Status: In progress, starts off slow, but their adventures will soon enough become dangerous, fast paced and exotic!

Shifted

Chapter Six: The Muscle and the Magic

Keon smiled happily as Melissa and him drove to Union Station. It was about three in the afternoon on Monday. After a great weekend, it was unfortunately time to leave. He'd had a good time, bonding more with Jayson, spending the time Melissa was at work playing with the little guy. On Saturday, he, Melissa and her other cousin who lived about four houses from her, Jenna, had gone to see Looper. The movie had been quite interesting, about time travelling hitmen, basically. Keon had enjoyed it, more just as something to do. On the Sunday, they'd had a birthday Party for Jayson, which Keon had thoroughly enjoyed being a part of. Now it was time for him to catch the GO train to Brampton at three thirty, and then from there he'd catch the GO bus to Orangeville. His friend and older brother Ted would be waiting for him in Orangeville, and together they'd go and pick up Steve, a mutual friend of them both, from Angus, and then return to Shelburne.

He was excited to be home, although was also glad that Melissa had been off school at one today, and didn't have to work. It meant she could drive him to Union. He also was very pleased with the conversation of the drive, for as they left his Aunt Christina's driveway at about two-thirty, she started talking to him about the strange paper and token he'd given her.

"Keon. I want to tell you something. Promise you won't think I'm crazy?" she asked, as she carefully pulled out onto the street.

Keon chuckled. "Melissa, you're my cousin, and I used to, and hopefully still can call you my best friend. You have to be somewhat crazy, or else how would you deal with me. You can tell me anything."

Melissa smiled, and after a few moments trying to figure out how to start, she simply just blurted out. "I had a dream that night, the night you showed me that strange paper and gave me that token. It was an.....odd dream."

Keon sucked in a breath quickly, now paying full attention. He even quickly stopped his MP3 player. He quickly calmed down a little bit, and played it off different, for he wanted to see what she was talking about. "Well, odd how? I mean we all dream, and some of them are really strange. I dreamed I was a monkey in a boat made of cinnamon hearts and chocolate chip cookies once. It doesn't mean that it meant anything."

Melissa giggled a bit, and replied, "That is absurd, no nothing like that. This one seemed real. I was a young woman, an...elf I think. Anyway, I was living on a, like, travellers sanctuary, kind of. It seemed so real, and before and after it I heard this female voice. It sounded exactly how you described when you told me about how you came by the paper and the tokens."

Keon looked at her oddly. "Okay, tell me what happened in the dream, and exactly what her voice said."

Melissa proceeded to explain the whole thing, and throughout it all, Keon kept a calm look on his face, if a bit happy. Inside his mind however, as her tale went on, he was laughing. "Knew it," he thought to himself, "She's our cleric. I guarantee it." But he kept it to himself and kept listening.

She continued on, and explained what the woman's voice, which Keon had to guess was Mother herself, had said to her. He smiled when she told him, because when she ended off, it was obvious that Mother's plan had worked. Melissa finished her explanation, and took a deep breath. "Look Keon, I am kind of nervous about this whole thing, but I can't lie, I'm also really excited. I believe your right, and there is something to this. But I'm scared because I'm not the kind of person who wants to be alone somewhere unfamiliar. So if this is turns out to be real, promise me something?"

Keon smiled and without a second thought said, "Anything, we're family. What is it?"
Melissa nodded, and said, "Promise me you'll find me as quick as you can? I'd rather explore a place I don't know or understand with a friend then alone. Can you do that?"

Keon chuckled and smiled at her. "Melissa, you've my word on that. I've no intent of truly starting an adventure without my family and friends who are supposed to be with me. We're in this together, for the whole journey. And what a journey it will be!" He finished smiling.

Melissa felt as if a huge weight had come off her shoulders, and she found herself agreeing with Keon's high spirits. "A real adventure, a real epic journey. It'll be fun, and quite the experience I'm sure."

Keon nodded, smiling. After a few minutes of silence, they pulled up beside the bus station part of Union. They both got out and Melissa helped Keon get his stuff out of the trunk of the car. He still had about twenty minutes, but needed to go get his ticket, so he was going to leave now. He smiled at Melissa, and gave her a big hug. He kissed her on the cheek, and smiled at her. "Don't forget, Tuesday night!" he exclaimed as he quickly turned to cross the street.

Melissa smiled as she watched him walk into Union Station. She pulled her token out of her pocket, and stared at it for a moment. "I won't cousin, and I'll see you then." With that she smiled, pocket the strange coin, and got in the car. She drove off, in high spirits.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Keon moved awkwardly into Union Station. It was hard to walk well with two backpacks and a large yellow Rubbermaid laundry bag. But he managed, and moved up to the booth to pay for his ticket. The young dark haired woman behind the glass smiled at him. "Hello sir, what can I do for you?"

Keon smiled at her pleasant demeanor. He still looked every inch the raggedy metal head, wearing a pair of torn faded green camouflage pants, and a black Iron Maiden T-shirt, with the album cover from their first album on it, and heavy metal screaming out of his earbuds. Yet she seemed not to notice and seemed very sincere. It was a nice change from what he was used to, which was stares and glares of judgemental people. He spoke to her in a light hearted tone. "I'd like a ticket for the train to Brampton at three thirty please."

She smiled and quickly printed one. He handed her a ten dollar bill, and she handed him the ticket and about two dollars change. He thanked her and moved off to one of the benches near the stairwells that lead up to the train loading area. He quickly took out his cell phone, and noted the time. It was about two forty-five, so he had a half an hour before he needed to get up there. He quickly scrolled through his contacts, and found his fiancée's number, and started a voice call. For once however, it wasn't Katie he was wanting to contact. He was after her older brother, and a good friend of his, Steven.

He smiled as the phone started ringing. On the second ring, he heard a female voice on the other end that he instantly recognized as their mother, Kelly. "Hello." she said.
Keon replied quickly. "Hello Kelly, is Steve there please?"

Kelly responded, "Yes, let me go get," she stumbled as she realized Keon had asked for Steve, not Katie, "him." she finished. Keon waited, as he heard her yell out, "Steven, phone's for you!"

Keon waited and after a few moments, he heard his good friends voice on the phone. "Hello?" he said questioningly.

Keon smiled and replied, "Hey genius, get your shit together, I'm coming to get you around six thirty or seven. With Ted, of course."

Steven's voice sounded pleasantly surprised. "What, how and why?"

Keon laughed, and responded. "In truth I need to talk to your sister face to face about something important. But also because we want to do DnD tomorrow, and can't without the party's wizard. Consider it a gift, since I'm paying Ted gas money and paying for your food. Happy Samhain, brother." Keon finished, referencing the holiday of his faith that was celebrated on Halloween. He smiled and finished off his little answer. "So Steve, are you in?"

He heard Steve tell his parents "I'm going to Shelburne for a few days, Ted and Keon are coming to pick me up tonight," and then Steve was back on the phone, saying to him, "Yes, fuck yeah I'm in. See you then."

Keon chuckled as he heard his fiancée's wonderful voice call out, "Wait, what!? He's coming tonight to get you? Let me talk to him." But as much as Keon wouldn't have minded chatting with her, when they talked, time sometimes had a nasty habit of getting away from him. So he simply replied to Steve. "Alright, bro, I'll see you then. Tell Katie sorry, but I've got a train to catch." With that he hung up the phone. He smiled and quickly checked his texts, and was pleased to see a text from Ted, indeed confirming that he was okay with going to get Steve. Keon smiled and leaned back, relaxing for a few moments, keeping a careful eye on the time. It was three o'clock on the nose. He smiled quite pleased with how things were coming together for him. Soon he'd have all five signatures, and within the next thirty six or so hours, he would get to live the adventure of a life time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Steve smiled as the line went dead. He turned to look at his sister Katie, who had her hand held out for the phone. He chuckled and replied to her, "Sorry, he couldn't talk, he had a train to catch." and he hung it up. She glared at Steve for a moment but there was nothing to be done, so she simply went back to watching the TV show she'd been watching with her mom and her little sister Sami.

Steve moved downstairs, to his room in the basement, and started packing the necessary stuff in a backpack. A change of clothes, a few video games, and his laptop and charge cord. He moved through his room, and found his coat. In it was a few dollars in change. He took it out and counted it. About eight dollars and a bit total. He smiled, quite happy with that. He took his coat off, and placed it on top of his backpack, looking at his clock. He had about an hour until dinner. He turned on his TV and Xbox and started playing Mass Effect Three.

Upstairs, although Katie still seemed to be watching TV with her mom and sister, but in reality, three days later, the dream came back to her. Particularly the female voice she'd heard, the message about her love. He was going to be here almost five days early, if only for a few moments. As she thought about him, she found herself feeling light headed and very excited. She shook her way past those feelings, as hard as it was. Those had to wait until the coming weekend, when he was here specifically to visit her.

The more she thought about it, the more she came to the belief that it didn't make sense that this could be just coincidence. She wanted to see him, ached to it was true. But she also wanted to understand what, if any, connection between her strange dream and her love was. She was truly confused, and really annoyed at the mystery. She looked at the TV again, and sighed, smiling. The best thing, the only thing, she could do was let it go for a couple more hours and wait. If there was an answer to be had, she'd have it when her love got here.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Keon boarded his train calmly, smiling under his hood. He had both earbuds in again, and a new tune was about to start. A catchy drum beat played in, and upon hearing it, Keon smiled. He had recently fallen in love with this song, and everything it represented. Going out in Style, by the Dropkick Murphys. He started singing along to the catchy tune, smiling. He found a empty four section seat, and placed all his stuff as tightly as he could, leaving one spot open across from him. He sat down, smiling as he relaxed to the music, yanking out one earbud so he could hear the announcements of stops. His was basically one of the last stops in truth, but he still wanted to be able to hear when it was announced.

He was singing and enjoying himself, his eyes lazily half closed. He watched his surroundings, noting people in the same car as him. He watched lazily, as he relaxed to his music, taking note of everything from the look of the other passengers, to the scenery out of the window. He was quite comfortable, and already working his mind about his plausible upcoming adventure. He still couldn't quite believe it was real, but yet he had all the evidence on his person. Again, to reassure himself he ran his hand to each piece again. There was the strange paper in his front left pocket, the strange tokens in his back right pocket, and the ink and quill in the left pocket of his sweater. All in all, combined with how he came to possess those items, it was obvious that something out of the ordinary was behind it all.

He passed the time however, thinking about the dreams, about being a hunter. He was already a warrior in many ways, although he'd not fought for a while. He'd no longer needed to, for no one wanted to fight him. That was the way of it now, in the society he lived in. Fighting often took place as kids and young adults, but once you were in grade eleven or twelve, fighting was not the best of plans. Because then you could be charged and tried as an adult, which no one would want. So Keon had fought a lot when he had been fourteen and fifteen, but it had kind of just stopped being necessary near the end of grade ten. By the time he was sixteen, in grade eleven, he didn't even feel the need to fight, for no one tried to get him to. Everyone had started treating him with more respect.

But he still had the desire, and the skill set, if a little rusty. He did get a joy out of the art of combat, the pride of martial prowess. It was part of who he was, and he didn't feel the need to change. But society today seemed to believe it was a terrible affliction, a madness, to enjoy the art of combat, the skill of being a fighter. He didn't really understand it, but it was the world he lived in, so he dealt with it as best he could.

He fell deeper into contemplation, for many long minutes, keeping only one real connection to the outside world, his open ear, listening to the announcements for stops. After almost a half an hour he finally heard what he was waiting for. "Next stop Brampton, next stop Brampton." Keon smiled, and shook himself out of his contemplation. He rose, and gathered up all his things as best he could, and awkwardly made his way to the wall beside the door. As the train started to slow down, Keon quickly checked the change in his right pocket, insuring he had it all for the bus ticket. The train slowed and stopped, and the doors opened. The voice came over the intercom. "Brampton GO station, Brampton GO Station."

Keon smiled and quickly got off. He went down the stairs, and crossed to the waiting area. He saw that his bus was already here, and he quickly boarded, paying the five dollars in change. The lady printed the ticket, and he found an empty seat and somehow squished all his stuff in and managed to sit down with it. After about five minutes, the bus started out and Keon smiled, as he took out his phone. He quickly texted Ted's phone, letting his older brother know he was just now leaving Brampton. It took about an hour and half, just due to all the stops and the roundabout way the bus travelled. After sending the text, he sat back, relaxing again to his music. This time he had an hour and a half to kill almost. So he got as comfortable as he could and just let the music take him for a while.

He got a text back from Ted almost an hour later, just letting him know he would be waiting at the Pizza Pizza, on Broadway Street. The bus literally stopped all along Broadway Street, including about two buildings past the Pizza Pizza. That was perfect, for Keon was going to be hungry by the time he got to Orangeville. He smiled and texted back Ted. "That's perfect, and by the way, dinner's my treat tonight.". He clicked send, as he watched Caledon disappear from view.

At about ten after five they came into Orangeville, and the next twenty minutes was an almost tedious process of stopping about every two minutes to let someone off. There were so many stops in Orangeville. At about half past five, the bus finally stopped where Keon needed to get off. He was off the bus like a shot, and walked past two buildings, and across an intersection. He smiled as he saw his big brother's van, with the man himself waiting outside it. "Ted!" he called out, as he finished crossing the intersection.

Ted looked up and smiled as he saw his adoptee little brother approach. He hadn't changed since the last time they'd seen each other, he was still the same old stick boy, long hair, metal shirt and all. Keon noted that Ted looked like he'd actually lost a bit of weight, and seemed slightly more trim and fit. He dropped the yellow laundry bag, and the pair quickly hugged. Ted basically picked up his brother and good friend. After that formality was dealt with, Keon chuckled and nodded towards the Pizza Pizza. "You hungry big brother, cause I'm starving!"

Ted smiled and replied, "Yeah, I'm quite peckish, was a tough day today. So I could eat."

Keon laughed and as Ted opened the back of his van, he shoved his bags in. They closed the door and locked it, and walked into the restaurant. It was surprisingly not that busy for five thirty at night, only one table in use, and no line up. Keon and Ted moved up to the counter, and waited. A young man, with what Keon noted as oddly short black hair, came to help them. "Welcome to Pizza Pizza, how can I help you this evening?" he said, smiling.

Keon looked at him, and quickly ordered, anxious to get on the road. "I'll have a panzoretti with pepperoni, bacon and extra cheese please. Also, a root beer to drink."

Keon then looked at Ted, who quickly chimed in, "And I'll have a panzoretti as well, with pepperoni and bacon. To drink I'll take a coke."

The young cashier quickly punched it all into the cash register, and looked at Keon. "That'll be twelve fifty-two please." Keon nodded and handed him a twenty dollar bill. The young man punched it in, and the door popped open. He quickly handed Keon a five dollar bill and a few coins. "Seven forty-eight is your change, your food will be about ten minutes."

Ted motioned to the table at the far corner of the store, and Keon nodded. The pair sat down, and Ted looked at his good friend. Keon stared at him too, and took a deep breath. After a moment of thought, he spoke. "Ted, what if I told you that I think I had a way we could live a legit adventure, like the ones we play and write about? Would you hear me out, or think I'm insane?" Keon waited with bated breath, fingering the paper in his pants pocket.

Ted looked long and hard at Keon's face, scrutinising it. He saw no trace of lying, no trace of deceit. So he looked his good friend in the eye, and answered, "Before now, I'd probably have called you insane, but after Friday night, I have reason to think that there could be something to your words. So spill it all, and then I'll explain myself."

Keon nodded, and quickly broke down the story, handing Ted the paper, and the token with his face on it. Ted read as he listened, and despite himself, amazingly found himself believing what Keon was telling him. It seemed beyond reasonable belief, arguably even completely insane. But yet, the dreams, the note, the strange coins, all of it seemed far too much to be just coincidence. As Keon finished his explanation, Ted nodded towards the counter, to buy himself a bit of time. Keon turned to see that their food was up, and he rose and grabbed both trays.

When he returned and sat down, Ted and him started eating. Ted took a couple bites to think, and then explained to Keon what he and Ben had went through. "We had these strange dreams, both of us. At the exact same time, in the exact same type of world, but two different places." He proceeded to explain further, and as soon as he mentioned the female voice, Keon realized the connection. When Ted finished, Keon just nodded and explained his dreams, and his cousin's, to Ted.

When he finished, they were both basically done eating, and Keon quietly slid the ink and quill out of his sweater and across the table to Ted. Ted dipped the quill, but hesitated. Keon watched, and Ted seemed deep in thought, too deep, so Keon took it into his own hands. "Come on Ted, think about it. So far four of us that we know about, have had these dreams, with the exact same female voice telling us the exact same thing. Do you really think that could be coincidence? And even if it is, do you want to not sign and never know? Where's your sense of adventure, your thirst for knowing the unknown?"

Ted looked up at him, and sighed. "Fuck it all, what's the big deal. If you're right, it'll be the chance of a lifetime. If my doubts are right, nothing will happen. No negative there." and with that he signed it. Keon watched the pentagram, to see where Ted's name appeared. As Keon suspected, slowly the name 'Theodore Bricker' showed up at one of the empty points of it, with a stone underneath his name. Keon looked at Ted, and was pleasantly surprised to see that his face didn't seem to question it. Then again, Ted was normally pretty good at putting such things together in his mind.

As they rose and Keon put everything back in his pockets, he smiled and thought to himself, "I was right again, we have our tank." Together they got into Ted's van, and set off to get their friend Steven.

As they drove and talked to pass the time along the almost hour and a half drive, Keon contemplated exactly what to say to Katie. How he should go about explaining this all. She was going to be the toughest to convince for sure, so he wanted to be prepared.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Katie glanced at the clock, anxious for Keon to get there. It was half past six o'clock, and she found her curiousity overwhelming. She was up in her room, watching through her window for a car. She didn't know what Ted would be driving, so every vehicle she saw coming down her street shot up her excitement level. But time and again, the vehicle just drove on by, and she was forced to sit down and wait again. She really wanted to know if there was anything to the dream, and the strange voice she'd heard near the end of it. After all, the chances of having such a dream, and then Keon just randomly showing up for a bit less than three days later, were rather low. A dark green van came onto her street, and once again she started getting excited.

This time however, it wasn't in vain, as the van pulled into her driveway. Out of the passenger side stepped Keon, her fiancee and the man she'd fallen in love with. He looked just as she remembered him almost two months ago, slightly longer hair, but just as handsome. She felt a bit of passion rising, and just couldn't contain herself. She ran down the stairs, and called to her older brother, yelling excitedly. "They're here!" She opened the door before either Ted or Keon could even knock, and quickly embraced her love, kissing him passionately.

Keon couldn't contain himself, so despite himself, he gave as good as he got, and the kiss lasted many minutes, until Ted cleared his throat. Keon regretfully stopped, and hugged her tightly, whispering in her ear, "I need to talk to you, let's go downstairs for a few moments."

Katie nodded, and made the excuse of going to help Steve, along with Keon. Together they went downstairs, to see Steve was just getting his stuff together. He nodded to Keon, and spoke "Hello, sir."

Keon looked over his good friend. Not much had changed in two months. He still had dark brown hair, lots of freckles, and scruffy small moustache. He was a lot shorter then Keon, maybe an inch or two taller than Katie. He was probably close to a hundred and sixty pounds, and admittedly a little chubby. He would willingly admit it, he just didn't care. Keon smiled, and nodded towards the stairs. "Hey man, Ted's upstairs waiting, I'll be up in a few moments."

Steve got the message, and moved up the stairs without another word. Keon turned his full attention to his beautiful fiancee. She looked more amazing then he remembered. She was about five foot six, and probably close to a hundred and forty pounds. She had a great body, but also a beautiful personality that seemed to radiate from her person. That more than any physical trait, was what attracted Keon. But of course he found her undeniably physically attractive as well. She had great curves, and as he thought about her, he found his groin stirring. He would like nothing more than to screw the talking, and just kiss her and touch her in all the ways she loved. But he had a task to accomplish, and it was the chance of a lifetime. So after just kissing her again, tasting her tongue whilst he did so, he stopped and stepped back. "You are the sexiest, most beautiful and amazing woman in the world, and I wish I could just keep kissing you. But I've something important to talk to you about."

Katie stopped smiling that smile that Keon loved, thankfully, for he wasn't sure if he'd have been able to stop himself had she taken control and demanded he kiss her. She looked at him, kind of nervous. "What is it?" she asked, blunt as always.

Keon fidgeted out the paper nervously. He handed it to her, and simply said, "Read it, and I'll explain."

Katie did so, and her jaw dropped a little bit. It seemed surreal. She had to reread it two times, and even then, it still shocked her. She stuttered through a question. "When, and how?" was all she could get out.

Keon sighed, and gave her the most informative, yet brief explanation he could of the events of the past few days, and of the dreams. Whilst he did so, he took out her token, and the quill and ink. He handed her the coin as he finished, and the ink and quill as well.

She looked at the token, and took a step back. The side of the coin she was staring at seemed a perfect reflection of her face. She was in shock a little bit, but moreso because the dream now seemed more in perspective. "It was real, all of it. It was real." she muttered.

However, Keon didn't have his headphones in, for he never did when talking to her. So he heard her muttering, and looked at her. "What was real, lover?"

Katie looked up at her lover, the one she was engaged to, and smiled. She couldn't believe it. This was all real. She explained herself as fully as she could, and watched as he smiled and then laughed. "That makes five." was all he said, as he handed her the ink and quill. She smiled and signed, without even looking at it, gave it back. He quickly pocketed it, without looking at it either, for she had that look on her face again. The one she always got right before grabbing his shirt collar and demanding a kiss. Her hand came up, and before she could even ask, he obliged her desires. They stayed lip locked for many moments, lost in each other, but then came a voice that broke the moment. Ted's voice came from upstairs. "Keon, let's go, if you want to catch Ben tonight, we got to leave!"

Keon broke off and sighed, as he kissed her neck, and unwillingly slid his hands out from under her shirt. She pouted a little , and it almost stopped Keon in his tracks. It was so sexy, but everything about her was sexy. "I'm sorry, lover, but I have to go. But soon enough we'll be together in a world where we can do whatever we wish with each other!"

Katie nodded, clenching the token to her chest, and responded with a whisper, "There we can be true lovers, although soon enough we will be here as well."

It was just the kind of half promise that Keon just found such a turn on, because truth be told, they called each other lovers, but he and Katie had yet to sleep together. She wasn't quite ready, and if her parents found out, even now, there would be hell to pay. In truth Kelly and Wayne, Katie's parents, weren't the biggest fans of Keon, especially after he'd proposed, technically without any sort of warning. I mean all of Keon's friends, and both of Katie's siblings, had seen it coming from miles away, but somehow Kelly and Wayne had been totally oblivious. Even Katie wasn't as shocked as you'd expect, for they'd been talking about marriage and the future for months before he'd done it. She'd known it was coming, just not when exactly.

He didn't care though, for they were just another two people on the long list of those who doubted him. He had his friends, his family, and his lover. That was all he needed. Everyone else was just someone he would take great pleasure in proving wrong. That was how he viewed life, and it was that view that gave him more drive than many knew. It was that drive that had fueled more all nighters in one year than he'd ever thought he'd need to pull in his lifetime. It was that drive that made him who he was.

He hugged her one last time, and kissed her on the cheek, and took off up the stairs. She followed him, and as he left, he said one parting thing to her. "Tomorrow night, don't forget!"

Then he was gone, in the van with Ted and Steve, laughing and joking. She smiled and nodded, clenching the token in her fist over her heart. "I won't." she whispered in a promise. Then she smiled and closed the door, and headed up to her room, to be alone and day dream about love, life, and adventure. Things were going to be interesting soon enough.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
As Ted drove out of Katie's neighbourhood, Keon took a peak at the paper. From the dream Katie had described, she was going to be an arcane spellcaster of some kind, which explained the insignia that had been on the back of her coin. He looked at the pentagram, and to his amusement, he'd been right again. Where once had been another empty point, Katie's name was now there, with a flame below it. He quickly folded it up and pocketed it, quite pleased as he thought to himself, "Now we have our mage."

That left Ben, whom Keon was willing to be his life was going to be their rogue. It was just who Ben was. He was sneaky, deceitful, and wasn't above underhandedly taking the advantage of a situation when necessary, yet still had a code of morals he would follow. The perfect fit in a group that already had a tank, a ranger, a caster and a healer. All that was missing was the looter, the thief. Keon suspected Ben was going to fall into that role quite well. Quite well indeed.

With that thought happily in his mind, he mentally moved back into the conversation with his friends, laughing and joking with them to pass the time along the drive. As he did so, he put his headphone back in his left ear, and smiled as again another perfect tune started playing. Warriors of Ice, a song by the pagan/Nordic metal group Northland. He hummed along, still participating in the merry conversation with his friends, as they drove yet closer to the final person he needed. One more signature, and then in just over twenty-four hours, the adventure could really begin. Keon tingled with excitement at that thought, finally truly believing that this was real, that this was happening. As unbelievable as it was, he was truly getting the chance of a lifetime. To live his own story, to carve out an epic tale of adventure with four of the people closest to him. The impossible had come to life, and Keon couldn't help but be happy with that, for it was more then he'd ever expected out of this life.