Status: Just starting out.

Hey Girl

This is that moment you're going to remember for the rest of your life

Things in my life have gotten much better since Spring Break, well except the fact that Dalton went missing for a few days. He was finally home and recovering and I was almost done school for the year. Things between Tyler and I were great despite the distance between us, sure we had our rough patches but we worked through them the best that we could.

Things between Avery and Jamie were a little awkward, it was clear they had feelings for each other, but they refused to do anything about it. Well Avery refused, Jamie was trying everything in his power to break Avery down. I was hoping the trip to Anaheim that Avery and I were on would change that. The two of us had decided that the second the Stars made it to the playoffs, that we were going to be there for our boys. It just so happened that they were matched up against the Ducks and my brother and Brooke were more than happy to have Avery and I stay with them for a couple of days.

Avery and I arrived in San Diego the morning of the Stars’ first game of the series against the Ducks and I couldn’t contain my excitement. I was excited to see my brother since this was the first time I would be seeing him since he returned home from his op a month ago and I was finally going to see Tyler since I got the news of Dalton’s disappearance. I was also excited because I was getting to see a playoff game, it is not every day that one gets to go to a game let alone cheer on her boyfriend and friends.

“LITTLE BIT!” I heard being yelled throughout the airport. Smiling instantly as I recognized Dalton’s voice.

The smile on my face was huge as I tossed my carry-on bag to Avery who was smiling just as much as I was. “D!” I yelled, running towards my brother. As soon as I was in my brother’s arms, I broke down. Every fear I had when he was missing came rushing back to me.

Dalton tightened his hold on me as I sobbed into his chest. “I’m okay. Everything is okay, Hannah.” He whispered, kissing the top of my head. “I’m home.”

I tightened my hold on him, making sure he was really here. “I know, I just need this.” I choked out. I took a deep breath and breathed in his familiar cologne and that alone helped calm me down a little.

Dalton pulled away from me, but kept his hands on my shoulders. “Hey, hey, hey. I needed this too.” He said softly. “You and Brooke were the only things on my mind during everything. You got me through that mess, Hannah.” He paused for a second and tightened his arms around me again. “I’m sorry you had to go through that.”

I smacked his arm. “Don’t you dare apologize, Dalton! It was not your fault! Don’t you dare take the blame on this! These things happen and we all knew that. I’m just happy you’re home and you’re safe.” I placed a kiss on his cheek.

“I am. I’m safe and I’m okay.” He hugged me close. “You and Brooke both told me that you did not go through everything alone and I can’t wait to meet this Tyler guy.” He glanced over my head and smiled. “Hey, A” he said, releasing me and grabbing my best friend. “How are you?”

She hugged my brother back tightly and smiled. “I’m good, how are you?”

Dalton sighed. “Much better now that I’m home and I’ve seen Bit and Brooke.”

Avery frowned. “Yeah, I can only imagine what a mess that was. I was in Florida when she got the call, I felt horrible that I wasn’t there for her.”

“A, I told you not to feel bad.” I said, tears filling my eyes.

Dalton looked between the two of us. “Hey, it’s over and done with. Let’s not dwell on it anymore. I’m home with family and that’s all that matters.” He hugged us both to his sides. “Now, I have a fianceé waiting at home to feed you both and then we have a game to attend.”

I smiled. “I still can’t believe you managed to score tickets for these games. I appreciate it so much, Dalton.”

“Don’t think I don’t have an ulterior motive, I want to meet Tyler.” He glanced over at Avery. “Jamie too. I’ve gotta make sure these guys are okay for my sisters.” He winked.

His statement made Avery laughed and me roll my eyes, always the overprotective big brother. We made our way to baggage claim and then our way to Dalton’s truck. The drive to the neighborhood near the base where Dalton and Brooke lived didn’t take long and the second I was out of the truck, Brooke came running towards me.

“It is so good to see you, Hannah!” She squeezed me tight. “I know Dalton is excited to have you visiting for a little while too.” She turned to Avery. “Avery! I haven’t seen you in forever! How are you, sweetie?”

Like Dalton, Brooke looked at Avery as a sister and treated her the same way she treated me. I loved that my best friend and siblings got along so well and I could only hope they would treat Tyler the same way.

“Are you girls hungry? I made lunch.” Brooke said, leading us into the house.

“I’m starving.” Avery laughed.

“Please tell me you made your taco salad.” Brooke simply smiled, causing Avery and I to cheer.

Brooke is a fantastic cook and living out in California has only expanded her abilities. I’ve always told her that she needed to go to culinary school, but she never seemed to think so. The four of us ate lunch and caught up. We talked about everything, but Dalton’s disappearance. Brooke informed us that they had finally set a date for the wedding and I couldn’t be more thrilled for the two of them. They’ve been engaged for almost two years now and Brooke had a majority of the wedding planned, but they were in no rush to make everything official. I knew what happened to Dalton had everything to do with the sudden choice of a date, but I wasn’t going to say anything.

“Hannah, I want you to be my maid of honor. I know I already asked you to be, but that was a long time ago. I just wanted to make sure you’re still willing to do it?” Brooke asked.

“Of course!” I smiled. “I already told you I would be. I’m so excited for you guys.” I jumped up and hugged Brooke and then Dalton.

“Avery, will you be a bridesmaid?”

Avery beamed at my future sister-in-law. “I would love to! Thank you, Brooke!”

“You two can bring Jamie and Tyler too.” Dalton added, grabbing Brooke’s hand.

“Speaking of those two, do they know you’re going to be at the game tonight?”

“Nope!” I smiled. “We wanted it to be a surprise.”

“But we have to talk to them at some point before the afternoon.” Avery added with a small blush.
Just then my phone chimed with a text and I smiled when I saw the picture of Tyler and Marshall.

From: Tyler S.
Are you busy?

To: Tyler S.
Nope. Just finished lunch. What’s up?

While I waited for a response, I ventured out to the deck, it was my favorite part of Dalton and Brooke’s place. I loved that they lived close to the beach because the sound alone was the most calming thing in the world. The sun was warm and I was having flashbacks to Dallas and how warm the sun was there. I closed my eyes and felt the sun warm my skin, making me smile. Just as I was totally relaxed, my phone rang.

“Hello?”

“You sound like you’re in food coma.” Tyler chuckled, causing me to do so as well.

“Kinda, I ate too much.”

“Chipotle again?”

“No, we had homemade taco salads.” I said, biting my lip.

He laughed and then fell silent for a little bit. I knew he was nervous and waited for him to talk when he was ready. “You’re going to be watching tonight, right?” He asked, finally. ''

I frowned at the slight insecurity in his voice. “You know it. I’ll be cheering extra loud for you.”
Tyler sighed. “I’m nervous about tonight.”

“That’s understandable, but you’ve been there before. Twice actually.” I reassured him.

He sighed again. “I know, but there is just as much pressure on me as there is on Jamie. I may be younger than him, but when it comes to the playoffs I am a veteran. We aren’t the only ones feeling the pressure, the whole organization is. We are all stressing out about this series.”

What Tyler told me was not surprising or news to me. This was the first playoff run in the entire organization’s history. Everyone was feeling the pressure and it was trickling from management to the players, especially Jamie. This was his first season as captain and his first run in the playoffs in general. If anyone had the right to be nervous about these games it was him.

“Tyler listen. You’re not in this alone. You are all going into the game together, as an organization. You can’t dwell on the nerves or pressure because that will lead to mistakes. You just have to go out there and do what you do best.” I didn’t give him a change to respond before continuing “Play with Chubbs.” I giggled.

Tyler laughed. “This is why I call you. You know what to say and how to get my mind off of things.”

I smiled at his words. “I told you when we met that you could always count on me to tell it like it is. Why would I stop now?”

“Please don’t stop. That is one of the things I love about you.”

“No worries, I don’t plan on it.” I said, not letting him on to the way the word ‘love’ made me feel. “How is Jamie holding up?”

“Better now that he’s on the phone with Avery.” He chuckled, making fun of his friend.

I turned around and looked into the house and saw Avery sitting in the family room on the phone. I chuckled to myself when I saw the smile on her face. “We really need to get those two to make it official.”

“Right?!” Tyler exclaimed with a laugh. “I’ve been trying to get him to stop being a little bitch about it, but it’s not working. Maybe her brother needs to go missing. I mean it worked for us.” He teased.

“Low blow, babe.” I laughed, shifting uncomfortably. Even though I knew Dalton was okay, it still made me upset to think about the time when he was missing.

Tyler chuckled softly, causing me to smile. “Speaking of brothers, how is Dalton doing? Have you talked to him lately?”

I sat up straighter. “Yes! He and Brooke set a date finally! You are my plus one and no you don’t have a choice.” I laughed “He is also going to tonight’s game and I’m so jealous!” I lied.

“Give me his number so we can meet up before the game. I want to meet him.” Tyler said, genuinely excited to meet my brother. “Though I wish you were going to be there too. I miss you.”

I frowned. “I miss you too, Tyler. Remember I’ll be cheering for you though.”

“I know, but it’s not the same.”

“I know, babe. As soon as the semester is over I’ll be down to visit you before you head off to Canada.”

Tyler didn’t know that I was planning on traveling down to Texas as soon as I finished finals in a couple of weeks and I knew that was going to brighten his day. We talked for a few more minutes before he declared it nap time. I promised him that I’d text him before the game before we hung up.

“Hannah, why do I have a text from a number saying it’s Tyler Seguin?” Dalton asked, as soon as I walked into the house.

I laughed at my brother. “Because I told him you were going to the game and he wants to meet you beforehand. So be nice and respond to him.”

After Dalton responded to Tyler’s text and got the information he needed, he declared that the four of us would be leaving in the next two hours or so. Avery and I decided to relax and watch a movie before we started to get ready, but I knew we weren’t going to be able to sit still for long. We were both anxious to get to the Honda Center and see our boys.

***Tyler***

Tyler and the rest of the team were getting ready before they hit the ice for warm-ups. Tyler was excited and nervous all at the same time for two different reasons. He was once again about to step foot on the ice for a playoff game and he was about to meet his girlfriend’s brother for the first time.

“Why do you look like you’re about to either shit a brick or pass out?” Jamie asked, coming up to his friend and line mate.

Tyler took a deep breath. “I’m meeting Hannah’s brother before we go out for warm-ups.”
Jamie’s face lit up. “He’s here? Is Hannah?”

Tyler shook his head. “No, man she has school. You know that.” Just then his phone went off from the shelf in his stall. He smiled when he saw the picture he snapped at his house before she left over Spring Break.

From: Hannah
Good luck tonight! Remember to have fun and I’ll be cheering extra loud for you!

She attached a picture of herself in the jersey he gave to her when they first met, when he talked her into going to a game in Dallas two nights before she left.

“She’s good for you.” Jamie said softly, seeing the message Hannah sent him.

Before he could respond, the team’s PR guy walked into the locker room followed by a tall brunette man and a petite brunette woman. “Tyler, you have a guest.”

“You must be Dalton and Brooke!” Tyler said, shaking the couple’s hands. “Hannah has told me a lot about you guys.”

“She’s said a lot about you too, Tyler. It’s great to meet you.” Dalton said. “She’s so mad that I’m here.” He laughed and then turned to Jamie. “You must be Jamie? I’ve heard a lot about you as well. From both Hannah and Avery.”

Jamie shook Dalton’s hand. “I’ve heard lots about you too. I was with Hannah and Tyler after she got the news. Both times. I’m happy to see that you’re home and okay”

Dalton nodded. “I heard. I want to thank you.” He looked at Tyler. “Both of you for taking good care of my sisters. I came here with every intention of being the intimidating big brother, but I can see that you guys are good people and good with my girls. That’s all I care about.”

Brooke laughed at her fiancé. “Easy, babe. Hannah will murder you.” She glanced at Tyler. “I’m assuming Hannah told you, but I want to invite you personally. We’ve set a date and we would love if you and Jamie both came to the wedding. The girls will be in it, but you are still welcome.”

Tyler smiled. “She did tell me and I’ll be there. Congratulations by the way.” He smiled at the two of them.

Jamie looked at the clock in the room and sighed. “I hate to break this up, but we need to finish getting ready. Warm-ups are in ten minutes.” He turned to Dalton and Brooke. “Come back down after the game. I would love to talk to you guys some more.”

Dalton nodded. “Thanks, man. We will.” He looked at Tyler. “Let’s take a picture and send it to Bit.”
Tyler quickly agreed and laughed as Brooke chided the two of them for picking on Hannah, but she snapped the picture anyway, claiming she was not coming to their funerals. ‘Good luck’s were sent around and Tyler smiled as the two of them made their way out of the locker room. He took a big step in meeting Hannah’s brother, but he was glad that it went as well as it did and he was looking forward to meeting up with him after the game.

Now that Tyler got the initial meeting of Dalton out of the way, he was ready for the game. The team lined up and made their way to the ice like they did for every game and Tyler felt his nerves spike, but quickly turn into excitement. The energy in the arena was electric, fans were screaming and cheering and Tyler was quiet surprised to see so many Kelly green jerseys in the crowd.

The team skated around the ice a few times before they started their warm-up rituals and stretches. Tyler took this time to glance around the rink and taking in the crowd. Tyler quickly spotted Dalton and Brooke, but that’s not what caught his eye. What caught his eye was the girl wearing his jersey and a Stars hat, standing next to Dalton. He continued to stare at the girl who had yet to notice him, she was laughing with the girl standing to her right who also had a Stars hat on, but was wearing Jamie’s number. Then she turned her head just enough and Tyler caught her eye. He would know those eyes anywhere. Tyler quickly got up and skated behind Kari and body slammed the glass right in front of her. He turned to face her and smiled when he saw she had removed the hat.

“Hi” he mouthed to her.

“Hi.” She smiled.

Jamie noticed Tyler standing by the back of the net, facing the crowd. When he got closer to Tyler, he understood why. He sent a wave to the girl who had captured his friend’s heart before turning to the girl who stole his. He smiled and sent her a wink, causing her to blush and giggle. The boys sent everyone a wave before taking part in warm ups. When they were done and back in the locker room, Tyler checked his phone.

From: Hannah
I told you I’d be cheering for you. Now go kick some Duck ass!

I love you Tyler thought to himself before quickly responding to her.

To: Hannah
You are the best! Just knowing you’re here makes this so much better. Come down after the game.

Tyler looked over at Jamie who was also on his phone and was smiling just as much as Tyler was. They were ready for this. The team took the ice again and Tyler was filled with a whole new feeling.

“Let’s do this, boys!” he yelled as his teammates flooded the ice.

The 2014 playoffs were officially underway.

**Hannah**

I was excited to be at the game, but what I didn’t expect was the feelings that took over when I saw Tyler during warm-ups. His reaction will be with me for a long time, to see his eyes grow with excitement and the smile to nearly split his face in two. Win or lose, that look of pure joy on his face will be the highlight of the game.

The Ducks took a three nothing lead in the first period and I was quickly wondering if Tyler’s excitement was going to be the only highlight. Avery and I never voiced our concern, but it was there and you could see it on the ice as well. Things weren’t looking any better in the second period, until the Stars went on the power play thanks to the Ducks taking a too many men penalty. I took a deep breath and looked at Avery who was holding her breath too. Just as I was about to say something, Avery screamed and jumped up nearly taking my arm off.

“THAT’S MY BABY!” She yelled.

“DID HE JUST SCORE?!” I yelled at the same time.

Avery was nearly in tears as she continued to cheer for Jamie and I couldn’t help but smile as he skated past us and looked over to her. I glanced over at Brooke who was smiling just as much as I was when we noticed Jamie. The excitement didn’t die down there, nearly two minutes later Colton Sceviour scored the second goal for Dallas. When the third period started all the Dallas fans in the building were re-energized and a goal by Tyler added to the excitement. Unfortunately for the Stars’ and their effort, they fell to the Ducks by one goal.

“That was one hell of a game.” Dalton said as the crowd thinned out and we waited to head down to the locker room.

I was bouncing in my seat as I kept checking my phone. “It was, especially the last few minutes of the second and third. I seriously thought they were going to tie it up.”

“I would have died.” Avery said.

Brooke and Dalton chuckled. “I’m pretty sure you already did when Jamie scored.” Brooke pointed out.

Avery’s eyes lit up. “It was his first career playoff goal and point!” She exclaimed. “That causes for excitement and death.” I laughed at my best friend.

“I wouldn’t be laughing, Bit. You freaked out when Tyler scored.” Dalton pointed out.

I blushed and declared that it was time to head down to the locker room because I knew it was true. I did cheer just as much for Tyler as Avery did for Jamie. There was something about watching someone you care about scoring a big goal in a game they love.

When the four of us made it down to the family lounge, Avery and I were greeted by the wives that made the trip to Anaheim. I introduced them to Dalton and Brooke and when the women noticed Brooke’s ring, they quickly started asking questions and providing some insight. I smiled at how quickly these people accepted me and my family. I could easily see how Tyler was quickly taken under someone’s wing and why he loved it here.

“Hannah!” I turned from my conversation with Alex Gologoski’s wife and found Rich Peverly standing there. He opened his arms and I quickly walked into his embrace. “How are you, sweetheart?”

“I’m good, Rich! How are you?”

“I’m doing well. I’d be better if they would have won…or I was out there with them.” He shrugged.

I nodded in agreement. I noticed my brother watching me from over Rich’s shoulder and called him over. “Rich, I’d like you to meet my brother Dalton. Dalton, this is Rich Peverly, he has been with Tyler since he joined the NHL.”

“Rich? You talked to Michael last month, didn’t you?”

Rich nodded. “Yeah, that was the first time I met Hannah. If I looked like she did when she passed out when I collapsed on the bench, now I know why everyone freaked out.”

I smacked his arm. “Do not say that! That was the scariest moment I’ve ever seen.”

Dalton nodded. “I saw that game, that was frightening and I’ve seen some scary shit over there.”

Rich nodded, but we quickly changed the subject. As Rich and Dalton continued to talk, I walked over to Avery and the two of us waited not so patiently for Jamie and Tyler to come out.

“Hannah! Avery!” came from the direction of the locker room. The two of turned and saw the older Benn brother making his way towards us. “Man, am I happy to see you two!” He exclaimed, wrapping us in a hug. “How are you girls?”

I chuckled. “We’re good, Jordie. How are you? You had a pretty good game, sucks you guys couldn’t get that tying goal.” I frowned.

He shrugged. “It sucks, but it’s only the first game. Now we know what to expect when we play on Sunday. Things are better now that you two are here.” He winked. “Did Tyler and Jay know you two were going to be here?”

Avery shook her head. “Nope. Only Dalton and Brooke knew.”

Jordie smiled. “Well, I know they will be thrilled as fuck to see you.” He glanced over the two of us and smiled. Before I could question him, a pair of arms wrapped around my waist. I squealed and laughed as Tyler chuckled as well as he placed me back on my feet. I quickly spun around and everything I was feeling when I saw him on the ice came back and almost made me weak.

“Hi.” I whispered.

Tyler didn’t answer, instead he wrapped his arms around me and kissed me, not caring that we were in a room of people. I too didn’t care as I wrapped my arms around him as well, stepping closer to him. He deepened the kiss until someone cleared their throat. When we pulled apart, we were greeted by a smirking Avery.

“Hate to break up this public display of affection, but is Jamie coming out soon?” She asked Tyler, causing him to chuckle.

“Yes, he will be out soon. There was a lot of press in there for him tonight. He should be out soon.”

Satisfied with the answer, Avery joined Brooke and Dalton who were talking to Val. I turned back to Tyler and buried my face in his chest, taking in the scent of his soap and Axe. He pressed a kiss to the top of my head.

“Hi.” He finally said, causing me to laugh. “I seriously can’t believe you’re here. You are fucking amazing.”

I looked up at him and smiled. “I’m so glad I was able to keep this a surprise. There were so many times I almost slipped. Toady was brutal.” I groaned.
He leaned down and kissed me again. “I’m glad you were able to keep it. It was one of the best surprises ever.”

I smiled at him and hugged him again. “Do you have any plans tonight?” I asked, hoping for a ‘no’

Tyler nodded and I tried not to show my disappointment. “I’m spemding time with my amazing girlfriend.” He winked.

“Seriously?”

“Yep. I haven’t seen you in forever and we have a day off tomorrow. So I’m spending time with you.”

I kissed his cheek. “I’m going to tell Dalton.” I told him.

I walked across the room to where Dalton and Brooke were sitting on the couch, talking to one another. “You’re not coming home tonight are you?” He asked, not even looking up at me.

I blushed and shook my head no. “No, Tyler wants to hang out.”

Dalton stood up and wrapped me up in a hug and placed a kiss on the top of my head. “He’s good for you Hannah. It’s clear how much he means to you and how much you care about him. Same with him.”

“Does that mean you approve?” I asked, biting my lip.

He nodded. “I do.” Once again I threw my arms around my brother because his approval meant everything to me. More than our father’s approval did. “Go have fun and call me in the morning if you need a ride home.” He winked.

Dalton chuckled and glanced over my head. “Looks like Avery found Jamie.”

Curious, I turned around and saw my best friend in the arms of the captain. Oblivious to everyone else in the room, the two of them talked between themselves. Then, it happened. Jamie leaned down and kissed Avery.

“FINALLY!” Jordie, Tyler, a few teammates, and myself all yelled in unison, drawling not only the couple’s attention, but the remaining people in the lounge. Both Avery and Jamie blushed a deep red, causing the rest of us to chuckle. Once the excitement died down around Avery and Jamie, the remaining players began loading the bus.

“I’ll meet you at the hotel.” I told Tyler.

He kissed me again. “See you soon.”

I dragged Avery away from Jamie, telling him that will would be at the hotel when they got there. The two of us joined Brooke and my brother who were waiting for us. Brooke sent both of us a smile.

“I’m happy for you two. Tyler and Jamie are great guys and it is clear they love you both.”

My pulse spiked at Brooke’s words and pair that with the reaction I had earlier and I knew I felt strongly about Tyler, but I don’t know if I would call it love. I glanced at Avery and saw a very similar look of panic on her face. I took a deep breath and just focused on seeing Tyler again.

***


When Dalton dropped Avery and I off, the team’s bus was just pulling up. Tyler was one of the first players off and he walked right over to us.

“Does she have to be home anytime tomorrow?” He asked, wrapping an arm around my waist. I rolled my eyes at him, but waited for Dalton’s reply.

“No later than noon.” He started Tyler down before cracking a smile. “No. Whenever, is fine.”

Brooke leaned over Dalton’s lap. “Dinner is at our place tomorrow. You, Jamie, and Jordie, are invited as well.” I couldn’t help but smile at the invitation. That meant that Brooke and Dalton truly did approve of Jamie and Tyler.

Tyler smiled. “Thanks. I’ll be sure to let them know.”

“Alright kids. You have fun and we’ll see you tomorrow.” Dalton said, pulling away from the curb.

I glanced up at Tyler and smiled. “So, what’s the plan?”

“You, me, room service, and my bed.” He smirked.

I looked over at Jamie and Avery who were already walking into the hotel. “What about them?”

Tyler smirked again. “Jamie and I flipped for the room. Loser had to get another one for the night.”

I was glad that the guys figured things out before Avery and I got to the hotel. No matter how much I loved my best friend, there was nothing more that I wanted than alone time with my boyfriend and I’m sure she felt the same way.

Tyler and I followed the rest of the players into the hotel and hopped into an elevator with Jordie and Cody Eakin who were quick to pick on Tyler and I as we rode up to the floor where the team was situated. When we reached his room, Tyler smiled down at me.

“I’m so happy you’re here. I missed you so much” He said, unlocking the door and melting my heart simultaneously.

I knew as soon as I saw him on the ice tonight, that I missed him like crazy. Then when I was in his arms after the game, my feelings practically tripled. Now that I am alone with him, it was overwhelming. Suddenly tears were burning my eyes.

Tyler quickly caught on to my sudden mood change. “Hannah, what’s wrong?” He asked, concerned. When I simply shook my head trying to control my emotions, Tyler became more worried. “Babe, what’s wrong? Talk to me.”

I took a deep breath. “I just got so overwhelmed with how much I actually missed you.” Tears once again burned my eyes when I thought about being away from him. “I mean I knew I missed you, but seeing you and being here with you just solidified my feelings for you and everything just crashed down on me at once.”

Tyler didn’t say a word, he simply walked over to me and pulled me into his arms. I wrapped my arms around his waist and buried my head into his chest, inhaling his scent once again. Instantly I calmed down when I was surrounded by him. After some time together, Tyler pulled away and wiped away the few tears that escaped.

“You are so beautiful.” He whispered, causing me to blush. “You are and I’m so happy you’re mine.” He grinned at his own cheesiness. “I’ve missed you just as much. I have no words to describe how I felt when I saw you standing at the glass tonight. That was the best surprise ever and you are absolutely amazing for coming here.” He kissed me deeply. “Not only did you talk me down earlier, but you flew half way across the country to cheer me on.” Tyler took a deep breath. “I love you for that. I love how much you support me, even when you aren’t at the game. I love how you’re always there for me when I need you. I love how you can be childish around me.” He kissed my nose, causing me to giggle through the tears that were running down my face once again. Tyler happily wiped them away with a smile on his face. “I love you, Hannah and I don’t think I realized how much until tonight.”

I couldn’t speak. All the emotions I had during warm-ups came rushing back to me at full force, I nearly collapsed from them. I finally had a name for these feelings, love. I love Tyler. But that didn’t stop the fear that rose with the realization that I was in love with him.

“Do you really?” I caught myself asking. “Even though I live hours away and we don’t get to see each other as often as we like to? Even though I still have another year left of school…another year of the distance?” Why was I asking this? Shut up, Hannah. I knew how I felt about him and what I wanted to say to him, so why?

Tyler nodded, oblivious to my internal tornado of emotions. “Even through the distance. We may not get to see each other all the time, but it’s the little surprises like this that make it worthwhile.”

“How long do you think we can keep this up? The distance?”

“Hannah, why are you so hung up on this?”

“Because I love you and I don’t want to put my heart out there and something happen. I don’t want to leave you when Avery and I go back to school. I can’t take being away from you!” I practically yelled, once again in tears. I knew I was being mildly dramatic, but just the thought of going back to Detroit in a couple of days was killing me. When Avery and I planned this trip, I didn’t expect the want to stay with Tyler to be this strong.

“Hannah” Tyler cooed, pulling me into his chest again. “We will work this out, I promise. It sucks right now, but as long as we make the best of it, everything will work out. You just have to have faith.”

“I don’t want to leave.” I whined, causing Tyler to chuckle.

“Well it’s a good thing I’m in town for the next two days.” He winked. “Don’t worry, baby. We will make this work. Even if I have to spend my entire summer living in your apartment.” He teased.

I laughed, hugging him tightly. “I love you, Tyler.”

“I love you, too Hannah.” He whispered, kissing me sweetly but the moment was ruined by our growling stomachs, causing us to laugh.

“Let’s order some food.” I declared, reaching for the room service menu.

Once our food was ordered, Tyler gave me a pair of sweats to change into while he changed out of his suit. When we were both comfy, we searched a movie to start while we waited for our food. When we couldn’t find anything, Tyler jumped out of bed and pulled a few cases and his laptop out of his flight bag. I laughed when I noticed the familiar red case of Criminal Minds.

“We’re going to start from season one and we’re going to watch as many episodes as we can while we’re together. Then when we’re together again, we’re going to pick up from where we left off.” He declared, putting the first disc in. “And I promise I won’t jump ahead.” He winked with his signature, goofy grin that I loved.

“That sounds like a pretty good idea to me.” I smiled, snuggling into his side once he got settled.

We got through half of the first episode when our food arrived, which Tyler happily jumped out of bed to get. It was nothing fancy, just a BLT for me and a grilled chicken sandwich for him. We quickly finished our meal and slipped back under the covers with the lights out. Tyler placed a kiss on the top of my head as I cuddled into his side once again. Between the long and emotional day as well as the warmth Tyler was radiating, I was slowly drifting to sleep.

Making this trip was the best decision Avery and I have had. Was the last thought I had before Tyler’s heartbeat and even breathing lulled me even further into sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey All!

I am so sorry for the delay between updates. I've had this chapter written for some time, but I was never 100% satisfied with it. After a few hours of editing, I think I like it better now. Life is still kicking my butt and lots has happened since I last posted a chapter. Finals are next week and then summer!! Hopefully Megan and I will be able to update a bit more regularly!

Anyway! Tyler and Hannah said the "L" word and Jamie and Avery are official....kinda/sorta. I can't wait to see what Megan has in store for those two!

Thanks for sticking with us!!