Status: Updated once a week!

You Have My Attention

Don't say it.

Remi honestly couldn't believe she was doing this. It was like she barely knew who she was anymore. She sighed as she knocked on Garrett's door and in moments the boy opened it with a wide knowing smile on his lips.

"Hey I don't think I've said this yet but I in fact don't like you." She stated and a chuckle left his lips as he rested against the door, "I don't believe you."

"And this whole John Oh persona you have going on, is a no go for me."

"Oh what you mean to say is you don't like when someone out wits you. That's cute." He replied smugly and she narrowed her eyes at him.

"Ok, so I'm leaving..."

He grabbed her wrist so she wouldn't move from her spot and a groan left her mouth.

"Oh come on, you're already here and all dressed up." He smiled at her and she snatched her arm back.

"Where are we going?" She asked boringly.

"I don't know, this is your date remember?"

"Ok, so not talking to you the rest of the night. Got it." She stated as she walked to her car with him in tow.

He laughed as he climbed into the passenger seat. He was enjoying this way too much.

"So where to?" He asked fiddling with her radio and she didn't bother to speak. He glanced over at her as she stared at the road.

"Ok, so it's a surprise?"

Again, he didn't receive a response and he simply relaxed in his seat.

"I mean...." He spoke and she turned up the music to drown him out.

A grin hit his lips as he simply stared at her. Sadly the only thing he could think of through the whole ordeal was how cute she was.

She honestly had no idea where they were going so she simply drove downtown and parked near a coffee shop she liked.

"So downtown it is." He stated once she turned the car off. She rolled her eyes hopping out and he quickly followed her. He smirked finding this all amusing as they walked down the sidewalk. Lucky for her, her phone went off and she immediately answered it realizing it was Kayla.

"Where are you?" Kayla asked her and she glanced over at Garrett, "Oh you know, downtown with some idiot."

Garrett chuckled not bothering to look over at her before grabbing her hand and pulling her across the street.

"Is the idiot Garrett?"

"Yes. Like I can't even...it's taking everything in me not to push him in front of a car."

A laugh hit Remi's ear, "Ah I see. Well, funny thing is Nick and I are on 22nd street at that new restaurant, you two should come join us."

"I have a feeling that would be a bad idea."

"Is it really that bad?"

"Basically. He's being a jackass."

Garrett shot her a look before grabbing the phone from the girl which she fought over but initially lost.

"One, I'm not being a jack ass. You're friend just hates when someone is more witty than her." He spoke into the phone and she rolled her eyes as she crossed her arms. She could only imagine what was being said at this point.

"Ah I see, well, we would love to meet you and normally we would, but we are actually on a date."

A groan escaped her lips and she covered her face with her hand.

"I kid you not. Oh you can thank your friend for showing up at my house around noon and kissing me when I opened the door."

"You're so dead, Nickelsen." She grumbled and his smile widened.

"Yeah, we may can do that. I'll text Nick In a bit." He stated and Remi took the opportunity to snatch the phone from his hand. As soon as the phone hit her ear she could hear Kayla.

"You kissed him?!"

"John made me!" She whined and Garrett snickered as he leaned against the building of the coffee shop they had stopped at.

"I cannot believe this..."

"I can't either! And I can say confidently it's not going to happen again because he's an idiot and John is a horrible friend and I basically hate everyone in The Maine besides Pat."

"So you like him?"

"Do I have to talk about this now?"

"Yeah, you do. You're on a date with him so I need to know."

"Well not at the moment I can tell you that much."

"Ok, well around noon did you?"

"Yeah...." She mumbled as she looked at the boy who stood leaned against the wall, texting on his phone. She did like him and she couldn't help it.

"I knew it! Awe!"

"Shut up. I've got to go. We will talk later!"

Remi hung up the phone not waiting for a response from the girl. Once she placed the phone back in her bag her eyes immediately went to Garrett's who was still relaxed against the brick wall.

"Well? What are we doing, sweetie?" He asked coolly and she resisted the urge to hit him.

She rolled her eyes in response and he pushed off the wall and stepped to her.

"Stop it." He whined grabbing for her which she didn't try to stop.

"What?!"

"You're mad at me."

"Well you're annoying so..." She grumbled and he chuckled, pulling her to him until she was against his chest.

"But you like me."

"I never said that."

"So you just kiss people you don't like all the time?" He said just trying to mess with her.

"Yep."

He laughed, "I don't believe that."

She shrugged crossing her arms and he leaned closer, "let's go hang out with Nick and Kayla, what do you say?" He whispered out and she just nodded too phased by the closeness of him.

"Ok." He breathed out as his hand slid to her neck, his nose almost touching hers and she knew that the truth of it was, she did in fact like him a lot. There was no denying it. Well she had already kissed him once so why couldn't she do it again? Without much thought to that question she kissed him. He held onto her tightly as their lips molded together and he smiled against her lips after several kisses.

"Don't say it." She grumbled out.

"I didn't say anything." He whispered before kissing her again. Her hands now rested on his sides and he pulled back enough to look at her.

"You're simply beautiful Remi Quinn."

A blush immediately lined her cheeks and for the first time with him she didn't know what to say.

He brushed his hand against her cheek as he stared at her in thought.

"I like you. I like you a lot actually. I like how you're so bold and honest with me and how I can never take my eyes off you when you're around and how you feel against me when you sleep. I like everything involving you a hell of a lot more than I thought possible."

She grinned up at him and he pressed his lips to her cheek.

"So I just hope that maybe you feel even a little of that because I want you to keep you around." He whispered out.

"Well I would say I do simply because I don't go kissing people for the hell of it." She replied patting his cheek before she pulled away from him. A smile hit his lips as he followed after her. This girl was going to be the death of him and yet he was ok with that.

He grabbed her hand once beside her, "So, are we going to meet them?"

"I don't know, Gar. I thought this was suppose to be a date." She mused and he chuckled, "Do you honestly think I was going to allow you to take me on a date? I mean, come on. I mean, I don't even let you clean my kitchen..."

She glanced over at him, "So all this was for what?!"

Garrett shrugged in amusement, "Just to see if you actually liked me."

"Oh and?"

"And clearly you do, so..."

"You know, sometimes I think you're a gentlemen and sometimes I think you're evil."

He let out a laugh, "Look, I dated Catherine so sorry for being a bit cautious."

"Mhm true. But I am definitely nothing like her."

"You're right, you aren't." He mumbled out, kissing the top of her hand as they reached the restaurant Nick and Kayla were at.

"I thought you two weren't coming?!" Nick questioned as they found the two at a table.

Remi felt her cheeks heat up as Kayla looked between the two of them and their now linked hands. A smirk hit the girl's lips as the pair sat down.

"Yeah well, we changed our minds." Garrett replied for them.

"Awe is this now a double date?" Kayla asked causing Remi to roll her eyes.

"Mhm, I assume so." Garrett replied and she honestly didn't know how he was so calm about it all. It was like their rolls had reversed.

"I can tell she really likes you, Gar." Nick joked and Garrett let out a laugh, "I don't know if she does or not to be honest."

She sighed as she placed her chin in the palm of her hand. It didn't help calm the feeling she got when Garrett placed his hand on her free one that rested on her leg.

"Not talking?" Nick asked her with a raised eyebrow.

"It's better if I don't." She grumbled and Kayla laughed, "Garrett what did you do to her?"

"Nothing!" He replied glancing over at her, his thumb now rubbing over her hand gently as their fingers stayed linked together.

"You ok?" He whispered leaning closer to her as Nick ordered now that the waitress appeared.

"Yeah."

"Promise?"

She chuckled, "Promise."

He kissed her cheek gently, "Do you want to leave? We can if you want. I just want to be with you, it doesn't necessarily have to be with them or here."

A grin hit her lips as her eyes met his blue ones. He always made her instantly feel better and she didn't know how.

"No, we can stay. I want to."

He nodded with a smile of his own before looking at the waitress who asked him what he wanted.

"So aren't you guys leaving next week?" Nick asked before he took a bite of the food he had ordered.

"Yeah." Garrett replied and Remi looked over at him with confusion written on her face. Of course he was focused on his food so he didn't notice and she wasn't going to ask why and cause an awkward moment between everyone.

"So how are you going to survive three months without him?" Nick joked and Garrett immediately looked over at her. He honestly didn't know if she knew or not. Then again, John and her were close so there was a chance.

Remi almost choked on her drink as the words left Nick's mouth and she had to force herself to get it together.

"I'm honestly bummed about not having John around for three months."

The pair laughed and Garrett rolled his eyes.

"And to think you two didn't get along at first."

"Yeah, he grew on me."

"He does that."

The group ate and she tried to stay in conversation but so much was on her mind right now and she found herself texting John asking him if he would be home later. She needed to talk to him...or yell at him for not telling her. She really couldn't decide.

Once they all separated and said goodbye Garrett grabbed up her hand and they headed back to his car in silence. It was then he knew that something was wrong. She was being abnormally quiet.

"John didn't tell you, huh?" He asked softly and she looked over at him, "I didn't know it was John's place to." She got out and he sighed, "I'm sorry."

She shrugged and he groaned as he pulled her to a stop.

"You're mad at me."

"I'm not mad. I just am not necessarily fond of finding out you guys would be gone for three months the day you were planning to leave."

"Rem, it's not like that."

"Ok." She replied walking to the car and he sighed as he watched her get in. This was not how he wanted to end his great day.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm updating early just for WhiskeyPrincess118!!!

... I don't know how I got off my Sunday updates anyways but weekdays are hard for me.

Anyways,

Thanks for commenting;

WhiskeyPrincess118 - haha, well now you don't have to worry this weekend!!

Lovelyhope - No Catherine! Yet...

RecycledSweaters - I know, I feel like John needed a change in character!

Brighten. - X4! Glad you like the story!! :)

Chelsea13 - No, thank you!

Princewentz - Yes, I thought it would be amusing to do so!

:)