Status: in progress, lovelies

Your Guardian Angel

Promises Don't Mean Much Now

"You can explain this at anytime." I had said, and let the dark feather slip from my fingers to the floor outside my bunk. I could just barely hear a gasp from Ashley. Was he... scared? He sounded like he was afraid of it or something... What, was he all of a sudden allergic to mysterious black feathers? Was he going to lie about it again? Why did I even bother trying to get any answers from him? Not like he had told the truth before...
I fell asleep fairly well after the past events, thoughts clouding every dream that ran through my head.
When I awoke the next morning, it dawned on me that this was the last week of tour. 5 months sure went fast when you were on the road with a bunch of clowns, huh?
I rolled out of the mess of bedsheets and staggered into the front of the bus.
"Good morning sleeping beauty!" CC singsonged.
"g'morning." I yawned, combing my fingers through my tangled bedhead.
"How'd you sleep?"
"good." I smiled and moved to the counter to make some coffee, pleased to see CC had taken the liberty of doing so for me. I took my KISS mug and sat on the sofa, sipping it and scrolling through twitter feed on my phone when I felt weight on the other side of the sofa. I looked up through my snarled hair and looked back down almsot immediately, my heart pounding in my chest.
"Hey..." Ashley said quietly.
I looked down more, shaking my head to get my hair to cover my face and remained silent as I pretended to look at tweets.
"I... I'm sorry, Andy." he whispered sadly.
I stood abruptly and went to my bunk, changing into jeans and an old teeshirt before sitting in the back, door locked and all alone.
"Andy come out, please." Ashley groaned, knocking on the door.
"Make me, best friend." I spat back.
Ashley didn't reply for a few minutes, and I heard a deep, shaky sigh.
"I lie for a reason, Andy. Not because I hate you." he whispered. I heard clicking and watched as the door opened.
"How did you-" Ashley cut me off by holding up a key to the back room. "Oh."
"Can we talk? Please?" He sat next to me, concern filling his honey brown eyes. I shrugged and directed my gaze down to my lap.
"About what." it sounded like more of a statement than a question.
"Everything."
"The truth?"
"I... I'm not quite ready for that yet." he sighed.
"Then what do you want?"
"I want to talk, Andy. I want our friendship back..."
"Why?" I muttered.
"Because. You're the best little brother I've ever had.." Ashley smiled faintly, nudging me wtih his elbow gently.
"...really?" I smiled.
"Yeah. Are we okay now?"
"yeah. Yeah, I guess we are. But no more lying, okay?" I narrowed my eyes.
"No more lying. I promise." he smiled, holding his hands up in defense.
I smiled and hugged him happily. He promised... Maybe he could get some answers finally? But then again... I guess I'll wait a bit...
I stood up and walked back into the front of the bus.
"What went on in there?" Jinxx asked, looking up from his coffee.
I shrugged. "Nothing... just sorting stuff out." I sighed and glanced at Ashley.
"What sort of stuff?" CC asked, raising an eyebrow at Ashley. Ashley seemed to flinch under CC's gaze. What was that all about?
"Uh- y'know. Talking things out." He coughed and shook his head, looking as if he was trying to get CC to leave it alone. What the hell was going on?
"Right." he nodded. "I'll give you two more privacy, then. I feel like you left something important out." He shrugged and dragged the guys to the back, leaving us alone.
"Ash? What's CC mean?"
"nothing. He's being CC, and you know how he is." Ashley laughed lightly. I nodded and shifted, clearing my throat. "What's on your mind, kid?"
"You- You promised not to lie, so... no harm in trying, right...? What's with the feathers?"
I watched his eyes widen.
What's going on?