Bulletproof Love

Chapter Fourteen

Chapter Fourteen:

Alan

When I wake up the next morning, I groan a bit. I did have a few nightmares and I didn't have anyone to chase them away. So I had a terrible night. I reach for my phone and turn it on. As soon as it's on, I see I had 56 messages and 23 missed calls all from Austin.

"Alan, where are you?"

"Answer me!"

"Tell me where you are!"

Those were some of the messages and what they consisted of. I was going to check the voice mails now. "Alan, where are you?"

"ALAN! You better tell me where you are!"

"Alan, please, I miss you."

"I will ask Phil and Tino, Alan."

The second one was angry. And that kind of scared me. Austin rarely got angry, and this time, he sounded furious. I fumble with my phone a bit before I press call and bring the phone to my ear. It rings twice before he answers.

"Alan?"

"Hi, dad."

~~~

Kellin

The next morning, I wake with Vic's arms around me. I sit immediately and see Cope was in her crib. I could have swore I left her in bed with us. I feel Vic shuffle around in bed and the arm he has around me begins to tighten. "Go back to sleep," he says. "And in case you're wondering, I put Cope in her crib, so I could hold you."

"Ok. That's what I was wondering."

"Yeah, now go back to sleep." I nod and turn to face him so my face is buried in his chest. He tightens his arms around me and digs his face into my neck. I shiver a bit, but lean up to dig my face into his neck. Inhaling his scent, I close my eyes and go back to peaceful slumber.

~~~

The next time I wake up, I look up and see Jesse, Jack, Gabe, Justin, Alan, Tony, Mike, and Jaime looking down at Vic and I. I let out a scream and sit up, scooting to the headboard. Vic sits up immediately after hearing me scream. "What is it?! What's wrong?" Then he notices the others and begins glaring at them all.

"What are you guys doing here," he growls. They all give each other knowing looks and then turn to smirk at us. I was confused until they all held up their phones. My face paled immensely and Vic's glare intensified. They all snickered, though.

Jesse showed me one of the pictures he took and I blush at what I see. Vic had his face dug into my neck while I was pressed against his chest with his arms around me. Then he slides to the next picture and that one was of me with my arms and legs around Vic. I swear I could have died of embarrassment right then and there.

The guys kept showing us the pictures until I swear my face would remain permanently red forever. And Vic apparently had enough because he yelled at everybody to get out. When they left is when I finally got out of bed. "I am so embarrassed," I mumble.

I look to Vic and he seemed to be smiling. "I should be the one embarrassed. I'm suppose to be the tough and badass gang leader, but yet, there I was being gentle with you. They'd expect that from you because you're like a cute little kitten," and my face flushes at that. He chuckles before dropping his pants and I squeal, turning away quickly.

He laughs harder, but he tells me when I can look. When I do, I ask him if he can look away. I drop the pants and put on a fresh pair before removing the long-sleeve and replacing it with a t-shirt. I guess it was time for a change. Plus, the tee was baggy so it didn't hug my body. "You can look now."

And he does, but I was already on my way to get Cope. I pick up my daughter's sleeping body. We walk downstairs after finishing up in our room and greet the others this morning.

~~~

Austin

Where could he be? He's been gone for weeks. I run a hand through my hair violently. I was currently pacing my office, pulling and tugging at my hair. I can't believe he just left like that, does he really want a kid that much? The whole room was a mess, clothes everywhere, glass shattered.

"Hey, Austin, can I - " I hear Phil ask as he walks in. When he sees the room, he stops talking. He opens his mouth, then closes it again before speaking, "You know what? I'll come back later," and turns to walk out, but I stop him.

"No, it's fine. What do you need?"

"Um, I was just going to ask if you've heard from Alan, but judging from the state of your room, you haven't." I growl a bit, and he raises his hands in his defense. "Hey, I was just asking. It's not like it's my fault he left." I growl at him.

"Come on, Austin, I know something happened between the two of you. He just didn't tell me what." Then I perk up. Alan had talked to him before he left, or has talked to him since he left. "You talk to Alan?"

He pales, and for Phil, it's noticable. "No," he says, to quickly. He's lying. He's talked to Alan. "You know where he is!"

"N-No."

"Tell me where he is!"

"I can't! He told me not to!" I grip his arm tight and he winces. He knows where my husband is and he won't tell me where he is. My grip tightens and he round house kicks me. Stunned, I bring my hand to face and watch as he runs away. I begin running after him.

He runs down the street to his house and his boyfriend was sitting in a lounge chair on their patio. "Tino, get inside the house," Phil screams after his boyfriend. Tino runs inside and holds the door open for Phil before they slam it shut.

I begin pounding on the door, screaming at them to let me in. "Go away, Austin!" I hear them both yell from the other side of the door. I growl and my pounding hardens on the door. But they wouldn't let me in.

I feel hopelessness settle into my system and I stop hitting the door. I let my head lean against the door and I speak again, "Please... please tell me where he is."

I felt as though I had just given up, but what would be the point of me continuing if Alan doesn't even want me. As I begin to pull my head back, I hear the door opening. I take a step back and see Phil standing there, a sympathetic expression on his face.

"Okay, I won't tell you where he is because I promised I wouldn't, but I will give you a hint." I nod enthusiastically.

"Thanks, Phil."

"Ok. This is the only hint I'm giving you." I nod. "Okay. He's not in the country." Then he closes the door and I stand there dumbfounded before I begin walking home.

~~~

Kellin

I was currently out with Cope. It's been a month since Vic tried to rape me and I've started wearing tank tops again, but I still wear sweat pants. Cope is now three months old.

I can be touched, but I hate surprise attacks on me like when Vic comes up behind me or when he appears out of nowhere. But he knows and he's stopped doing it.

Jesse and them left a week ago, but Alan is still here. He hasn't seen or talked to Austin in a whole month. I wonder how Austin was holding up because Alan is a mess.

He looks like he doesn't sleep well and his eyes are always swollen and red-rimmed and I know he's been crying over it. But what Austin did really hurt him and he has yet to forgive him. I know Austin's tried to call him and he just ignores the phone. Then when Austin keeps calling, he turns it off.

Cope was currently looking at everything and anything. She looked so entranced, it was adorable. I walked her all around the border of HQ and she looked at the woods surrounding us. And that's when I hear it. Someone groaning. I take my phone out and text Vic to come to the border beside the the garage.

I tentatively walk to the fence and look out and see someone's silhouette. I jump back, gasping. But then I hear them speak, " H-Help," they say. I begin climbing the fence, making sure Cope is okay.

When my feet touch the ground, I begin walking to where the noise came from. "H-Hello," I call.

"Help," is the weak reply. I begin walking towards the noise, but I was hoping Vic would hurry here. I look down at Cope, but she was calm, just mesmerized by her surroundings. Good.

"Kellin!" Vic.

"Over here," and then he appears. "Vic, I heard someone calling for help." He nods and we begin walking towards the noise. Vic was tense and behind me, but I knew that if someone were to attack, he'd step forward.

But then he stops and when I look at what he was looking at, I gasp. There laid two boys, one younger than the other. The oldest was the wounded one. The youngest was sitting over him, crying. I quickly hand Cope to Vic and walk to the boys. "Kellin, wait," but I ignore him.

I get down on my knees and sit beside the oldest. The little one begins glaring and I smile at him. "It's okay, I'm not going to hurt you. I want to help," I say, soothingly. He nods and I begin to inspect the boy. He was beat up bad and looking at the youngest, he was too.

"I need to get you guys to shelter. Would you let my husband carry the boy to our house. You need to come also." He looked scared.

"Will you help him," he asks, and I was surprised. I didn't think he'd talk to me. But I answer his question. "Of course," I say. And he nods.

"Vic, pick up the boy. I'll take Cope." He nods and picks up the boy, bridal style. I hold Cope in arm and outstretch my other to the boy. He takes it cautiously, but I smile soothingly. We begin walking to HQ, and along the way I talk to him.

"So, what's your name, sweetie," I ask him. He looks shocked, but answers me. "Rowan."

"And who is that boy to you?"

"My brother."

"What's his name?"

"Liam. Who are you?"

"I'm Kellin. This is my daughter, Copeland - Cope for short. And the man holding your brother is my - I guess you could say - husband - Vic."

"She's so cute, can I hold her?"

"Of course," I say, moving his arms to the position they should be in and place her in them. Rowan smiles up at me then down at her. "Um, I'd hate to be rude, but who's the mom?"

I sigh, "To be honest, Cope doesn't have a single drop of Vic's or my blood in her. We don't know who the dad is. But I did meet her mom, but I only got her name before she died. She had died right after giving birth. And I took Cope in and both Vic and I raise her as our own. But we do plan on telling her when she's older who her mom is."

"And what's the mom's name?"

"Katelynne." And he stops walking altogether, gasping. I begin to worry. "Rowan, honey, what's wrong?"

"She - That - Katelynne is my mom's name. The last I saw her she was pregnant, but she escaped and promised she'd send help for us. She never did."

"Rowan, what did your mother look like?"

"She had black hair - long - bangs, she was white, brown eyes, sharp features. Last thing she was wearing was a white gown," and I gasp at him. His description fit Katelynne.

"Rowan, meet your baby sister, Copeland," I tell him. Tears build up in his eyes, realizing what that meant.  "My mom - she's dead," he says and I nod sadly.

"I'm so sorry, Rowan."

"It's - It's okay. Thank you for saving my sister, I guess."

"It was no problem, Rowan. Now, come on, we're here. Vic will call the gang doctor and your brother will fine. Vic and I'll give you a place to stay. Would you like to share a room with him or be in separate rooms," I ask him as we walk inside the house.

"Wait - you-you're in a gang," he asks, in a suddenly scared voice.

"Oh, don't be afraid. Vic is the leader of the gang and he'll make sure no one ever hurts you." He nods, but I could tell he was still afraid.

"Good. Now, rooms?"

"I'd like to share a room with Liam. Please."

"Ok. That can be arranged. Now, you can pick any room you want. Vic and I will be in the living room with Liam, waiting for the doctor."

Rowan hands me Cope and walks off to find a room. I smile at his silhouette before walking to Vic as he places Liam on the couch. Cope begins reaching to Vic and I laugh, handing her to him. He smiles as he takes her and I sit down beside Liam's head, placing it on my lap.

I wonder what happened to you. You and your brother. I run my hand through his hair and he squirms a bit. "Vic, did you call the gang doctor yet?"

"I'm doing it now," he tells me. Then I hear start talking in Spanish on the phone. I bring my attention back to Liam. You're so young, why are badly beaten?

Then I hear someone descending from the stairs and Alan barges in with an upset Rowan trailing behind him. "Kellin! Vic! There's a little boy in the house," he yells. Looking at Rowan, he looks like he's about to start crying. "I'm not weird." I was about to say something, but Vic beat me to it.

"Alan, Rowan here is our guest. He and his brother will be staying with us for as long as they need," he says, walking up behind Rowan and placing a comforting hand on his shoulder. And Rowan sends him a small smile.

"Oh. But why was he roaming the halls?"

"He was picking a room for he and his brother." He nods and walks to Rowan. Rowan looked kind of scared. "Sorry for calling you weird. So to make it up to you, I can show you the best rooms in the house for you to choose from."

Rowan looked at me for guidance and I smile at him. "Go ahead," I say and he nods, taking Alan's hand. Then the doorbell rings and Vic walks to open it. He walks in with the doctor trailing after him and I'm pretty Vic is explaining what happened, but he was speaking in Spanish, so I don't know.

The doctor walks over to Liam and begins inspecting him and as he bends the knee, Liam wakes up. "Whaa-Where am I," he says, freaking out and sitting up only to wince in pain.

"Liam, calm down. We're not going to hurt you. We're here to help."

"Where's my brother? Where's Rowan? And who are you?"

"Your brother is with a good friend of mine and they're picking out a room for both of you to sleep in. Do you want me to go get them?" He nods. "Also, I'm Kellin." Then I get up and begin walking to the stairs.

When I find Rowan and Alan, Rowan runs down the hall to see his brother. Alan and I following behind. When we do reach the living room, Rowan was hugging Liam and Vic was speaking to the doctor. Then the doctor leaves.

"So what happened," I ask.

"He said Liam should be fine, just a bit of bruising." I nod and walk to the two boys. "Rowan? Where are we?"

"We're at Kellin's house. He's the one who found us and he's offered to take us in." And Rowan so happy about it, but Liam not so much. "Oh, yeah? What's the catch? You want us to have sex with you? Pleasure you?"

"What? No, of course not. What kind of sicko would do that to a couple of young boys? We don't want anything in return, we just want you to get better. Plus, I'm a virgin. I wouldn't force you to do something I'm not even willing to do myself."

"I wish I were a virgin," Rowan mumbles. And that confuses me. "You're not a virgin? But... how old are you?"

"12."

"Both of us aren't virgins, we were raped by the old gang that had us," Liam snaps.

"That's horrible. We would never do that," Alan says.

"Kellin, how old are you," Liam asks.

"22." He raises an eye-brow.

"What? You're 22 and you're a virgin?"

I begin blushing, "Why does everyone ask that? Is it really that surprising that a twenty-two year old is a virgin?" They all say yes and I begin pouting. "Forget you all," I mumble and the boys laugh and that brought a smile to my face.

"Wait - how are you a virgin if you're with Vic?"

"Because I'm not ready to have sex."

"I wish we had that choice." And I frown, who did that to them? And why? But they ignore it and begin making fun of me again. I roll my eyes, though. "Whatever. I'm leaving now. I have to clean," I say, getting up.

"I have a gang meeting," Vic says.

"I'll help," Alan says. I nod and Vic hands me Cope. Before he leaves, I peck his cheek and he pecks mine before walking out the door. I place Cope in her space-saver, strapping her in.

"If you want, we can help," Liam says. I send them a grateful look. "You don't have to."

"We want to."

"Ok, but there's not much to do, but can one of you start sweeping the kitchen and the other start dusting?" They nod and Liam goes into the kitchen. Rowan walks to me and I hand him the broom.

Next thing I know, music is blasting all over the house and Alan is doing some dance, that or he's having a seizure. I hear the boys laughing at him, although it was hard to catch since the music is loud.

I begin vacuuming and we all begin cleaning the house. Alan offered to clean the bathroom in the hall. I had given Cope a bottle to drink while we clean.

Next thing I know, two hours had passed cleaning and I squeal at the song that comes on. I was currently mopping. The sexy beat was blowing the speakers and I felt my body move to the beat. I was snapping to the song. And then I start belting out the lyrics and Alan - bless him - lowers the volume so you could hear my voice, but also Adam Lambert's voice.

"So hot
Out the box
Can you pick up the pace?
Turn it up,
Heat it up
I need to be entertained
Push the limit
Are you with it?
Baby, don't be afraid
I'm a hurt 'ya real good, baby."

I see Alan laughing as I'm moving my body to the song, probably because I can't dance. I laugh a bit, but ignore him. But he was laughing really hard.

"Let's go
It's my show
Baby, do what I say
Don't trip off the glitz
That I'm gonna display
I told ya
I'm a hold ya down until you're amazed
Give it to ya 'til you're screaming my name."

I was seriously dancing way too provocative for my liking, but it was so fun. Then the boys walk in as I'm dancing and mopping at the same time. I think I even heard one of them mumble, "Oh, God, he's like an embarrassing dad. But at least he can sing."

"No escaping when I start
Once I'm in I own your heart
There's no way you'll ring the alarm
So hold on until it's over

Oh, do you know what you got into?
Can you handle what I'm 'bout to do?
'Cause it's about to get rough for you
I'm here for your entertainment

Oh, I bet you thought that I was soft and sweet
'Ya thought an angel swept you off ya feet
But I'm about to turn up the heat
I'm here for your entertainment."

I made sure to point at all of them and make a seductive face at each of them. And that makes them laugh harder.

"It's alright
You'll be fine
Baby, I'm in control
Take the pain
Take the pleasure
I'm the master of both
Close your eyes
Not your mind
Let me into your soul
I'm a work it 'til you're totally blown

No escaping when I start
Once I'm in I own your heart
There's no way you'll ring the alarm
So hold on until it's over."

And they just stared at me, smiling and laughing. I stuck my tongue out at them when I got the chance. And they did it back. Well, Alan stuck up his middle finger, but whatever.

"Oh, do you know what you got into?
Can you handle what I'm 'bout to do?
'Cause it's about to get rough for you
I'm here for your entertainment

Oh, I bet you thought that I was soft and sweet
'Ya thought an angel swept ya off your feet
Well I'm about to turn up the heat
I'm here for your entertainment."

I knew this was when the harder parts came on.

"Oh oh...
Oh oh...
Entertainment...
Oh oh... Oh entertainment...
I'm here for your entertainment...."

"There's no way, he can hit that high note," Rowan says. I smirk and continue singing, about to prove him wrong.

"Oooohhh...
Do you like what you see?
Wooooaaaahhhh...
Let me entertain 'ya till you screeaaam."

When I look at them, they both had their mouths ajar. I smile and wink.

"Oh, do you know what you got into?
Can you handle what I'm 'bout to do?
'Cause it's about to get rough for you
I'm here for your entertainment

Oh, I bet you thought that I was soft and sweet (bet ya thought)
'Ya thought an angel swept ya off your feet
Well I'm about to turn up the heat (turn up the heat)
I'm here for your entertainment."

By the time, I was done, the boys were shocked and I was about to remark something when a voice beats me to it. "Well, I must say I was entertained and I would love for the words you sang to come true."

I whirl around to see Vic smirking at me and holding a phone. I begin blushing, "How long were you there?"

"Since the song started." My cheeks darken. I hear Alan laughing harder than ever behind me. And the boys were snickering. "I have never been so embarrassed," I mumble. Then louder, "Who'd you send it to?"

"Everyone you know," next thing I know, the phone in my back pocket is vibrating and I see Jesse's, Justin's, Jack's, and Gabe's messages, along with Austin, Alex, Jack, Mike, Tony, Jaime, and Vic's parents. I pale immensely. This is so embarrassing. "I'm going to my room," I mumble blushing.

I begin looking at the messages the guys sent starting with Jesse's message, "Nice dancing, Kellin. ;)." Let the blushing crimson begin.

"I was entertained." Justin.

"Awww, that was so cute and funny." Gabe.

"There are just some things you just can't unsee." Jack.

"Ooh. Getting your groove on, huh, Kellin? ;)))" Alex.

"Nice! Should have had less clothing." Jack B.

"Uhh, what did I just see?" Austin.

"Hahahahahahahaha." Mike.

"Right... what drugs are you on, Kellin?" Tony.

"Hahahahaha. Nice!" Jaime.

"Kellin, sweetie, were you dancing for Vic?" Vivian, Vic's mom.

By the time, I read the last message, I was blushing full on crimson. Vivian's message being the most embarrassing. I can't imagine dancing like that for Vic. That'd be so embarrassing.

I look up when I hear someone open the door. Vic appears beside me and he was smiling. "What were some of the messages?"

"See for yourself," I say, handing him the phone. He begins reading them and laughs at some of them and glares at others. "It's okay, it was cute," and I blush.

But before I could reply, Alan sticks his head into the room, "Hey, I'm taking tgw boys out with me. Cope is in her space-saver."

I nod, "Thanks, Alan." And then he's gone. Vic smiles and gets behind me. He puts his legs at my sides and pulls me to his chest.

I hum in content, "This is nice," I tell him. He lets out a small laugh, "It is," he agrees. Then he stays silent before he places a hand under my chin and turns my head to face him. He places his lips on mine.

I begin kissing back. He traces his tongue over my bottom lip, but before I could give him entry, he pulls back and places his forehead on mine. His eyes bore into mine and he smiles. "Kellin, I - " but then the doorbell rings.

I pull back and begin walking out the room and down the stairs. And then I reach the front door. And when I open the door, I gasp at who it is.

"Austin."