Thanks for the Memories

1

My eyes were blinded by a strange light coming through the window. I sat up and looked towards the light. I saw a figure with a halo and wings. I couldn't make out who it was. I finally saw their face. It was that girl. The girl from the park.

"Hello," She stood in my room, looking around my things. An angel? She's an angel? Not possible. Don't they live in heaven? Aren't they up there taking with Jesus or something?

"Y-you're an a-angel?" I stuttered. She was looking through my bookshelf. I watched her pull out a journal. "Put that down!" I shouted at her. She dropped it on the ground. I got up from bed and put it back in my shelf. "What are you doing here anyways?" she began to giggle. I looked down and realized I'm only in my boxers. I quickly grabbed a pair of sweatpants and put them on.

"I'm an angel. My name's Brooke and I'm Nat's sister. I'm here to help you..." She pulled a piece of paper out of the pocket from her dress. " 'Get over Natalie's death', got that? So-"

"Wait, Nat doesn't have a sister. She's the youngest of three brothers."

"Well, my mom gave birth to me and I died right when I came out. And twelve years later, here I am! So, you're Luke Hemmings, right?" I slowly nodded, still confused about her. She talks so fast; it's a bit hard to understand. My door swung open. It was my sister.

"Luke? Who's th-that?" My sister pointed at Brooke. I looked over to Brooke. She looked like she's never seen and eight-year-old with scars on her face.

"She's my, uh, friend. I'll bring your breakfast in a second. Go back to your room, Kaitlin," Kaitlin slowly closed the door. I sighed and walked over to Brooke.

"What?! How can she see me?! You're the only one who can see me. Unless... I-I'll be back," Brooke went out my window. I ran over to the window and tried stopping her.

"Brooke! Brooke, wait!" I called with my head out the window. I heard my neighbors telling me to shut up and other harsh words. I put a tee shirt on and went to Kaitlin's door. I knocked lightly, trying not to make noise. Kaitlin opened it and let me in.

"Luke, who was the angel?" What do I say? Would she even believe me? Kaitlin started scratching her arm. "No, no, no! Don't scratch!"

"But the bugs won't go away!" Kaitlin scratched her face, leaving more scars. I knelt down to her size and held her arms. "Luke they hurt!" I touched her face, feeling all the scars she's had since she was four.

"But it'll hurt more if you scratch. There are no bugs." Kaitlin started crying. I wiped her tears with my thumb.

"What's wrong with me, Luke? Why am I crazy?" she whispered. I hugged her and stroked her hair. I felt her tears on my shoulder.

"There's nothing wrong with you. You're not crazy. Don't listen to those bad people. They just don't understand," I whispered in her ear. All the neighbors say that she's crazy. They even say she's possessed. She just has a disease. We're not proud of it. She can't even trust people. She only trusts me. Not even my parents. She trusted Nat. When she died, Kaitlin freaked out. Possibly more than me. We both missed her a lot.

"They're gone," Kaitlin got out of my arms and went over to her desk. She brought me a paper. "It's me, you, and Nat. Do you like it?" she smiled.

"I love it, thank you. I'll go put it in my room, then I'll bring you breakfast," Kaitlin nodded and went back to her desk. I went to my room and put the drawing on my wall. I went downstairs to make breakfast. "Good morning," I greeted my older sister, Kayla. She had bedhead. She looked awful. "Were you dr-" she covered my mouth. She placed her finger over her lips and shushed me. She uncovered my mouth and went to the fridge. "So you were?" she shushed me again. "Wow. Where'd you go? Club? A bar?" I grabbed Froot Loops from the pantry.

"Club. It was so crazy in there," She shook her head.

"I can just imagine," I laughed. "You doing something wrong and getting arrested! And I'll finally be the golden child. Like I should be."

"Hey, I drink responsibly. I wouldn't do anything wrong, I'm not stupid," She took a bite of her toast.

-b r o o k e-

"I thought I was just taking care of Luke! Two people? C'mon God, I'm new at this," I put my hands on my hips. I can't believe this! God cannot do this to me. I'm only thirteen-years-old!

"Too late. They already saw you. You can't turn back. Go back down there and help them," God instructed. I groaned loudly.

"Alright. But can I go see Natalie?" He nodded. I walked inside the gates. I looked around for Nat. I found her talking to Gran. "Hi." I greeted them.

"Hey, how's Luke?" Natalie turned to me.

"A little broken. But I'll fix him, don't worry."

"Don't make him forget me, though. And tell him I miss him," I nodded and walked back to the gates. I waved goodbye to God and went back to Luke's house. The thought of Luke reminded me of his sister. I was kind of scared, to be honest. Where did the scars come from? Was she beat or something? I know of Luke doesn't tell me, it's going to bother me for a while.

I finally made it to his window. I quietly went in and looked around. He wasn't anywhere in the room. I looked at his bookshelf. I wonder why he was so secretive of his journal. What could he possibly be writing? I slowly walked over to the shelf and took the journal. The cover was brown. It looked old. Older than me. It looked familiar. I feel like I've seen it. I opened it. The first page said 'THIS BOOK BELONGS TO: Natalie Olson'. It was Nat's? Where did Luke even get this? I heard someone coming. I hid behind the his hamper. I looked and saw Luke standing in front of his bookshelf. He pulled out the journal and began reading it. I saw tears forming in his eyes as he flipped through the pages. He closed the book and threw it at the wall. He's really taking this hard. I slowly rose from the ground. Luke screamed when he saw me. Sort of like a girl.

"You scream like a girl," I giggled. He wiped his tears, trying to act like he wasn't crying.

"Why were you hiding?" He asked, avoiding my comment.

"I just...was. So, where's your sister? Kaitlin is it?" He nodded. He walked over to his wall and picked up the journal. He put it back in the shelf and faced me.

"She's in her room. May I ask, why are you here?" His eyebrows furrowed.

"Well, since you and Kaitlin are so depressed about Nat, I'm here to make you happy. You're always thinking about her. You need to move on, she isn't coming back. She's-"

"Don't say it. I know she is. Look, I don't need anyone to help. If I'm not over her, it's okay. I can't care about her? Or wonder what she could possibly be doing in heaven? I just miss her, that's all," he ran his hand through his hair. He seemed frustrated, but it's my duty to help him.

"You cry about her, read her journal? And your sister draws her. That's not just missing someone, Luke. You've fallen in love with her. And you're not over it. You know she's gone. Just get over it. It's been 2 years already,"

"Leave. Just leave. Please? You're not helping. Not one bit."

"Fine," I went out the window. He is so stubborn! I know this is going to be unbelievably difficult.
♠ ♠ ♠
CHAPTER 1!!! Hope you liked it :)