Status: Updated once a week!

You Have My Attention

Blue eyes don't lie.

"Can I just say how I can't believe you are going to this show?" Kayla stated as they finished getting ready.

After the party almost a week ago, she couldn't get rid of John. He wasn't lying when he said they were friends now. Although she really didn't mind. He was in fact good company and she assumed that's why she agreed to actually go to their show.

"Yes, I am aware. But I don't know, I actually like the guys. Regardless how annoying John can be."

Kayla chuckled, "Yeah, they are a good group of guys I must say."

"Nick is going right?"

"Yeah and Eric."

Remi groaned, "Now that boy talks too much."

"He's not that bad!"

"He is. I would rather be locked in a closet with Pat over him."

Kayla laughed, "He's a lot like John actually. You've only been around him once. Give him a chance."

"One John is enough. Trust me."

As she turned off her curling iron, the doorbell went off and she looked over at Kayla who shrugged. She sighed before sprinting to the door. To her surprise it wasn't Nick on the other side.

"Hey." Garrett spoke shyly and she breathed in, "Oh hi."

He hadn't seen him since the party and she forgot how blue his eyes were until now and it caused her to grow nervous.

"Um, John sent me over here to um, make sure you had a ride." He replied, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Oh, yeah. Nick is coming to get me and Kayla...with Eric." She mumbled and Garrett chuckled, "You don't like Halvo?"

She gave him a look and he continued, "Last name."

"You people and your last names..."

Garrett laughed as he leaned against the frame of the door. She thought maybe it was the alcohol that made her think he was cute, but here she was completely sober and finding him attractive. He had a boyish charm to him that made her drawn to him.

"Ride with me."

"What?"

"Yeah, ride with me. I mean, I have to pick up Kennedy, but he's way quieter than Eric."

She chuckled, "Let me tell Kayla. You can come in."

He nodded, stepping inside and closing the door behind him as she sprinted off down the hall.

"Kay, I'm riding with Garrett." She spoke sticking her head into the bathroom where the girl resided.

"Garrett? Nickelsen?" She questioned with a raised eyebrow.

"Yeah."

"Did he ask you?"

"No, I forced him into it."

She rolled her eyes, "I mean, it's Garrett..."

"I'm not following."

"Just go. I'll lock up." She replied fanning her hands at the girl to leave. Although Remi didn't understand, she grabbed her bag and headed back to the living room where Garrett stood waiting.

"Alright, we can go."

He nodded walking to the door quietly and once they walked over to John's and got in Garrett's car she realized how quiet he actually was. Nothing like John that was for sure and unlike when she was around John she felt very self conscious now.

"So Kennedy is another band mate I assume?" She asked unable to keep the silence.

"Oh um yeah. Sorry. Forgot you didn't meet him the other night."

"No big deal."

"He just lives a few streets over actually."

She nodded and he cleared his throat before adjusting the radio. Silence made him nervous. That was nothing new.

He pulled up at Kennedy's house and without even a honk the boy appeared and he hopped in the back seat.

"You have a girl with you?" Were the first words out of the boy's mouth which made her chuckle. Maybe they all had a bit of John in them after all.

"She's friends with Nick."

Kennedy continued to stare at him and he rolled his eyes, "It's a long story! Remi, Kennedy."

"Hi." She spoke with a smile and he grinned, "Hey, nice to meet you. You're John's neighbor, huh?"

"Unfortunately."

Garrett chuckled as he headed to the venue.

"The hot, mean neighbor."

She chuckled, "I guess so."

"Mhm."

Garrett rolled his eyes as he tried to keep his mouth shut. He honestly was scared of what Kennedy would say. He wasn't the type to hold anything in.

Luckily for him though, the drive to where they were playing was short lived.

"I can't wait to see this." She spoke as they walked into the venue and Kennedy chuckled, "Oh are you a fan?"

Garett laughed, "She's never seen us. She asked John if we were like the Backstreet Boys."

"I was kidding! I mean you can't be. None of you look like Nick Carter at all."

The two boys laughed as they happened to stumble upon the others on the stage unpacking.

"I see she's already won you over. Thought you had more strength then that Ken." John stated and Remi glared at him.

"She's funny. I like her."

"I agree." Garrett stated with a chuckle as he began to fiddle with his bass on the floor.

"And I know you agree John Oh since you called me your hot mean neighbor."

"That was before I knew you darlin'."

"You love me."

"Love is such a strong word."

"Just admit it."

"I don't hate you that's a start."

"You love me."

"And you aren't too bad to look at so there's that." He said as he continued to mess with his microphone stand.

"You literally haven't even known me for a week and you love me already."

The boys were now laughing despite John of course and John shook his head trying to fight back a smile.

"Shut up."

She smiled causing him to chuckle, "You're something else Remi Quinn, I'll give you that much."

"Oh hey, I'm Remi by the way. John's rude." She said to the red headed boy not to far from her.

"Jared." He said with a chuckle.

"I've officially met the whole band. I can die happy now." She teased and they laughed.

"So..." She said sitting on the floor beside Garrett as she talked to John, "What do I need to prepare for? Are there teenage girls that are going to be screaming for you? Because I don't know if I can handle that. I might laugh the whole time."

Garrett chuckled from beside her, "Oh there will be. Just wait."

John rolled his eyes, "Don't act like it's just for me!"

"Yeah, Garrett's had his fair share of crazy girls." Kennedy stated and Remi laughed at the blush that crept onto the shy boys cheeks, "Not that many."

"Oh just wait. You'll see."

Garrett rolled his eyes and she couldn't help but laugh.

"It really isn't like that." He stated giving her a look and she grinned, "I believe that for some reason."

He smiled softly at her. Appreciating her in that moment.

"Well, let me call Kayla and see if Nick and her are almost here or what not." She spoke as she pushed up from the floor.

"Yeah, yeah." John waved her off and she shoved him on her way off the stage. She was making her way down the hall to the door that lead outside only to have it open before she reached it and in stepped Nick, Kayla and Eric.

"Oh there you are."

"Not all of us had a ride with the band." Nick teased and she chuckled.

"Yeah what was up with that?" Kayla questioned as they continued walking to the stage.

"What do you mean?"

"She means Garrett isn't the type to just invite strangers to hang out..." Nick replied for her.

"Dude, I don't know, he said John sent him over to ask it I needed a ride and then we got to talking and he just told me to ride with him. That's it." She defended and Nick just nodded although clearly not convinced that was it.

She shrugged crossing her arms as they stood on the side of the stage waiting for the show to begin. She really wasn't going to put too much thought into their theories. The guy was just being nice. What was wrong with that?

They have several minutes until the show started and she watched the guys continue to make sure everything was in order as Eric talked their ears off. Of course.

Garrett made eye contact with her and he chuckled causing her to roll her eyes. He assumed her unhappiness was due to Eric which he just found amusing really. Everyone liked him so it was pretty funny that she didn't.

"Did you know Nick and Eric were in a band together too?" Kayla asked and Remi turned to look at them, "Did you break up because of Eric?" She asked Nick and Eric's mouth fell open as Nick started to laugh. Before another word could be said someone grabbed her arm and she spun around to see Garrett.

"Hi." She tried to say but it came out a whisper.

"Will you do me a favor? You don't have to but..."

"Garrett. What is it?" She asked cutting him off and he grinned, "I left my phone in my car. Can you please go get it? Like I said, you don't have to, I just..."

She held her hand out and he stopped talking before digging into his pockets for his keys.

"Thank you so much."

She nodded with a grin before he sprinted back over to John. She of course turned around and was faced with the three now staring at her.

"What?!"

"Nothing at all." Kayla spoke calmly and she rolled her eyes ignoring them as she walked away. She as just being nice. Why did everyone have to blow things out of proportion?

She returned with phone in hand not even minutes later and once she stepped on side of the stage Garrett's eyes met hers. A smile lined his lips as he jogged over to her.

"Ah thank you. You're the best." He said seriously as she held out his phone to him.

"I know."

He chuckled as there eyes locked, his hand touching hers as he reached for the phone.

"Um, thanks again." He spoke nervously and she nodded crossing her arms, now feeling the same way. She assumed that was over and he would leave but, before he did so he leaned in, pressing his lips to her cheek before sprinting back to his position.

"You're right. Nothing at all." Eric said from behind her and although she knew she was blushing she didn't waste time turning around and pushing him causing him to laugh.

"Shut up." She grumbled crossing her arms back as the show began. Maybe she had a crush in Garrett Nickelsen but was that such a bad thing?
♠ ♠ ♠
Guys. This is literally the only active story I have going on right now so I might update more often then I want to simply because I have nothing else to write... Which is now saddening. This one story thing has never happened before! :(

Anyways! Thanks for commenting;

Chelsea13 (haha, thanks! I'm naturally sassy so I figure why not make the character? It's less work for me. Lol)

Kayyish (I was waiting for someone to say that! Haha. As far as I've written I was like; yep someone's going to tell me that....lol and I'm so glad he's actually like that! Score for me! Ha.)

WhiskeyPrincess118 (THAT WAS THE BEST THING EVER! Thanks for that. Haha)

Lovelyhope (I'm sure he's bound to be secretly excited a lot more in this story lol)

RecycledSweaters (ah thank you. Glad you like it!)

:)