Bulletproof Love

Chapter Six

Chapter Six: Vic

"What do you mean - he's gone?!" I yell at Tony. Tony flinches. We were currently in my study. Tony and Mike were in front of me. Mike was standing and Tony was sitting. Tony looked afraid and I didn't blame him. I was beyond furious. How could he let Kellin just leave? I mean, I know it's dangerous to leave the head quarters, but seriously? I glare at Tony.

"Um, exactly what I'm saying. He's gone. I saw him climb over the fence, but I couldn't leave - " I cut him off with a back slap. Mike immediately steps up. "Okay," he snaps. "I know you're really upset about Kellin leaving, but do not take your anger out on Tony," Mike yells.

"Oh, you're so lucky your love is still here! Meanwhile, my love just left!" I yell at Mike. Tony speaks up, "See, that's the thing, Vic. He doesn't love you. He told me that before he walked away. He said that he could never love you - " I cut him off. "Shut up!"

"No! Let me finish. You need to hear this. He asked me if I could teach him Spanish. I said I would if gave you a chance. Do you know what he told me?" I wait for him to continue. "He said he could live without knowing Spanish." And that hurt. It hurt a lot. Stupid Kellin. Why does he hurt me this bad? How come no one else can? Why him?

"Then I asked him if he really hated you that much." I didn't want to hear this. I didn't need to hear this. I lower my gaze, I can't do this. "He told me, 'You know I do.'" And I run out of there. I vaguely hear Mike comforting Tony. Kellin, why'd you have to leave? Why couldn't you love me? Why do you hate me so much?

I run to the edge of Pierce The Veil. This is where Kellin left. I remember first discovering Kellin was leaving. I was with Mike. "Ya esta. Me voy en una semana."

"¿Y Kellin?"

"Se va a quedar contigo."

"Ok. ¿A quien vas a ver?"

"A Of Mice and Men. Tengo que hablar con Austin. Y luego tengo que hablar con Sleeping With Sirens de los estados unidos, tiene un amigo aqui, Jack, creo que es, que va hablar conmigo porque JLaw no pudo venir y vamos ir juntos a hablar con JLaw en los estados unidos. Y no pudo venir el porque dijo que tenia algo serio pasando."

"Hay, que bueno yo no soy el jefe de Pierce The Veil."

"Ja, ja. Tan chistoso. Pero enserio, tengo que hablar con ellos pa no tener guerra con niguno. So que viene Jack el sabado y me voy con el a America, y me voy a hablar con Austin el viernes que sige."

"¿Crees que si vamos ir a guerra?"

"No. Yo tengo el gang mas grande, no creo que van a tomar esa chancé. Y me voy a llevar a Jaime."

"Ok. ¿Y hablando de Jaime, donde esta?"

"Conociendolo a el, en la casa de prostitutas. Y tengo que ir a ver a Kellin, so que vamos a mi casa." Then we got up and started walking to my house. When we stopped in front of my house, I saw a silhouette run away, but I ignored it, thinking it was my imagination. I should have known it was Kellin. Why didn't I chase after it?

I knock over a book shelf. I start trashing the whole room in anger, regret, and despair. When I finish, I look around at the damage of my library. No wonder Kellin left, for who could ever learn to love a beast?

~~~

Kellin

I was currently in a hotel in Texas and I was using the phone to call Jesse. But he wouldn't answer, "Come on, come on," I mumble into the phone. Finally, he answers, "Hello."

"Jesse! Jesse! I'm in the United States - " he cuts me off. "What?! Kellin, it's not safe for you here? He's looking for you! What state are you in?"

"Texas," I mumble. "Ok. I'll send someone for you - " this time I cut him off. "Are you sure they're coming this time because that Jack guy never showed and I got captured by some gang!"

"What?!"

"Yeah. The stupid leader kept kissing me and saying I was his. He even punched me and his brother slapped me!" I feel my bottom lip wobble at those memories. I clench my eyes shut, no, I will not cry. "Shit. You're right, I'll come for you myself. But I'm going to have guests in a week, okay?"

"Ok. When are you coming?"

"Tomorrow. I'm taking a plane. I'll buy my ticket now. What address are you on?" I check the brochure of the motel before giving it to him. "Ok, Kellin, I'll be there tomorrow. Love you."

"Love you too," I mumble before hanging up. And getting into bed. I can't wait for Jesse to get here. I go to sleep, smiling.

~~~

I awake to knocking on my door. For a moment, I forget where I am and I think I'm still with Vic. I look around, cautiously. It didn't look like Vic's room. I get out of bed, tentatively. Looking around I realize I'm in the hotel room. The knocking on the door starts again. And I look at it in fear. Has Vic found me already?

Then I hear his voice, "Kellin, are you awake? It's me, Jesse." I run to the door and open it. When I see it's Jesse, I jump into his arms. "Jesse," I breathe. "Kellin," he mumbles into my neck. I had my legs around his waist and my arms around his neck, my head buried deep in the crook of it. "Jesse, I've missed you so much." He hugs me tighter. "I've missed you more and I wanted nothing more than for you to come back, but he was after you. He was knocking on everyone's door. He's angry and I'm afraid of what he'll do if he finds you."

I shake my head. "I don't care, I just needed to get away from that stupid gang leader." I dig my head deeper into his neck and inhale his scent. I've missed Jesse so much, Vic never letting me see him made me miss him even more. "What did he do to you?"

"He punched me, his brother slapped me, and gripped my arm until I had bruises, he made me sleep with him, literally, he kept me trapped inside his house, he kissed me," I mumble. Jesse's grip tightens and I don't mind, I felt safe in his firm grip. Made me feel like someone actually cared about me. "Did he ever rape you?" I shake my head, "No, just kissed me a lot. And he stripped me to my underwear, but only to see my bruises, even though, he caused some later himself."

He sighs and kisses my neck, softly. "It's okay. You're safe now. I'm sorry I sent you to Mexico, but I was desperate to keep you safe." I loosen my grip to look at him. "It's okay, Jesse. I know you were just trying to protect me, and I'm so grateful for that. I'm just glad to be away from him and the gang leader." Jesse nods and hugs me closer again.

We stay quiet for a while, just basking in each other's presence. I haven't seen Jesse in days. "When are we leaving," I ask him. He doesn't pull back as he answers. "Now. Grab your notebook." I unwrap.my legs from his waist and unravel my arms from his neck and do as he says. I grab my notebook off the table and put on my shoes. He pulls my hand gently and we walk out the hotel room. "Kellin, in a week, I'll be having company, okay?" I nod, he smiles and pulls us onward.

When we get outside, he catches a cab and tells him to drive us to the airport. When we get to the airport, we go through the metal detectors, but since we didn't have luggage, after that, they let us through. Jesse goes pays for our tickets, and even though, I didn't want him to, he was rich, so he could afford it. Then we're on our way to our plane.

We take our seats and the lady on the intercom says it'll take at most three hours. I get comfortable and just stare ahead, not really staring, just seeing. But eventually I got sleepy, so I laid my head on Jesse's shoulder. And right before I go to sleep, I see Jesse take out his phone and on his phone I saw the name Jack, and as I soon as I fell asleep is the moment he pressed call.

~~~

When I awake, Jesse tells me we've reached our destination. I grab my notebook and we walk off the plane. As soon as we walk out of the airport is when the Michigan chill hits me causing me shiver and goosebumps to rise on my skin. Jesse noticed. "Are you cold," he asks and I nod. He takes off his jacket and hands it to me. I should have brought a sweater. I take it and wrap it around my shoulders, not really putting it on. I had one hand holding my notebook, firmly against my chest and the other clasped in Jesse's.

He leads us to his car that he left overnight. He turns the heaters on and he drives off. After a while, I see the all too familiar street and then Jesse's house appears. He parks in his drive way, and he grabs my notebook before walking to my door and opening it for me. Jesse was the only one I trusted with notebook. He leads us to his mansion of a house and we enter the house that I have been in one too many times.

"Kellin, do you want to sleep with me or in the guest room?" And I bite my lip as I contemplate the idea. I didn't like sleeping with Vic, but this was Jesse, I trusted him. I don't like sleeping alone either. "Can I sleep with you," I ask. He smiles and nods and leads us down the hallway that I have been down too many times. He opens his bedroom door and lets me in first.

I place my notebook down on the table beside the bed. "We'll go shopping tomorrow for clothes for you since your clothes is at his house," and I sigh as he says his. It was my house, but now it's his, my stuff was just there. That was my house, that was my home, but it isn't anymore. "Okay," I say. "I'm still worried he'll find me and hurt you," I mumble.

"I'm scared he'll find you as well. But let's not worry, for now, you're safe." And I nod. Jesse's right, I am safe. Away from him and away from Vic.

~~~

Jesse had called me for dinner, after I had gotten the chance to get comfortable, although it wasn't hard since I have been here many times. For crying out loud, this was Jesse. My best friend. I trusted him with all my being. It wouldn't take long for me to get comfortable at his house since I know he'd never do anything to make me uncomfortable. He never kept secrets from me and I never kept secrets from him. If I were to find out that Jesse kept secrets from me, I'd be crushed.

I walk down the stairs and before I reach the kitchen and I hear voices that aren't Jesse's. I knew Jesse had other friends besides me, but I never met any of them. I didn't do well with new people, I didn't trust people. I didn't trust anyone, but Jesse. I stay frozen for a while until I finally move my feet.

When I first walk in, I see Jesse and two boys that I've never seen before in my life. I walk in quietly, so that they don't notice me. I just stood there awkwardly. Jesse was the first to notice me. "Kellin," I just give them a small smile and a tiny wave. "These are two of my friends, Justin," he says, gesturing to a boy with light brown hair. He was cute. "And this is Gabe," he says, gesturing to the other.

"So this is the famous Kellin? I'm so glad to finally meet you. Jesse talks about you all the time," Justin says, as he comes to hug me. "Although, you are shorter than I imagined." And I blush at that. "Aw, he's so adorable," Gabe says, and I feel my cheeks darken. "Guys, stop. I told you that Kellin blushes easily not so you could make it happen," Jesse comes to my rescue.

"Alright, we'll stop. Bur seriously, it really is great to meet you." I smile, "Nice to meet you too."

"Yeah, but Justin wasn't kidding when he said that you were all Jesse talked about." I laugh. "Yeah, yeah. Now, I promised these idiots food, so go grab one of my sweaters, Kellin, we're going out." I nod and walk out of the kitchen to one of the hallway closets. I grab a random sweater and start walking back to the kitchen, but stop arrupt when I hear a conversation.

"Promise me you'll watch him closely, he's still out there and I don't want Kellin getting hurt," I hear Jesse say, and it didn't sound like a plea - even though, it did look like it through wording - it sounded more like a command. "We will," I hear Gabe reply. "Thanks, guys. Now come on, Kellin must be ready by now." And then I run, realizing what that meant. Then I stop and turn around, pretending like I'm walking to the kitchen.

"Hey, Kellin, you ready to go," Jesse asks me and I nod. We walk out of the house and to Jesse's car. I get in shot gun and Justin and Jack got the back. When Jesse drives out of his driveway is when we start talking, and by we, I mean Justin, Gabe, and Jesse. "So, where are we going," Jesse asks.

"I'm kind of in the food for Mexican, what about you, Gabe," and I tense up, thinking of Vic, but then I calm down remembering I am far away from him. "I kind of want Chinese, what about you, Kellin?" And I bite my lip, "I'm fine with anything." They start arguing over where we should go and I just sit there, awkwardly. I see Jesse sigh and shake his head. Then he starts driving as if he had an idea or place in my mind. "Where are we going," I ask him, quietly. Not wanting Justin or Gabe to hear, not like they would anyway.

"Italian." And I nod. Justin and Gabe argue the whole way to the resturaunt and only stop when they see the car's stopped. "Congratulations, we're eating Italian," Jesse tells them. They look at each other, then at Jesse, then at the resturaunt, then at each other, before shrugging. "Okay," and we all get out.

When we enter, we wait to be seated. When we finally get seated, I sit beside Jesse, and Justin and Gabe sit beside each other. I'm going to order cheese stuffed ravioli, I think as I look over the menu. My mouth was in a straight line, it's been a while since I've eaten out. "Jesse," I mumble, "What are you getting?"

"Not sure, maybe a lasagna. What about for a drink? What are you getting?" He asks, turning to look at me.

"Well, for a drink, maybe a pink lemonade, and I think the cheese ravioli." I say, gesturing to the picture as well. "Hmm. Good choice," and as soon as he said that, the waiter comes by. "Evening, gentlemen, what can I get you for drinks?" And I give him my answer last. "Alright. Are you ready to order, or do you need more time?" We all look at each other, mumbling that we know what we're getting. "We're ready to order," Jesse says. And we give our orders, me last again.

Then we start talking about how Jesse and I met, how they - Gabe and Justin - met. I found myself laughing a lot, it's been a while. And even though, we were enjoying ourselves, the food was taking forever. "Oh, my fucking God, where is the God damn food," Justin says, slamming his head on the table. And I let out a small laugh. "It's okay, Justin," I say, and it was okay. For once, it was okay.

~~~

Vic

I throw the empty glass to at the wall, watching and hearing it shatter. I grab the bottle of booze and drink from it, not caring that some dropped and spilled onto my clothes. I stumble around the study and trip over a chair. "Ugh," I groan in pain. Then I get on my hands and knees and struggle to get up. Stupid, drunk mind. I kept falling and face-planting.

I finally get up and I stumble down the hallway, towards my bedroom. It was mine again because it's not Kellin's or ours anymore. Not since he left. Two days, it's been two days. Two days since he left. I missed him - his soft, black hair; his cute, little button nose; his beautiful, bruised, and mistreated body; his thick, luscious pink lips; and most of all, his huge, innocent, blue-green-gray eyes. They were full of color, not just one simple shade, they are mixtures.

I reach my room and try to open the door, but the door knob was so slippery or I was just very drunk. I take a swig from the bottle and finally get the door open. Success. I stumble inside my room, knocking things over in the process. I kick my shoes somewhere, hearing them knock something over. My house was probably a mess.

I reach my bed and sit on it before taking another gulp from the bottle. I just sit there, staring into space and drinking. I was probably going ro regret it in the morning, but for now, I'll drink away my pain. I finish the bottle and grab another one from my night stand. I take a gulp from the alcoholic drink. I didn't know what it was and I didn't care.

After a few hours, I had drank like 20 bottles and that was around the time, Mike came around. I was walking around the house, yelling for Kellin. "Kellin, Kellin! Where are you? Why aren't you home," I yell in despair. No reply. "Kellin! Come out now!" Still nothing. Then I hear knocking, but why would Kellin knock, he lives here. He isn't my prisoner. "Vic, open up, it's Mike." And I ignore it now knowing who it is.

"¿Vic, Vic, donde estas?" I hear him call. I guess he let himself in. He's lucky he's family or else I would have killed him. Kellin probably wouldn't have liked it if I did do that, but he wasn't here at the moment. I didn't reply. I'll wait for him to find me because I wasn't going to do anything today, but sit and drink my sorrows away.

"¡Vic, que diablos estas haciendo!" He yells at me, and I glare. "¿Que crees? Estoy tomando." He sighs and takes the bottle from me. "I know what you're doing, what I'm is why." And I take the bottle back from him and take three gulps before it takes it from my grip again. "Vic, how many have you drank?"

"Eh," I say, and think about it. "More than ten. Like twenty." I say, smiling. He sighs, "Hay, Vic. You need to stop."

"Does it even make a difference? When I'm sober, I feel pain."

"I know. But we'll find Kellin. Now let's get you to bed," he says, and starts leading me to my bed. He lays me down and closes my door. And in that bed, I can't help but notice how big and empty it feels. But I manage to fall asleep... with great effort, though.