Bulletproof Love

Chapter Twenty-Seven

I wake up to someone playing with my hair and as I lift my head off of Vic's chest, I see it's obviously Vic. He was smiling softly down at me and I smile back at him. The whole scene was perfect. I lay my head on Vic's chest, he was his hands through my hair, and we were smiling at each other. Nothing could ruin it.

His hand moves from my hair to my back and I shiver as his fingers skim over it. "Good morning," he says, his smile widening.

"Morning," I mumble back, smiling with a blissful expression. His fingers continue to trace my back softly and my fingers begin to dance over his chest. We didn't move.

That is until we heard the doorknob. "Mom, Dad, why's the door locked," we hear Liam call from the other side. "Give us a minute," Vic calls back. I sit up slowly and more and more of the sheets fall off of me, exposing my skin. I feel Vic sit up once I'm fully seated and he pecks my shoulder. I try to stand, but wince at the pain that shoots up my lower back.

Vic gets up immediately, not bothering to hide his naked body while I on the other hand made sure the sheets were wrapped tightly around me. "Are you okay," he asks, worriedly. "I'm fine. Just sore."

"I'm sorry."

"It's okay. Let's just get changed and entertain our kids. Yeah?"

"Yeah."

He carries me to the dresser and sets me down as I hold the sheets tightly around me. He gets dressed first before pulling out some clothes for me. He unhooks my hands from the sheets and lets them fall around my feet. He slides the underwear up my legs before pulling the sweatpants up as well. He hands me the tank top which I put on.

I walk slowly to the door unlocking it as Vic picks up our clothes from the floor. The boys stood there smiling. "Good morning."

"Morning, boys."

"Why was the door locked, Mom? I'm curious, you guys have never locked it before." Shit, I was never good at lying. "Really? I don't think we noticed it was locked."

"Mom, you suck at lying," Rowan says. I sigh, "Yeah, I know. Let's go downstairs."

"Mommy?"

"Hmm?"

"Did you lose your virginity?" I choke on my spit at Liam's question. "L-Liam! What kind of a question is that?"

"So you did, huh?"

"Boys," Vic says, coming to my rescue. "Don't embarrass your mother, but yes, he did lose his virginity."

"Knew it," the boys said at the same time, nodding and walking off. I could only stare at my boyfriend in horror.

"Vic! Why? Why would you tell them that?! If it didn't hurt, I'd walk away from you right now." He laughs at me and I glare at him. "Come on, Kellin, let's go downstairs. I'll make breakfast." I nod, but still keep my glare since I have yet to forgive him.

He picks me up and carries me down the stairs. He carries me into the dining room where he sits me in a chair while he enters the kitchen to begin cooking. My dad then walks in with Cope in his arms. "Morning, dad."

"Good morning, Kellin." He walks over to me and gives me a hug before handing Copeland to me. She smiles and hugs me as soon as she's in my arms. "How was she," I ask him.

"Fine. She stayed asleep the whole night and I fed her her bottle when she woke up." I nod and set Copeland in my lap. Vic comes in with five plates of food and sets them on the table before walking back into the kitchen only to appear with one of Coco's princess plates.

He sets the plate on her high chair before taking her from me and sitting her in the high chair as well. Once that's done, I grab my phone from the table and go to Jesse's contact where I press message. I write him a text that consisted of four words - I lost my virginity.

Soon after, I'm bombarded with messages from him.

You did?!?!?!

How was it?!?!

CAN YOU WALK?!?!?!

WAS HE GENTLE WITH YOU?!?!? OR DID YOU LIKE IT ROUGH?!?!

Tell me!!!!!!!!

I roll my eyes and begin to answer his questions. Yes, beautiful, no, and he was gentle. I press send and not long after, I hear my phone bing indicating a message has come.

Awwww, my baby's all grown up!!!!

I chuckle a bit. Shut up, Jesse. How are you and Jaime?

We're great, he responds. He says hi by the way.

Tell him I say hi, I text him back.

And that's how our conversation went. Vic picks me up and carries me into the living room, setting me down on the couch. "I'm going out, I'll be back soon, though, okay?"

"Okay, Vic. Bye. I love you," I tell him. He leans down and pecks my forehead, "I love you, too." He walks off only to appear with Cope. Then he leaves. I set Cope down on the floor, watching her as she played with her toys. I loved watching my kids be kids.

I turn on the tv and look through the channels, but turn it off when I find nothing interesting on. I never did get what was so appealing about television. The boys seemed to love it, though.

I missed Vic the four hours he was gone and I couldn't do anything to pass time. My dad was the one who placed Cope down for her nap and the boys were playing games. Finally, Vic returned home and I felt my mood brighten. "Kellin, we're going out." I give him a confused look, but nod.

"Jeuse, watch the kids," he calls to my dad and he picks me up. Not bothering to put on my shoes. He carried to me to the car he had prepared and he drove out of HQ. I was extremely confused, but curious as well. He drove for a good while until I recognized where we were.

The beach was beautiful in the evening. He carries me somewhere and I gasp when I see what he had set up. He had laid a blanket down with rose pedals on and around it. There was a candle and food and I felt tears build in my eyes.

He sets me down and I had to smile. "It's beautiful," I tell him. He sits across from me and begins feeding me the fruit salad he packed. We had a beautiful time and when I thought it was over, he stood me up. I looked at him in confusion, but I gasp when he takes my hand and gets down on one knee.

"Kellin, I love you. So much more than you'll ever know. For the longest time, I was a cruel and selfish man. And maybe I still am selfish for asking this of you. But I don't care. When I met you, my life changed for the better. I've asked myself, 'How has such a bitter person become the man I am?' But it's because of you. I guess what I'm trying to say is that, I want you to always be there to make me a better person. So, will you marry me?" He then takes out the box and opens it, showing me the ring.

It was a simple silver band with one small blue-green diamond in the center. I feel myself before I can even speak. The tears fall freely and I'm nodding more enthusiastically. "Yes," I whisper and he gets up and hugs me close before connecting our lips. "Yes, yes, yes," I mumble against his lips.

We pull back and slides the ring onto my finger. I look at it and smile. Then I look at him. "Yes."

~~~

THE END

That's it. It's over. I thank you all for being here with me, but it is finally done.