Status: Updated once a week!

You Have My Attention

The night sky.

Remi didn't hear from Garrett the rest of the day so by the time she arrived at Jared's she was a little anxious. She had to gather herself on the porch before opening the door and needless to say it was the first time she was happy to be greeted by John.

"There you are." He spoke with a smile and she rolled her eyes at his typical get up he was wearing. She was really going to invest in a new pair of boots for his birthday that was for sure.

"Well hello." She replied, his arm sliding around her before they headed in a slow walk towards the kitchen.

"Yes, Garrett's here and should be in the kitchen so..."

She rolled her eyes and once they reached the entrance he shoved her lightly and she glared at him before stepping in alone.

"Hey you." She spoke finding the boy in question where she usually did.

He looked up, a grin hitting his lips instantly once he realized it was her. She couldn't stop the unusual beating of her heart as his eyes met her.

"Hey."

She simply smiled at him as she took in his appearance. She was certain he could wear what John had on and she wouldn't think he looked bad. That's when she knew she had a problem.

She watched him grab up an empty cup, "So what will it be tonight?"

"Whatever you want to make. I trust you."

He chuckled and she watched him mix together some things as she leaned against the counter.

"So you're not staying in here are you?"

"Nah, I was just waiting on you."

She grinned and he placed his arm around her shoulders, "Come on, I guess we will socialize for once."

"I always socialize. You on the other hand..."

He chuckled, "I'll talk to you."

"Do I need to get you drunk so you'll be fun?"

"I'm a blast already."

She chuckled and he dropped his arm once they walked into the now crowded living room.

"Nah, when I drink too much I embarrass myself so I try not to."

"I wanna see that."

"No you don't, trust me."

She chuckled as she came upon John sitting on the end of the couch yelling out things to Pat who was apparently trying to find good music.

"Oh hello." She stated, messing up his hair and he glared up at her. She flashed him a smile causing him to role his eyes as Garrett sat beside him. She of course decided sitting in John's lap seemed the most logical place and he groaned as she did so, "Get off of me fatty."

She scoffed at the remark.

"No, you're just anorexic." She replied and Garrett chuckled, "True."

"Whatever!"

"Where's Kayla and Nick?!" She finally asked realizing why she was so bored.

"Late like always."

"Probably picking up your bestie." Garrett chimed in causing her to laugh.

"Who's your bestie?! I thought I was!" John asked defensively and she chuckled, "Eric and trust me, you are."

"Do you really think he's that bad?"

"Nah, now it's just become a joke of some sort and it bothers him so bad."

John chuckled, "It really does. Probably because he's not lying when he says everyone likes him."

"I can see that."

"Except for you obviously." Garrett stated and John chuckled, "Yeah I mean, what's wrong with you? You willingly hang out with Garrett and you hate Halvo? Something's not right in that pretty little head of yours."

"Hey!" Garrett defended and she smiled, "What's wrong with Garrett?"

"Nothing, Halvo is just more sociable and since you are I assumed you would click with him over quiet, yet serious and awkward Garrett."

"I'm right here you know?" Garrett mumbled and Remi giggled, "He's really not either of those things."

"No you're right, he's not. To us that is. To everyone who hasn't been around him for ten years he is."

"I don't think he is." She replied and Garrett smiled before bringing his beer to his lips. He was starting to grow really fond of the girl.

John smirked and before he could respond the front door opened and Nick and Kayla strolled in.

"Finally! We are all drunk by now!" John yelled out jokingly and Nick rolled his eyes, "Wouldn't surprise me if you were."

"Well I'm most definitely not, but you guys need to learn how to show up on time." Remi joked and Kayla scoffed. "Since when do you even come to parties alone?!"

"Since Garrett's here. Duh." John pointed out and the boy beside him choked on his beer.

"They're besties now. I've been replaced." John added although Remi could already feel the heat on her cheeks.

"I came for you John Oh." She spoke, patting his cheek, trying to take the attention off her and Garrett. John immediately rolled his eyes, "I'm sure."

"Well, I need another drink." She spoke although she had a bit left, she just wanted away from the situation.

"Already?" Garrett asked and she looked over at him and grabbed his empty beer bottle, "You're one to talk, Mr. I stay sober."

He chuckled as he moved from the couch and pulled her from John's lap.

"Be back." She stated and the others smirked at her causing her to roll her eyes before following Garrett to the kitchen. They clearly thought too much of the pair.

"Now you know why I like to stay in here." He stated once they were alone. She laughed as she leaned against the counter, watching him make her drink like usual.

"Let's go outside." She spoke up and he handed her the cup back.

"Ok." He replied as he scooped up a few beers and she led the way to the back door. The pair snuck out the door, the night already settling in around them and he bumped her shoulder causing her to look up at him.

"Hold this." He stated holding out the beers he had grabbed and she did as told with a confused look. He held up a finger before disappearing inside and she waited patiently although wondering what he was doing.

"Where did you go?" She asked as he stepped back out.

"To get this." He said holding up a blanket and she grinned as he pulled her down further from the house. She watched him fan out the blanket on the grass before grabbing the alcohol from her hand and sitting down. She followed suite and sat beside him causing him to smile and even in the night he made her heart race.

"And why are you allow me to tag along on your anti-party shenanigans?" She asked as she laid back onto the blanket and he did the same.

"I don't know." He responded, "I like being around you."

She turned her head enough to look at him as he stared up into the sky. She now knew she officially liked him and that completely sucked for her right now. She sat up to try to get some of her drink down. She needed it for the nerves.

"You can always go back you know? I realize I do this without asking you how you feel about it and I don't want you to feel obligated to stay if you want to go party." He stated turning to face her. She grinned softly as their eyes met, "It's ok. I like being around you." She copied and he smiled before turning back to the sky, "I'm happy to hear that."

Remi turned over onto her stomach, lying her cheek on her now crossed arms as she watched him. He either was deep in thought or completely relaxed at the moment, she couldn't decide and she didn't want to ask. She just watched him sit up occasionally to open another beer or finish off the one he had and go back to the sky. She wasn't sure how long they laid there but she enjoyed it.

"You don't think I'm serious all the time do you?" He finally asked after he had finished another beer and she chuckled because that meant he was simply over thinking John's words. She realized the alcohol just made him even more paranoid.

"No, I really don't."

"Good because i'm not. I try not to be anyways."

"You're not."

"Ok." He whispered going back to his own thoughts and his beer.

"Everyone always has opinions on who you are you know? But only a few know the truth. I don't know, it's kind of funny in a way really. Want to know my opinion of you?" He asked and she instantly perked up a bit, relaxing on her elbows now.

"Sure." She managed to get out and he didn't bother to look over at her.

"You're understanding and sassy which I love and yet compassionate all at the same time and I don't really understand how you can be both but it works for you and I trust you which is weird because I barely know you. I don't know, you're just weird to me. Not in a bad way but because I can't figure you out and that's weird. I don't know, maybe I could if you weren't so beautiful. I mean; I really don't think you get it which is so endearing to me because every girl I've met that's been beyond attractive is just been a shitty person but you're not at all. I don't know..." He trailed off and she couldn't help but stare at him, his words now sinking in.

"It's ok, you're weird to me too, but in a good way."

He chuckled softly and decided to actually look at her now.

"So we can just be weird together huh?" He asked and she nodded, "Why not?"

He smiled, "Alright."

The pair simply stared at each other until he boldly reached up, tucking her hair behind her ear. The alcohol was definitely raging through his body now. Between his words and his actions even she was stunned at this point.

"Do you like John?" He asked, his eyebrows narrowing together as if it hurt to ask. Which in reality it did. He honestly hoped she didn't like him.

A groan escaped her lips, "Not you too! No. Despite popular belief, I do not like him. He's not my type at all."

"Because he's the male version of you?"

"Ok, maybe his sass is on my level, but no. I'm not a whore, so no."

Garrett chuckled, "And tell me Miss Quinn, what is your type?" He asked propping himself up on his elbows and she had to swallow the lump in her throat since he was now closer than before.

"I don't know. I just don't like cocky guys, or blonde guys for that matter. So basically everything John is."

Garrett chuckled, "He's not that bad."

"No, he really isn't. He actually is a good guy. He just chooses not to let everyone see it."

"Yeah, true."

"I just like someone who is like the opposite of me really. I don't know, I like opposite people because they make me think in ways I never have before and do things I haven't done."

He nodded as if he understood, "Like lay on a blanket outside during a house party?"

She chuckled, "Exactly. Never done this before."

He nodded as he fell back onto the blanket, "I'm sorry I'm super chatty and what not..."

"Is this why you didn't want me to make you drink a lot?"

"Exactly why."

"Mhm, well you drank all the beers you brought out here by yourself and I didn't influence that in any way."

He groaned as he looked down at the empty bottles beside him.

"You just make me nervous." He mumbled as his eyes shifted to her.

"Don't blame me."

He chuckled as he laid back down beside her.

"Hey Remi..."

"Mhm?"

"You should just stay with me again tonight." He stated as he placed his hands behind his head, "I mean if you want to that is."

"And if I do?" She questioned and he chuckled, "I don't know, I'm sure I'll end up making you breakfast again."

"I would like that."

He chuckled, "I'm sure."

"Ok. Sounds like a plan."

"If it does then let's go because I'm a bit drunk and I just want away from here."

"Back into your cold house." She stated as they moved from the blanket.

"Back to cuddling you." He spoke boldly as he picked up the empty beer bottles. A blush immediately hit her cheeks as she picked up the blanket to distract herself and although drunk he couldn't believe that had left his mouth.

The pair walked back inside, Garrett throwing the bottles away while she sat the blanket over the couch. She met him as he stepped into the living room and a grin hit his lips.

"I'm going to tell John we are leaving..."

Garrett nodded and it didn't take her long to find her already intoxicated neighbor.

"Yo. I'm taking Garrett home he's a little drunk."

"Don't take advantage of him, Rem." He joked and she rolled her eyes causing him to laugh.

"Ok and then you are..."

"Going home?" She questioned and he grinned, "Doubt it but it's a good concept. Just text me so I can know you're alive."

She nodded and he kissed her head before she went back over to Garrett.

"Ready drunk boy?" She asked and he rolled his eyes as she grabbed his hand to lead him outside. He glanced down at their entangled fingers as she did so and he couldn't help how he felt by just holding her hand. Then again, he wasn't completely sober so he didn't know what he was feeling really.

Once in the car he tried to buckle his seatbelt and after so long Remi began to laugh.

"Let me do it." She stated as she grabbed the seatbelt from him.

He groaned and she had it buckled instantly. Their eyes met and he pressed his lips to her cheek gently. This alcohol was really getting the best of him and he knew tomorrow he would regret the whole night.

"You're awesome." He stated and she laughed nervously, forcing herself away from him as she started the car and began the short drive to Garrett's. His lips forever leaving a tingle sensation on her cheek.

Once parked in his driveway he was able to get out by himself and she chuckled as she climbed from the car meeting him half way up the sidewalk, a bit scared he wouldn't make it.

"Here." He said holding out his keys to her. She laughed as she pulled him to the door and unlocked it. Once inside he pulled her to his bedroom and immediately began kicking off his shoes and tugging at his shirt. He just wanted to sleep and the thought of doing it with her in his arms made him that more anxious.

Remi pulled off her shoes trying not to look at Garrett who was now only in his jeans that hung too low on his hips. He was way too good looking to be doing that and yet it puzzled her how he had no idea.

"I got the light." She managed to say and he nodded as he climbed onto the bed. She breathed in before turning the light off and doing the same. Once she was settled under the cover he didn't bother to ask this time, his arm immediately went around her, her back hitting his bare chest which made her shiver. Garrett closed his eyes, a sigh escaping his lips from the feeling of her against him.

"Sweet dreams, Remi." He whispered, his breath hitting her neck before he kissed her skin.

She always felt secure being with him so it didn't take her long to fall asleep to thoughts of the boy around her. She still wasn't sure if that was a good or bad thing...
♠ ♠ ♠
So, I mentioned this was one of my favorite chapters, I hope it lived up to that for everyone that was excited about that.... :/ haha.

Thanks for commenting;

Chelsea13 - Thank youuu. I mean, fluff and sass; what could be better?! Ha.

Sunsoakedseason - Glad to hear that! Thank you!

RecycledSweaters -Thank you! And the feeling's mutual! :)

Lovelyhope - well I hope it lived up to the unknown hype I put on it!! Lol

WhiskeyPrincess118 - How will I ever forgive you?! Kidding. ;) no more refreshing needed though!! Ha.

Princewentz - What can I say? Fluff is my favorite! Haha.

:)