Status: Updated once a week!

You Have My Attention

Believe me.

Garrett's phone went off and he immediately sat down the chair he was carrying. He had been helping his brother move all morning and he was hoping that it was Remi calling so he could have a distraction.

"Hello?" He breathed out after realizing it was just John.

"Hello?! Really?!"

"Uh..." Garrett got out a bit confused as he leaned against the chair.

"You're an asshole."

"What the hell did I do now?!"

"Oh I don't know, ruin the one good relationship you've ever had!"

"What are you talking about?" Garrett asked now genuinely confused.

"Remi. So what? You argued over something stupid and you just give up and hook back up with Catherine?" John asked heatedly and Garrett was now even more confused.

"What in the hell are you talking about? I'm not back with her!" He shouted, his brother stating at him now.

"So then what? You just slept with her?"

"John! I haven't seen her since I ended things with her. What the fuck are you talking about?!" He shouted now annoyed at his friend for the accusations. Who did he think he was?!

John grew quiet now not sure what was true or not.

"Remi went over to your house this morning to apologize and she said Catherine answered the door." The boy on the other end finally got put.

"What? At my house?"

"Yeah man."

"What the fuck?! No." Garrett groaned in frustration.

"Why the fuck was she in your house?!"

"She told me she still had a key to my place and that she was going to drop it off and I told her just to put it under the mat. Fuck. How mad is Remi right now? I swear to you that's the truth!"

John could almost feel the anxiety now coming from Garrett and he figured he needed to try and calm him down. Maybe he was being irrational.

"Relax. I mean, she wasn't mad, she was well, upset."

Garrett sighed as he now felt himself start to panic, "I'm going to kill her. You believe me right? I swear John, I-I didn't know, and I like Remi and...."

"Relax man. I believe you. She will too. You just need to talk to her."

"Where is she?"

"At her house. We were going to hang out but I'll stall my getting ready and give you time to go over there."

"She's going to murder me for something I didn't even do." He grumbled and John laughed, "I mean, I'm a bit scared for you."

Garrett groaned, "Ok, I'm heading there now."

The pair hung up and his brother spoke, "What's wrong?"

"I've got to go. I'll be back."

"What happened?!"

"Catherine just ruining my life." He shouted as he headed to his car. Garrett all but flew to her house. He fumbled out of his car and decided knocking wouldn't work so he just let himself in. Remi looked up from the couch unable to move from the sudden burst of noise.

"Please. Let me talk." He got out a bit out of breath. He knew his hair was a mess and be didn't look that put together thanks to the fact that he had been moving furniture all day.

"I would rather not." She replied blankly and he frowned, "Do you honestly think I would do that to you?"

She bit her lip as she stared at him, "Please leave. I don't need you to explain anything. It's your business. We aren't together."

Garrett rolled his eyes ignoring her, "She lied to me. She said she was going to drop off my house key she forgot she had. I told her to leave it under the mat because I wouldn't be home. I guess she took it upon herself to go in. Remi you have to believe me. I know after yesterday you are having a hard time doing that but I care about you and despite how it looks you are the only person I want to be with." He spoke nervously unsure how she was going to react despite it being the truth.

When he didn't get a response he decided to keep going, "I haven't seen her since that party actually. Please believe me. You have no idea what I feel for you and I just, I really don't want to screw this up. I don't want someone else to screw this up for us either because I know we can have something worth having. Plus, I swear to you I've been with my brother. We can call him if you want." He spoke seriously as he cautiously moved closer to her.

She fiddled with her fingers in her lap, her eyes unable to look at him simply because she knew she believed him and she hated it.

"No, it's ok." She whispered out and it was like he was hit with a wave of relief.

"You believe me?"

She nodded and he sat down beside her and gently lifted her face so their eyes could meet.

"Remi Quinn, you are the last person on this earth I want to hurt. You mean so much to me and for the record, yeah, if some girl is at my house it is your business."

She rolled her eyes and he pulled her closer, "Just be my girlfriend."

"What?"

"Be my girlfriend."

"But we haven't even been on a real date, Nickelsen." She joked and he let out a laugh, "I don't care. I'll take you on one tonight...but as my girlfriend."

She grinned as she stared at the blue eyed boy.

"Ok."

He smiled before kissing her softly, "but for real, what am I going to do about my stalker ex?"

The two both laughed and he wrapped her in his arms as he relaxed against the couch.

"And people say you aren't lovable." She joked and he chuckled, "I know right?!"

"Well, did you get your key or...."

"I don't know. I haven't been home. John called me and I flew over here."

"Of course he did."

Garrett laughed, "He cares a lot about you...should I be worried?"

Remi giggled, "About John? No."

"I'm kidding."

She grinned before kissing his cheek.

"So where are we going tonight, Nickelsen?" She teased and his smiled widened, "Wherever you want to."

"You're date. You decide."

He scoffed, "My date? Are you not going to be there?"

"I may."

He chuckled kissing over her jaw, "Well, I'll think of something."

"Will you?"

He nodded laying her back on the couch as he kissed down her neck.

"So you're my girlfriend now?" He asked raising up to look at her and she simply nodded unable to concentrate now.

He grinned and she pulled him down to her in order to kiss his lips.

"I'm sorry I upset you. Truly. I feel like shit."

"It's not your fault."

"I know. I just still feel bad. You crying over me is not something I want to happen."

She shrugged and he brushed his fingers over her cheek.

"So, what's not a clique first date?" He mused and she giggled, "I don't know."

"This is so much pressure."

She couldn't help but laugh as he let out a sigh.

"We don't have to do anything special, Gar. Calm down."

"Yes we do."

"Why?!"

"Because! You're my girlfriend! I need to impress you!"

She laughed against his shoulder and a smile hit his lips.

"Take me to O'Callaghan's party."

"That is not a date." He scoffed.

"I know, but seeing you squirm all night seems appealing." She stated as she moved from the couch.

"Me squirm?" He questioned as she adjusted her tank top.

"Yeah, because then you'll have to tell everyone we are together."

He made a face causing her to laugh.

"You're mean."

She shrugged with a grin, "Am not. I mean you don't have to..."

He frowned, "I want to. Do you not want me to?"

"You can do whatever you want Garrett Nickelsen." She replied, leaning down to kiss his cheek before leaving him on the couch.

"That isn't what I asked!" He shouted as she walked to the kitchen to grab a bottled water. She opened the refrigerator and grabbed two just in case he wanted one and spun around to be faced with the boy. She jumped causing him to chuckle, "Remi Quinn, answer my question." He said lowly and she felt her heart flutter as she stared at him.

"Yeah."

"Yeah, you want me to?"

She nodded as he placed his arms around her, pulling her in as he kissed her.

"You make me happy." He mumbled against her lips and he kissed her once more before backing up enough to grab the bottles of water she still had in her hands.

She eyed him, her lips tingling from his still as he placed the bottles on the counter.

"I was planning on drinking that." She finally got out and he shrugged grabbing her wrist and pulling her from the kitchen.

"Gar..."

He ignored her, falling onto the couch before pulling her onto him. Her heart now raced as her eyes met his and he grinned as he cupped her face.

"I just want to kiss you for a while. Is that ok?" He asked at a whisper and she didn't have to respond as he pressed his lips to hers.

The pair cuddled on the couch for a while, kissing and talking in between. Remi honestly loved being with Garrett like this. It just felt right.

"What time is John's thing?" He asked, his fingers running into her hair repeatedly.

"I think like at 8..."

"That's in less than an hour."

"I am aware."

He chuckled, pressing his lips to her forehead.

"Well lucky for us we are just next door, huh?" He stated and she nodded.

He stared down at her as she ran her fingers over his hand that rested on her stomach.

"What?" She whispered out and he shrugged, "You're just beautiful. That's all."

A blush crept onto her cheeks and he kissed her jaw.

"I should probably go make myself decent."

He scoffed, "You already are."

"To you!"

He chuckled sliding his arm around her and pulling her closer.

"Don't go."

"I mean we eventually have to get up to go to the party."

He frowned and she chuckled as he grabbed her chin and kissed her a few times.

"Ok, go before I change my mind." He mumbled out.

She kissed him quickly and moved from the couch.

"So should I go change and what not?" He asked boringly and she chuckled, "I'm sure I have something of yours here." She responded, not hesitating to fix his hair of course.

"I like when you do that." He mumbled out as his eyes met with hers.

"Why?" She asked with laughter and he shrugged, "I just do."

A grin hit her lips, "Give me ten minutes and we can go."

He nodded as he watched her run to her room. A sigh escaped his lips as he relaxed against the couch. A unknown smile lined his lips as he thought about how this day had started so badly and yet ended somewhere he had never expected. He couldn't imagine things being better than this right now.
♠ ♠ ♠
Check out these fab stories from some fab people:

Everything Is Everything

Stealing Glances

And a Happy New Year

Shes Killing Me

Like We Used To

And the story I'm co-writing with the lovely Chelsea13 - Keep on Going

:)

Thanks for commenting;

WhiskeyPrincess118 - I promise there will be some serious fluff in the next chapters to make up for it ending! :)

EmptyInside - now you can smile!

RecycledSweaters - wish granted!

Chelsea13- your comments really make me want to just make him have a secret life or something going on...lol