Status: Updated once a week!

You Have My Attention

Past mistakes.

The next morning, to her surprise, she woke up alone. She glanced at the clock beside her thinking it was now around noon only to notice it was 10 in the morning. She groaned pulling the cover up and cuddling back to the pillow. She would figure out where Garrett was later, she was still too tired to move.

"Remi." She heard and she cracked open her eyes, appearing over the blanket to see Garrett beside the bed.

"You're ok, right?" She asked and he chuckled, "Yeah, I am."

She nodded as she eyed him. He looked like he had already showered and although still without a shirt, he now was in a pair of basketball shorts instead of jeans and to her surprise he didn't look hung over.

She held her hand out to him and he gave her a confused look before he grabbed it with his own. She tugged on his hand and he chuckled as he climbed onto the bed, hovering over her.

"I made breakfast." He mumbled against her hair, his arms instinctively going around her. Although his nerves were now back, he wasn't going to object to being close to her again. Although the previous night's events made him embarrassed.

"You smell good." She ignored and he chuckled, "You mean I don't smell like booze? Well I did shower and what not."

She nodded, her head hitting his chest and she felt him relax against her. His fingers ran through her hair and she shut her eyes once more. She wasn't sure if it was ok if they acted this way towards each other but she liked it.

"I'm sorry about last night." He whispered out.

"Why? You have no reason to be."

Garrett sighed, "I said a lot of crap."

"Nothing bad."

"But still..."

"It's fine. Stop worrying about it."

The boy went silent and she moved back to look at him.

"Seriously, stop over thinking everything!"

"Come eat." He whispered ignoring her statement as her eyes locked with his and she sighed, "And if I don't?"

"I'll drag you downstairs, I was being nice by asking."

She chuckled and a smile lit his face. He didn't want to talk about last night anymore so any way to distract her from that was what he would do.

"So...." He stated, brushing her hair behind her ear, "What shall it be?"

She sighed, "Fine. Although I'm still tired."

He climbed from the bed as she sat up and she groaned as she forced herself out of it. He grabbed up her hand gently and they headed to the kitchen.

"Man, I love staying with you." She joked as she noticed pancakes and he laughed, "I feel like you only stay with me for this."

"Possibly."

He laughed as he grabbed cups from the cabinet. His phone began to ring which was right in front of her so she picked it up and held it out.

"Who is it?" He asked as he focused on pouring orange juice into the glasses.

"It doesn't say."

"Just answer it."

"What? No. What if it's your mother or something?"

"Do you not think I would have my own mother programmed into my phone?" He asked with a raised eyebrow and she couldn't help but laugh as he walked back to the refrigerator.

"Good point. Fine."

She sighed as she hit the green button and put it to her ear, "Hello?"

"Uh, hello?" A women's voice responded which did not sound familiar.

"Who is this?"

"Who is this? Is this not Garrett's phone?"

"Yeah, it is..."

Garrett now watched her with a confused look and she shrugged as the girl spoke, "I need to talk to him." The girl snapped and now Remi was getting a bit annoyed.

"And you can, who is this?" She repeated and Garrett scoffed, "I need you to answer my phone from now on. You mean business."

She shoved him lightly and he chuckled.

"This is Catherine." The girl finally said back and she looked over at Garrett and mouthed who it was. He shook his head no and she glared at him.

"What? You're doing a hell of a job right now so..."

She rolled her eyes as she decided on what to say back.

"His ex-girlfriend?" She questioned and she knew the girl was getting annoyed.

"Clearly!"

"Ah well, he can't come to the phone right now. He's in the shower, but there's really no point in calling back because he doesn't want to speak with you and plus, I don't think his girlfriend would appreciate it very much."

Garrett chuckled from his seat and she tried not to laugh.

"His girlfriend?"

"Yeah. Me. You know, the girl answering his phone."

"And who is this?" She asked harshly. She clearly was mad at this point.

"I don't even know you so I guess it doesn't matter. You really need to move on, it's a bit pathetic though don't you think?"

"You know nothing about us."

"Mhm, you're right, but something tells me to believe him over you. But have a good day, Catherine. Goodbye."

She hung up the phone and looked over at Garrett who was laughing.

"She's a bitch."

He chuckled, "I know. You handled it well."

"I'm never answering your phone again."

He grinned from across the table and she slid his phone back to him.

"Fine, let's eat."

She rolled her eyes as she did just that and of course Garrett couldn't stay quiet. His mind was racing with what just happened and in typical fashion he was the first to speak.

"So, she thinks you're my girlfriend now?"

"Yes, but she doesn't know who I am so...and when we met at that party she thought me and John were together."

"Of course." He mumbled rolling his eyes. He hated everyone thinking she was with John. Was it because she was beautiful and full of personality which fit someone who John usually dated? He found it a bit insulting actually.

Remi grinned, "Jealous of me and John's relationship?" She joked and he rolled his eyes, "No, I just don't see why everyone thinks you two are together."

"Probably because we are both awesome."

"Mhm." He mumbled as he picked up his now empty plate. She did the same and sat it in the sink although he shot her a look.

"What?! I'm just being nice! Jeez." She mumbled as she threw her hands up in defense.

He rolled his eyes as she leaned against the sink putting her between it and him. His eyes met hers and he placed his dish in the sink before placing his hands on each side of the counter pinning her in even more.

The pair simply stared at each other, her heart now racing and before she knew it he was leaning into her. He couldn't help it anymore. Every part of him was begging to kiss her. She placed her hand on his side as he brushed her cheek with his fingers. He was just going to suck it up and do it. Her eyes shut automatically as he inched closer and before his lips had the chance to touch hers the doorbell rang causing him to immediately jump back. His cheeks were now flushed and he rubbed the back of his neck uncomfortably before sprinting to the living room. Remi groaned and covered her face with her hands. She finally gathered herself enough to go into the living room only to wish she hadn't.

"Why are you here? Aren't you John's girlfriend?" Catherine asks now standing in the doorway where Garrett stood clearly uncomfortable.

"She is not John's girlfriend and I wish everyone would quit saying that!" Garrett said causing both girls to look at him.

A grin hit Remi's lips and he was now blushing furiously, "Catherine leave. Now."

"Wait, so she's the girl that answered your phone?!"

"Maybe she was but it's not your business so leave." He said harshly. Well more harsh than she had ever heard him speak.

Catherine rolled her eyes before cursing at the boy and stomping out.

Garrett closed the door with a sigh and she crossed her arms.

"I'm sorry. I didn't think she would just show up. Apparently I give her too much credit."

Remi grinned weakly before running her hand through her hair.

"I should go. Well, I guess I need to drive you to Jared's for your car."

He simply nodded, a frown hitting his lips. Things seemed to be going so well he was confused as to why that changed. It couldn't be simply because of Catherine.

"Yeah, let me go get dressed real quick..."

She nodded, "Need my shoes."

The pair walked awkwardly to his room and in silence he got dressed and she put on her shoes. They left the house without a word and for once she decided to keep her mouth shut.

"Just so I'm clear, this weirdness if from Catherine or because I was going to kiss you..." He asked boldly as they headed to Jared's house. He of course continued to stare out the window in fear of her reaction.

She sighed grasping onto the steering wheel tightly, the nerves now filling her gut.

"Both." She whispered out and he didn't bother to respond. Luckily for him they pulled into Jared driveway.

"Thanks for the ride." He mumbled before climbing out of the car and she groaned as her forehead hit the steering wheel. She was so stupid. He clearly liked her and she was acting like this and she didn't know why.
♠ ♠ ♠
Eh, early update. Why not?

Plus, I'm excited for the next chapter!...guess that means I'm a bit impatient, but oh well! ;)

Thanks for commenting;
RecycledSweaters
WhiskeyPrincess118
:)