Bulletproof Love

Chapter Twenty-Five

I wake up sore and I wince. I grab my pain killers from the table and grab the glass of water Vic always leaves there. I lay back down slowly and Vic's arm tightens a bit. I smile knowing he's awake. "Good morning," I mumble.

"Morning. How are you?"

"I'm good. I just took my meds, so I should be okay." He sits up worriedly. "Did it hurt too much? Do you want to go to the hospital again? We can if you want. I can cancel every - " I cut him off.

"Vic, I'm okay. I promise. My ribs ached, but only a little bit." He doesn't look convinced and I sigh, trying to sit up. It really did hurt and Vic must have noticed because he worriedly helps me sit up. "Baby, if it hurts you too much, don't do it."

"Vic, I promise I'm okay," I say, bringing a hand to his face. "Don't you worry." He sighs and removes my hand from his cheek and brings it to his lips. He presses a firm kiss to it before cupping my face. He leans forward and presses his forehead to mine.

"I love you so much. I will worry, I have every right to worry." He pecks my lips. We pull back and just stare into each other's eyes. "Okay," I tell him. "Then at least try not to worry too much." He sighs, but nods. I smile at him and peck his lips before pulling back slowly.

I do my best to lay back down without hurting myself too bad. But I wince when I turn too fast and Vic sits up immediately. "Where does it hurt? Do you need stronger pills? How are we on a scale of one to ten?" I press a hand to his mouth.

"Vic, I love you. I do, but please calm down. Just help me lay back down and I'll be fine." He nods, placing one of his hands on my lower back and the other on my torso, but really lightly I could hardly feel it. I lower myself slowly and the hand on my back tightens a bit until my back lands on the soft bed.

While sleeping, I couldn't move, so I stayed in one position the whole time - on my back. Vic always placed his arm over my stomach.

My shirt rose up a bit and I sigh, knowing it'd be too much to pull it down. Vic leans on one of his hands as the other runs up and down my thighs. He stared at me while doing it.

We stayed that way for a long time until Vic laid down and Cope started crying. He got up and placed Cope on the floor. She began walking around happily. Then the boys ran in. "Morning," they say. I chuckle.

"Morning." I try sitting up, but groan. The meds took a while to kick in. Vic rushed to my side and helped me up. He places one arm behind my knees and the other under my neck. He picks me slowly and gently before placing me on my feet. My feet gently touch the floor and he moves away a bit.

Now it was time for the biggest struggle - walking. I take my first step and nearly fall over, but Vic caught me in time. He looked extremely worried, but he helps me stand again. The boys looked worried too. I sigh, I hated having people worry over me. "Boys, get your grandfather," they nod, running out.

Vic helps me walk to the bathroom. But before we enter, I see the boys rush in again with my dad. Except he was in his underwear and looked completely frightened. "We got him." And I laugh harder than I should have, but it was so funny.

"Boys, I just meant tell him to come. You could have given him time to get ready." I smile at them.

"Ohh. Sorry, grandpa."

"You're fine," he smiles at them. He walks out but not before telling us he would be returning. Then Vic and I enter the restroom. He holds me as I brush my teeth. Then he does. We walk back out and walk to our drawers. I pull out sweatpants and one of Vic's shirts. Vic removes his hand from my waist and gets down on his knees.

I use the drawers for support and Vic raises one of my feet and puts it through the hole of the pants. Then the does the same with the other before pulling them up. He stands and helps me remove my shirt. "Rowan, pass me your mom's wrap." Rowan runs to him and hands it over.

Vic begins to remove the wrap as my dad walks back in. Vic takes his time removing it. Then my torso is exposed and I see the faint scars of the word my uncle had carved into me. It brought back some memories and I close my eyes, trying to forget them.

I open them when I feel a hand tracing a different word into my word. It was Liam - he was tracing the word loving into my skin. He looks up at me once he's done and smiles. "You're not worthless - you're loving." I feel tears build in my eyes.

Rowan comes up after him and traces another word. It took me a while to figure it out, but it was wonderful. "You're not worthless - you're wonderful." I nod at him.

I smile at them and nod before Vic helps me put on the shirt. "Dad?"

"Yeah," he asks, smiling at us. "Can you carry Cope down the stairs?" He nods and picks up his grand-daughter. We all walk out, well Vic carries me, down the stairs. My dad sets Cope down as soon as we reach the bottom and Vic sets me down on the couch.

He walks into the kitchen and begins to prepare something for breakfast. It took a while, but once he's done, he calls us all in and he carries me into the dining room before setting me down gently on a chair beside him.

He treated as if I would break easily. I don't know if I should like it. I mean, it does show how much he cares, but I want to be able to move on my own. He carries me everywhere, he hovers over me making sure I'm not straining myself, and I can't shower alone. While I respect all of those, and I have gotten a lot more comfortable with him seeing me naked, I did want things to be normal again.

I grab Cope who walks over to me and place her on my lap. She hummed while on me and I played with the little hair she had on her head. Vic comes over with her bottle and I hand it to her which she takes happily. I eat over her making sure to not lean over too much and to not spill anything on her.

When she finishes her bottle, I feed her some of the egg Vic made. This happened until she wasn't hungry anymore. Then I set her down and she begins to happily walk about the house. I stand up slowly and take my time to the kitchen where I place my plate in the sink. The meds finally kicked in and I could walk without Vic's help.

I walk into the living room where Vic immediately gets up and walks to my side. "Vic, I swear I'm fine." He sighs, but nods. "I have to go out. Please dont stress too much. Have Rowan, Liam, and your dad help you out. Don't get up too much. Please."

"I promise, Vic. I don't think they'd let get up, anyway. Don't worry." He nods, pecks my forehead, then leaves, but not without one more glance at me. I take a seat beside my dad as the boys play video games.

~~~

Vic

I hated leaving Kellin, especially now, but I had an important matter to tend to. I walk to the back of HQ and enter the building. I get it in the old elevator and press the basement. As I pass the floors, I feel my anger grow more and more. I will destroy him.

When the elevator doors open, I see his pathetic body chained to the wall with Mike leaning against it without a care in the world. He smiles once he sees me. "Glad you could make it."

"I kind of wanted to stay home with Kellin."

"Yeah, I know," Mike says. I hear the bastard cough before he lifts his head and asks, tiredly, "Kellin? How is that waste of space?" Then my glare hardens and punch him across of the face. His head turns on the impact and he coughs up blood.

"What have you done to him so far?" I ask Mike, not once turning away from the piece of shit in front of me.

"I've burned him, broke his leg, peeled off his finger nails, beat him up, and cut off three fingers from his right hand."

"Good." I lean in close to him until I'm a breath away. "I'm going to do so much worse to you." I feel myself smile when he looks up at me fearfully. "How is Kellin with you?" He asks, shocked. "You're exactly like me."

I stand up straight and look down at him. "I'd never hurt him. I've been with Kellin a whole year and I've respected his decisions and him. I love him." He rolls his eyes.

"Oh, please. You probably only love the sex." And I smirk.

"Kellin and I haven't had sex. He's a virgin." His eyes widen. "I could have raped the little bastard?!" My smirk falls and I grab a cigarrette and lighter. I put the cigarrette in my mouth and light it. I suck once before blowing the smoke in his face. "Yep." Then I press it against his cheek and he screams out.

This was going to be fun.

~~~

Kellin

Vic's been gone a while and I missed him. Cope was in my lap watching tv when the doorbell goes off. I stand up and adjust Cope on my hip. As soon as the door opens, I'm bombarded with hugs. "Kellin," I hear a familiar voice squeal.

"Alan!" I hug him back with my free arm. "I've missed you."

"Me too. I'm sorry we haven't come sooner, but..."  he steps aside and Austin comes in holding a little boy's hand. I gasp and walk to the boy. "You adopted?"

"Yes, meet Jaxin. He's four." I smile the boy and hold my hand out for him. He moves closer to Austin and hides behind his leg. Austin chuckled and I smiled at Jaxin, gently. "Go on, Jax. Say hello." The boy cautiously takes my hand and I smile at him.

"I'm Kellin," I tell him. "Nice to meet you."

"N-Nice to meet you, too," he stuttered out.

"Jaxin, baby, come here," Alan says, softly. "Okay, mommy," he mumbled and walked around me to Alan who picked him up. I adjust Cope and walk to them. "Come, guys. Let's go into the living room." They follow behind me.

Austin sits beside the boys who tackle him with hugs and Alan sits beside me. He places Jaxin in his lap who immediately pays attention to the tv. "How are you," Alan asks me softly.

"I'm good. A lot better than from where I was a week ago."

"I'm sorry this happened to you. Out of everyone in the world, you are the least deserving of that."

"Thanks, Alan. I'm just glad to be home."

"I can imagine. I'm sorry for not being here sooner, but then we found Jaxin and we couldn't leave the country until everything was set in stone."

"Hey, hey. Don't apologize. I know you've wanted kids for a while. I'm happy for you."

"Thank you."

Before I could respond, there was another knock on the door. I get up again and Mike stood on the other side. "Kellin, Vic wants you."

I give him a confused look. "Okay?"

"You need to leave the kids here. I can watch them."

"No, it's okay. Austin and Alan are here." He nods. "Be right back," I tell him. I walk back into the living room. "Austin, can you hold Cope for me?" He nods. "I have to go. Mike's taking me to Vic. My dad's upstairs if you need anything."

Before they can ask question, I leave and put on my TOMs before following Mike. He takes me to the end of HQ before opening a door for me. It was a dark and dank room and I felt uncomfortable being there. He leads me to the elevator and presses the last button.

I wanted to ask questions, but I believed staying quiet was better. It was quiet the whole ride down and eventually the doors open with a ding. And I gasp at what I see. Mike grabs my hand and walks out with me behind him.

There was my uncle. He was beaten and bleeding. Even after all he did to me, I felt sorry for him. Mike releases my hand as we stand a couple of feet away from him. I reach out hand before retracting it. I couldn't touch him.

"Kellin," I turn my head and see Vic. I walk to him and he wraps an arm around my waist. "I'm going to kill him. If you want to say anything to him, now's your chance." I nod and walk back to my uncle. I was speechless.

"Uncle?" I ask, softly, placing a hand on his shoulder. He looks up at me and his eyes harden. "You little bitch." I flinch away and Vic steadies me. "Go on," he says in my ear. I stare at my uncle with fearful eyes as I trembled in Vic's hold.

I take a shakey breath before walking closer to my uncle. "I-I don't know what to say. You-you abused me for so many years, but you were the only guardian I knew. I-I don't hate you, but I-I am afraid of you. I'll miss you as a person, but not as family." I step away and Vic moves me behind him as he holds up a gun pointed at my uncle.

I see Vic's finger tighten around the trigger and I look away and close my eyes as I hear the sound of gun go off.

I open my eyes slowly and no one has moved from their position. We all stood frozen. I question if I have the strength to move. It's quiet. So quiet and I hate the sound. But my uncle was gone.

Slowly, we all break from our trances and Vic places the gun down before turning to face. Long ago, I would have flinched away, but I trusted Vic. I knew he did this for me. To protect me. Though, I don't approve, I still loved him. Who is this man that I've become? I've watched myself struggle with this fear of falling down, but no more. I had Vic to hold me up.

He engulfs me in a hug. And I feel myself tremble. When had that started? "It's over," I whisper in shock. He nods. "I know." We stay like that for a while. That was now one chapter of my life finished. Now I had to turn the page.