Until Next Time

Only baby scars

The bright, morning sun light beat in through Bay's thin curtains causing her to squint slightly as she pulled her clothes for the day out of her mahogony dresser. Although Bay was a fairly quiet and shy individual, her sense of style was far from it. She pulled on her stripped skinnies and her top they survayed herself in the mirror.
"That'll do." Bay sighed and slid her phone into her back pocket. She had arranged to meet Beau at their local park so they could spend the day together, away from her Mother. Once Bay had applied eyeliner and a small amount of mascara to her eyes, she crept down the stairs in the vain hope her Mother was unconcious or still asleep from the copious amounts of alcohol she had consumed the night before. Luckily for Bay, when she reached the bottom of the stair case, she could hear the soft snores of her sleeping Mother. As she passed the door to the living room, Bay heard her Mother stir and she froze. She then bolted out the door when she was sure that the drunk was completely asleep again.

Bay had arranged to meet Beau at his house which was only a few minutes walk away from the hell hole Bay lived in. She absent-mindedly kicked a small stone along with the toe of her boot as she walked down the sidewalk. Cars passed but not many. Considering it was only 9:36 on a Saturday morning it was understandable. Bay had always been an early riser, waking up at six most mornings when she had to walk to school because her Mum refused to drive her or having to make sure she was up in time to cook her Mum breakfast on the weekends. Fortunatly, on most weekends, Bay was free to do as she pleased because her Mother was either so drunk or high that she couldn't comprohend the english language, nevermind track down her teenage daughter, who could have gone anywhere. When Beau's house came into sight Bay's mood immediately lightened. Beau was the only person who really understood and appreciated Bay as a person, when they were together it was like nothing else mattered, they would just sit and talk or play video games or, well anything really, so long as they were together they were both happy. They have never been more than best friends so there were never any awkward moments or situations that would affect their friendship which they were both thankful for.

"Hey B" Beau smiled when he opened the door after Bay had knocked.
"Beau!" Bay grinned and tackled her best friend in a tight hug. They stayed in each others arms, enjoying the moment for a couple more seconds before Baeu leant back.
"Guess what I just bought?" Beau smirked. Bay raised an eyebrow at him
"What?" Bay asked, placing her jacket on the banister rail. Beau pulled a set of DVD's out of the cabinet by the TV. "LORD OF RINGS!" Bay yelled and tried to snatch them out of Beau's hand but, because he was alot taller than her, he only had to raise his arm slightly before the box was out of her reach.
"Bitch." Bay muttered under her breath and jumped onto the leather couch, across from the TV.
"Should we watch the Two Towers first?" Beau asked, even though he already knew what Bay's answer would be.
"Of course! Don't ask stupid questions!" Bay laughed as Beau placed the DVD in the player. Once the film was set up and playing, Beau sat down next to Bay and pulled her onto his lap. She reacted immediately by snuggling further into his chest and curling up into the fetus position. They spent most of the day watching films and talking about random shit before Bay noticed the sun was begining to set and paniced slightly. Her Mother would surely have noticed she was gone by now.
"I have to go!" She said a little louder than she meant to.
"Wha-Why?" Beau asked, looking at her with a slightly worried expression.
"My Mum" Was all Bay had to say before Beau understood exactly why she had to leave. He tossed her her keys and kissed her cheek before she walked out the door.
"Be careful Bay!" Beau yelled after her, just before she turned the corner and went out of sight. She nodded her reponse and started walking back down the side walk.

Bay couldn't help but wonder what it would be like if her and Beau were together as she walked away from his house. They were so close yet they never had those sorts of feelings for each other. Although Beau was always a bit of a ladies man, never once had he had a relationship that lasted more than a month. In all the years Bay had known him he was always that guy all the girls wanted but none could have. Bay remembered one time in middle school when one of the popular girls, Hannah, had thought that they were dating and, because Hannah had a bit of a thing for Beau, did everything in her power to make Bay feel bad about herself, calling her names, hitting her, I guess you could say it was bullying but Bay never did anything about it. That was why Bay had first cut herself. Although she no longer did it and hadn't done for atleast two years, the thought crossed her mind often but was neary always pushed aside by Beau's voice telling her that she was beautiful.

Bay was the sort of person that was very confident and bubbley when you got to know her but to strangers she was shy and quiet; only speaking when absolutely nessasary and avoiding making eye contact. She never understood why Beau, a very good looking, funny guys had chosen Bay, a shy, secretive girl who has more issues than most average teenagers. Bay was shaken from her thoughts by a loud gun shot echoing through the air. Her eyes grew wide when she realised where the shot had come from. Her house.