bolted for the bathroom.

Hannah chuckled and looked at Tyler. "I guess that means I'm using your room."

Tyler led the way upstairs and the entire way he was nervous, but that nervousness broke when he caught Hannah using "eh" once again. As they got closer to his door, Tyler's nerves came back. He normally didn't care what someone thought of his room, but with Hannah it was different. When he opened the door he tried to see his room from a stranger's perspective. It was defiantly a bachelor’s bedroom, but it also felt homey.

Tyler glanced over at Hannah as she took everything in and he decided that he liked his room a lot better with her in it. The two of them talked a little before Tyler left to let Hannah change. He took the time along to collect himself. They had yet another deep conversation and there was a moment when all Tyler could think about was kissing her again. He would have done it too, if he didn't want to hurt his chances at their friendship.

Tyler went downstairs to make sure the house was locked up and to see if the girls had everything they needed for the night. When he got to the living room the only person who was still in there was Marshall and he was asleep. Tyler chuckled to himself and went about locking up before heading back up to his room.

When he walked into the room he noticed the way Hannah looked in his clothes. She had the waist band of the sweats he gave her rolled up a few times in an attempt to make the length better for her. It didn't work so she had rolled both pant legs up and made the sweats into capris. His shirt nearly swallowed her and he decided in that moment that there was nothing better than seeing Hannah in his clothes.

Once Hannah was changed, the two of them sat on Tyler's bed and continued to talk. Tyler could see Hannah fighting the sleep that was trying to take over, so without a word he turned down his bed and changed himself before laying down.

"I'll let you get some sleep." Hannah said quietly after a few moments of comfortable silence between the new friends.

"Just Stay in here." Tyler said, feeling less confident than he sounded. "Avery snuck off to Jamie's room. I know how awkward it can be to stay at someone’s house and then have to sleep alone in their living room.”

Hannah sat there and thought over the situation. Tyler could see the war, she also fought Tyler on his offer, but after a mild compromise she crawled under the blankets. She was tense though. Tyler didn't know if she didn't want to actually be there and for a brief second he felt guilty that he made her do something she wasn't comfortable with. His worries went out the window when Hannah moved a little closer to him despite trying to stay on the far side of the king size bed.
Tyler reached for her and pulled her even closer. "Relax" he said quietly, eliciting a small chuckle from Hannah.

Little did she know that he was anything but relaxed. Having her in his bed and in his arms was unsettling, but in a good way.
♠ ♠ ♠
I didn't die, I promise! I've been working crazy hours this summer and today was my first day off that I wasn't exhausted. Megan tried to get me to update for a while now, but I've just been too tired. Enough excuses though! I've finally posted and I hope ya'll like it! I hope the longer chapter makes up from my lack of posts.
-Larisa