Bulletproof Love

Chapter Twenty-Four

Vic

I run to Kellin's dad and take Kellin from him. I felt tears build up once seeing him. He was also so light. How much did they feed him? I turn to glare at Kellin's dad.  "Oh, my God. Kellin!" Jesse gasps. He also fixes a tearful glare on Kellin's dad.

"Who did this to him?" I growl.

"Who do you think? My brother." He sighs, so defeated. "Now, I know what Kellin went through for eight years. God, I'm a monster."

I don't bother correcting him. I wasn't Kellin who would have tried to make him feel better. He was right, he was a monster for leaving Kellin behind with his brother. "Where is that son of bitch?"

"He was behind me. I think they're still chasing me." And I nod, turning to walk away. "Good. Bring them all to me. And you, come with me," I command, pointing at Kellin's dad. I have got to learn his name. He follows behind me and I look down at Kellin's sleeping form. He was still as beautiful as the day I lost him.

But looking down at his body, I see his torso was covered in a word carved into his skin. My hatred for that man grew at seeing it. Kellin would never be worthless. I wanted find that man myself and rip his heart out.

We reach the gates and I open the door, not bothering to wait for him. I take Kellin to our house and run to our old bedroom. "Tony!" I see Kellin's dad jump from my peripheral vision. Tony rushes in and gasps when he sees Kellin. "Call the doctor." And he nods, running back out.

I grab my phone and call Austin. "Hello. This Austin Carlile speaking."

"Austin, it's Vic."

"Vic? Oh, my God. What happened?"

"We found him."

"Holy shit! That's great."

"I know, you come see him whenever you want." I hear him say something on the other end, then I hear Alan scream out a, "Now!" I hang up and take Kellin's hand in mine. Then the door bursts open. "Dad!"

I turn to look at Liam and Rowan who's eyes were covered in tears. "Is Mom..."

"Come see him. He's not a good sight, but he's alive." They run to my side and look at Kellin. "Oh, God, Mom," they gasp out. They both get into bed with him and get on either side, just holding him. I turn Kellin's dad and see him staring in awe.

"Guys, this is your other grandfather..." I trail off. "I'm Jeuse." I nod at him and they wave. "Watch your mom, I'll get Cope." They nod and I walk out of the room. I walk down the hall to my new room where I had placed Cope and when I walk in, I see her playing a game with the guard. I laugh and she runs to me. "Dada!" She squeals. She reaches up and I pick her up.

"Si quieres, ya te puedes ir. Muchas gracias," I tell the gang member. "De nada, Vic." Then he walks out, but not before ruffling Cope's hair. I smile. I begin walking back to mine and Kellin's room and I already see the doctor working on Kellin.

He was working fast and the boys were standing beside the bed. Then I see Jeuse walk up to them and place a comforting hand on both their shoulders, but they had different plans and clutch onto them and cry. I knew they were upset, we all were. Tony was at the edge of the bed, biting his nails with tears falling.

Gabe and Jaime were on one of the couches in the bedroom and crying into each other. I hand Tony Cope. "¿Como esta Kellin?"

"Esta muy grabe, creó que vas a tener que llevarlo al hospital." I nod.

"¿Estas seguru?"

"Si, llevalo ahora mismo." I nod and pick up Kellin. "We're going to the hospital. Now." They all chase after me. We all walk to the garage and pick out the biggest car we have and place Cope's seat in it. Tony straps her, then gets in. Gabe and Jaime get in the back row. Liam goes with them and Rowan stays up front with Tony and Cope.

I was in the driver's seat and Jeuse was in the passenger with Kellin leaning on him. I bolt the road as soon as the garage door opens. I broke all speed limits until I reached the hospital. I jump out of the car and rush to Kellin before carrying him into the building.

"¡Necesito ayuda, pronto!" All kinds of nurses rush to me and start yelling things out at each other. One brings a stretcher and they take Kellin from me and take him deeper into the hospital. "Le vamos a pedir que nos espere aqui. Cuando algo pase, le vamos a decir." Then she runs off with the others.

The others finally caught up and ask me questions. "I don't know. They just took him. One of the nurses said she'll tell me if anything happens." We all sit down in chairs. The boys sat beside me whil I held Cope. Jeuse was pacing and the silence was only broken when my phone rings.

"Hello."

"We got him."

"Take him to the torture chambers, Mike. Wait until I get there. Feel free to do whatever you guys feel to him. We're at the hospital if Jesse wants to come."

"Okay." Some mumbling happens and then Mike's back on the phone. "Jesse's on his way. Jack's going with him. I'll be there as soon as I'm done with him"

"Good. See you later."

"Later." Then I hang up and I see Jesse, Jack and Justin running towards us. "How is he?" Jesse asks, frantically. Jaime's the first to speak. "You couldn't have gotten here that fast without breaking any speed limits." I see Jack walk to Gabe who was in tears and he pecks his lips, probably trying to calm him down.

"That doesn't matter. How is he?"

"We don't know. We just got him in and - " the nurse interrupts me. "¿Kellin Bostwick?"

We all get up and run to her. "¿Si, como esta Kellin?"

"El señor Bostwick va estar bien. Ahorita esta en cirugía por sus costillas. Si esta quemado un poco mal, pero le podemos dar una crema para eso. Su espalda tiene laceraciones, se sanaron un poco, pero va a tener que cuidar eso." I feel something wash the weight of the world from my shoulders at the fact that he's going to be okay.

"Okay, muchas gracias. ¿Cuando lo podemos llevar a casa?"

"Si todo va bien en la cirugía, esta noche."

I nod and thank her once more. Everyone who doesn't speak English turns to me. "He's going to be okay." And that's when everyone breathes out a sigh of relief. "Oh, thank God." We all go sit back down, much more relaxed and calm at the fact that he'll be okay.

Mike shows up a little after, nodding towards me, letting me know the bastard was safely secured. He walks to Tony and holds the relieved boy.  We wait a couple of hours more when a doctor walks up. "¿Kellin Bostwick?" We all get up again.

"Ya lo pueden ver si quieren. Esta despierto." We all nod and he leads us to his room. He knocks on the door once and we enter. We all freeze as we see Kellin sitting up in bed. He was a hospital gown and was laying back. He looked so much better. The blood was all cleaned off, the burns had some sort of cream on them. And you couldn't see the giant lacerations etched into his skin. "Kellin," we all breathe and he chuckles. God, I've missed his laugh.

He sends a smile our way and we all rush in. "Mom," the boys cry and run to his side. Kellin smiles and tears fill his eyes. He leans to the side slowly and hugs them loosely. "I've missed you, guys."

"We've missed you, too, Mom," they cry. Tears rush down his face, but he was smiling. They pull back and Jack, Justin, and Gabe rush to his side. They all hug him and laugh. "You gave us quite a scare there," Justin says.

"I'm sorry," Kellin smiles. They hug once more before Tony, Jaime, and Mike walk to him. Tony and Jaime hug him close while Mike stands in the back awkwardly. When Tony and Jaime pull back, Mike walks to Kellin. He just stood there and began to speak, "I missed you, Kellin. I know I'm not your most favorite person in the world, but - " Kellin cuts him off.

He had reached up and and wrapped his arms around Mike's neck and pulled him down. He was hugging Mike. Mike looked shocked, but his expression softened and he wrapped his arms around Kellin's small body. Then Kellin speaks, "I missed you, too, idiot." Mike laughs through his tears before pulling back.

Kellin looks at his father before gesticulating him over. Jeuse listens and Kellin hugs him before pecking his dad's cheek. "Thank you, dad. Thank you." His dads smiles softly and hugs Kellin tightly. "No need to thank me, I did it because I wanted to." Kellin nods and pulls away when Jesse runs to him.

"Kellin, oh, my God. I've missed you more than you can imagine. I was so scared. And we couldn't find you." Kellin nods as he hugs Jesse and pulls back. Jesse kisses his forehead before leaning down and pecking Kellin's lips once. They go back to hugging for a long time before Kellin pulls back and wipes away his tears.

Then he looks at me and his smile widens. I feel tears build up in my eyes and I walk up to him, handing him Cope first who squealed when she saw him. He smiled through his tears and held her close. She pulls back. "Mama?"

"Yes, baby. Yes, I'm your Mama." Cope smiles and pets Kellin's cheek. "Mama sad?"

Kellin chuckles. "No, baby. I'm happy." Cope nods and hugs him close again. "Miss you, Mama."

"I missed you, too, baby." They hug for a while before Kellin calls his dad over and hands Cope to him. He looked startled, but took her in his arms and Kellin looked at me. I lean down and peck his forehead and hold him close, showing him he's not broken. I lay him down and tell him everything will be alright.

I hold him until the doctor comes back and tells us we can take him home. I hold him as we get in the car. I hold him as I help him walk inside the house. And I hold him as we lay in bed.

When we had gotten him out of the hospital gown. I had seen that doctors had wrapped up his torso and back. It looked similar to what was wrapped around me when I was shot. He was really slim. The doctor had warned us to give him food, little by little. Starting with soups and working our way up.

I helped him walk up and down the stairs. He walked very slowly and carefully and I hated how much pain he was in. He never complained, though. He was just happy to be home. I didn't let him get out of bed too often which he did in fact hate. It took everything in me to not give him what he wanted.

I was helping him shower. It wasn't sexual, he couldn't stand on his own very much and it hurt him to be curled up in the tub. So, we compromised. I held him lightly to my side. I couldn't hold him too tightly or it'd hurt him. And me. We were currently under the water getting our hair wet.

Warm water soothed his aching body so I didn't bother turning it off as he put shampoo in his hair and mine. I grab the sponge and put soap in it before handing it to Kellin and wrapping my arm around him again. Looking at him now, you would have never guessed he was tortured a week ago. The burn cream worked wonders. His bruises were fading. The only downside were his lacerations. They were fading as well, but I knew they would always be there.

He scrubbed his torso lightly, along with his arms. It was my job to clean his legs and back. He hands it me and I lean down to scrub his legs gently. When that's done, he turns around slowly in my grip and I begin scrubbing his back gently. Then I scrub his shoulders and the water washes it away.

I lean down and kiss his smooth shoulder. He freezes and turns to face me. He stares up at me before bringing his hand slowly to my face and cupping it. "God, I've missed your touch," I tell him. Taking his other hand and kissing it. He blushes lightly but wraps both his arms around my neck.

I lean down slowly and connect our lips. It was heaven being able to kiss him again. We kissed softly and slowly. My grip never tightened and neither did his. We stood there kissing until the shampoo and soap washed away.

We pull back, but connect our foreheads. "I thought almost lost you," I tell him. "I thought I'd never see you again," he tells me.

"I love you," he tells me. "I love you so much."

"I love you so much, more than you'll ever know." I turn off the water and open the shower door grabbing two towels. I wrap one around my waist and I throw the other over my shoulder as I walk back to his shivering form in the shower.

I help him step out onto the matt and I begin drying him gently. I wrap his around his body. We walk out of the bathroom and into our bedroom. I grab his clothes first. Then walk back to him. I unwrap the towel and put on his underwear. I grab his wrap and walk back to him before I begin to wrap it around him gently. When all of his torso is covered, I help him into the shirt he always wears to sleep. We had moved back into our old room. Cope was sleeping in the crib beside our bed.

I put on my underwear before grabbing the towels and hanging them up to dry. Kellin was using the bedside table for support and I hurry to him. I pick him up gently and lay him down. I grab the covers and place them over him.

I get in after him and place my arm over his flat stomach. "Everything will be alright." I tell him.
♠ ♠ ♠
P.S. This story's almost over. Only three or two more chapters.