Status: in progress, lovelies

Your Guardian Angel

A Deadly Grip On Lies

A Guardian Angel... One of those would be nice to have. Someone who would be always be watching over me and protecting me... But I guess Ashley was sort of like one to me. He always found ways for things to be okay... and I loved that.
"Ash?" I asked after a few minutes of silence.
"Hm?" He lifted his gaze from his phone and set his eyes on me.
"What- What did you think?"
"Think about what? Your journal?" Ashley rasied an eyebrow. I nodded silently, eyes fixed on the cup in my hands. "It was... flattering. I'll be sure to blame you for any ego boosts." He teased, elbowing me gently.
"Ash..." I sighed. "I'm serious."
"Sorry. It was... I don't know. you really think all that?"
"Yeah." I chewed on my lip ring and looked down more, letting my hair fall on both sides of my face.
"But why? Why do you want me of all people? I... I'm not good for you, Andy. There are so many other people out there who won't keep secrets from you, or break your trust like I have... Someone out there will treat you right; and that someone just isn't me... I'm sorry, bud." Ashley said quietly, tucking the hair behind my ear. I looked away and shook my head.
"No. You're wrong."
"What do you mean?"
"You're wrong. No one knows me like you do." I whimpered and set the cup on the table, turning to face him. "No body can make me feel safe like you do. I don't- I don't know what it is about you but you're the only person I've met in my entire life that gives me the feeling that everything will be okay in the end."
Tears were starting to brim in my eyes, threatening to fall. I choked back the lump in my throat, taking deep, shaky breaths before continuing.
"Andy, I-"
"And what do you mean by secrets? Do you not trust me?" I bit my trembling lower lip.
"I never- No. I do trust you." He sighed.
"Then why do you never tell me anything?! I tell you everything, and I don't know anything about you! All I know about you are the damn lies you've fed us!" Sobs were beginning to escape mid-sentence as I pounded both fists against Ashleys chest. Ashley grabbed my wrists, staring at me worriedly.
"Andy, calm down, please..." He murmured. I hung my head, resting it against his chest and cried quietly. I wanted answers. I needed answers. I needed to know who my best friend really was. Suddenly I felt Ashley's fingers soothingly comb through my knotted hair, cooing to me softly. Before I knew it, my cries quieted down until they became silent, and my body relaxed. There it was again... that feeling that shot through my body, calming my nerves in less than two seconds. It was like nothing I had ever felt before, I only got the feeling when I was with Ashley. Why was that?
I must have fallen asleep, because when I opened my eyes next, the clock on my phone read 3 a.m. and Ashley was gone. I sat up, realizing I was in my bunk, neatly tucked in. Ashley must have put me here... I picked up my journal and stared at the tip of the feather and poked out from it, glancing over at Ashley's bunk across the aisle.
I felt some sort of connection between the two, but I wasn't sure what...
-Time Lapse-
I heard the fans chant our name, over and over again. The same thing, same sound.
"Black Veil Brides! Black Veil Brides! Black Veil Brides!"
It was times like this that I was glad to have chosen that name. It fit so perfectly...
Tonight was the night we promoted our second full length album, in the middle of the Hollywood mall. It was a pretty big crowd, too...
"You're on!" The crew leader whispered. I ran on stage after the others, grabbing the mic of the stand.
"Hello Hollywood, California!" I shouted to the crowd, earning a roar of appreciation. The first few songs we played were from the new album we were promoting; Set The World On Fire. The last song we decided to play was from our first album; We Stitch These Wounds.
"This last song is called All Your Hate." I growled into the mic, panting to catch my breath. During the breakdown, I climbed up the marble to the side of the stage, singing from up there for a few minutes before sitting down and launching myself off to get back onto the stage.
But I fell.
I didn't make it to the stage. I fell. I braced myself for the collision onto the floor, squeezing my eyes shut tight, but... it never happened. I heard a gasp from the crowd and the music stop. All I could hear was... breathing? I opened my eyes. Ashley was setting me down onto my feet, a worried look on his face. He threw his arms around me.
"Don't ever scare me like that again." he whispered, hugging me tight.
"A-Ash?" I gaped.
"I caught you, kid. You fell from the marble and would've seriously hurt yourself if I didn't get over here."
"Bu-"
"It's okay.." he whispered, looking out into the crowd. He walked onstage and grabbed one of the mics. "That's it for tonight, everybody. Thanks for coming out and don't forget to buy our record!" he said and led me off stage with the others. I was confused... he was on the other side of the stage when I jumped. How could he have gotten there so fast?
"I didn't even notice he moved!"
"How did he move so quickly?!"
"Ashley is soooo amazing isn't he?"
I heard some fans talk outside the mall as we walked to the bus out back. So I wasn't the only one who found it odd, huh? As I went to change into less sweaty clothing, I realized that the bandana I had tucked in my back pocket was missing.
"Shit, guys? I'll be right back. I left something inside." I jogged back inside to the now empty mall. The security guard gave me a frown of disapproval. "Uh- I forgot something. I'll be leaving, I swear." I laughed awkward. She rolled her eyes and continued on walking. I raised an eyebrow at the uptight securtiy guard and went to where I had fallen. I picked up the red bandana and turned to leave, when something dark caught my eye in the dim light of the mall.
"Another one...?" I whispered to myself as I picked up another jet black feather. It was odd enough the first time, to see something like this in the bathroom on our tour bus... but why was one... in the exact spot Ashley caught me.
I knew there was some connection with Ashley and the feathers.
What was it?
More importantly, who was Ashley?
♠ ♠ ♠
DUN
DUN
DUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
hai
'bout time I say hi to you lovely subscribers/readers x3 I'm CrashFire17, I'm writing Andy's POV. My lovely friend SoulPunk98 writes Ashes POV c:
comment/reccomend/subscribe x3<3