Status: in progress, lovelies

Your Guardian Angel

Your Burdens Lifted

"Thank you so much.." I said for possibly the millionth time, my arms wrapped around Ashley. I finally released him and looked at the Batman pendant around my neck, lifting it in my palm and smiling faintly. "I still can't believe it was you... This whole time." I laughed breathlessly.
Ashley shifted his weight, wings slumped on the floor. "Its not exactly something that's easy to talk about.." he bit his lip and looked at the dark feathers behind him.
"Can- Can I..." I reached a hand out to touch them. Ashley nodded and stepped towards me so I could reach. Shakily, I ran my hand along the dark, ruffled feathers and smiled faintly. "They're beautiful..." I looked up at him again, my icy blue eyes meeting his honey brown. "You're beautiful."
A light tint of red stained Ashley's cheeks as he smiled weakly. "Thank you, blue eyes." he murmured and cupped my jaw in his hand.
I blushed faintly at the pet name and giggled quietly. "For what?"
"For finding me. I don't know what I'd do if we never found each other on craigslist." He laughed quietly under his breath.
"And thank you for protecting me all these years." I wrapped my arms around his neck and connected our lips. Ashley smiled and rested his hands low on my back as his black wings hovered around us. We broke apart and grinned at each other. Ashley laughed. "why are you laughing?" I frowned.
"You're grinning like an idiot."
"Yeah, well so are you!" I pouted and punched his arm playfully. Ashley laughed more and kissed my cheek.
"You're such a dork, it's adorable..."
"Don't you mean, adorkable?" I grinned at my cheesy comment. Ashley rolled his eyes.
"Ha ha, very funny. C'mon, the guys are probably wondering whats going on." he pulled his wings in and made a move to open the door.
"Wait!" I grabbed his arm. "Are we telling them about us or about you?" I asked, chewing on my lip ring. Ashley thought for a brief moment, looking at the door.
"Both." he said and opened the door, pulling me out with him to the front lounge of the tour bus. "Guys, we have some announcements to make." He smiled. I was pulled to his side and giggled as he planted a kiss on my cheek, blushing.
"You guys finally got together..." Jinxx grinned. "Congrats."
"yeah, congrats guys!" CC smiled.
"Wait.. you said announcements. That means theres more..." Jake was next to jump into the conversation, raising an eyebrow at the two of us.
"Well... It's more of Ashley's thing than it is mine..." I bit my lip and looked at my shoes, waiting for Ashley to say something. There was a 'whoosh' sound and then silence, excluding the soft gasps of our bandmates. I saw a black feather drift to my feet and furrowed my brow, deciding to look up. Ashley stood next to me, one of his black wings extended to the left to its full length and the other partially wrapped around me. My jaw dropped. I was expecting some explanation before the demonstration...
"Ashley... What the hell is going on?" Jake asked calmly.
"As you may have guessed from... this," he gestured to the wings. "I'm not exactly human. I'm an angel. Well, a fallen angel actually. My whole life, my purpose has been to protect Andy. I've been doing just that while being in a band with him and being his best friend." He looked over at CC, who was smiling and nodded back at him. Ashley smiled back.
"You're his guardian angel." Jinxx whispered as the pieces fell into place. Ashley nodded.
"Pretty much. Now I'm his boyfriend." He laughed. I giggled and kissed his forehead. After years of wondering and being in love with Ashley, I finally had him to call my own.