Status: In progress, starts off slow, but their adventures will soon enough become dangerous, fast paced and exotic!

Shifted

Foreward

"What if I told you we could have a real adventure?"

I feel a little paragraph is in order to clarify one thing about this idea. It is mine, not any of my friends. I am the one who thought it up, and yes, I do honestly think that maybe there are other worlds, other realities, with different rules and different geography and races. I mean it is possible if nothing else. As to the rest, that's just my creative take on how I believe the universe functions. In no way am I representing anything about the ideals, actual lives or events, or beliefs of my friends in this story. They are simply the people who I believe would come with me, and be the most pleasant companions to have with me, if, or when this could, or did, actually happen.

The reasons for this are simple. Ted, Ben and Melissa are like family (Melissa actually is, she's my cousin), whereas Ted and Ben are like brothers to me, and like me, they to enjoy creating stories, characters, and adventurers in their minds. We also all play Dungeons and Dragons, and Ted, like myself, writes as well. Melissa doesn't write or play Dungeons and Dragons, but she was my childhood best friend, and somehow, even after almost a decade of no contact and only just 'finding' each other again, it seems like she still is. As for Katie, she doesn't play Dungeons and Dragons either, but she also writes and creates stories in her mind. Also, there isn't anyone else I would rather have with me. I need her with me, she is my muse, my love, my light for my imagination. A final credit also needs to go to all my favorite bands, for inspiring me lyrically, musically, and just overall, providing me with something to motivate me no matter where I am in life. Be it Iron Maiden, the Dropkick Murphys, Eluveitie, or many of the others.

Anyway, that was a bit longer then intended, shall we get on with the story already?