Black and White

and shades of grey

I tighten my grip on her fingers as her soldiers march before us. We stand together on the edge of a cliff holding hands, overlooking her army heading towards their next battle. My lover had set her sights on yet another slave city to free, and I could only provide her with support. After all, she freed me.

I remember when she gently touched my arm below the gash that my master had given me during the city’s siege for disobeying. Her caring stroke across my rougher, darker skin brought me out of my daze and she helped me to my feet. She gazed into my eyes and promised that I would be safe now, and I believed her.

I remember when she told me to call her Daenerys. She insisted that ‘your grace’ was too formal and that she felt as though we were friends. I bowed my head to hide my blush and attempted to go about my usual activities as if I was calm about her decision, but I was really just a delighted mess on the inside. I had never meant so much to someone before.

I remember when she took me by the hand and led me outside of her tent to gaze upon the night’s sky. It was a remarkable view and we shared many secrets as we drank the fine wine that she was used to and I was not. Dany helped my drunken state into her bed that night but did not leave, and instead we held each other close and I was filled with joy from being wanted.

I remember when she first revealed herself to me. Pale skin and the whitest of hair contrasted my black locks and brown skin, but we fitted together in the most perfect entanglement of bodies. Our nervousness was overcome by pleasure, and I recall how content I was when I fell asleep next to her that night, feeling like the luckiest person alive.


And now I stand next to Dany, gripping onto her hand for what may be the last time if we lose to the enemy. I have faith in her, her cause, and her dragons, but that does not stop me from being scared of what the future holds for us. She runs a soft thumb across my knuckles and comfort floods my body, relaxing my tense muscles as I glance across at her stunning face. I know without a doubt that she completes me, and I can only hope that I give her something back in return for all of the good that she has done for me.

“Can you truly defeat this city?” I ask cautiously and Dany looks across at me, her expression showing her understanding of my concern.

“Only with your love to motivate me, Myranda,” she replies with a soft smile. She pecks my lips before walking away to her advisors, and I notice that I have finally eased into a smile. Dany has such power and she is using it to change the world for good. I can only hope that when she reaches the Iron Throne of her dreams, both of us can rule as the queens of Westeros.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please comment with what you thought of this! I quite like how I've written it, and feedback's always appreciated! :)